Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

5 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Can you actually print it out, complete and sign it and drop it in the mail? The USPS? Thanks.

It certainly prints out well.  Snail mail is perfectly acceptable to World Cruise Reservations 😉 

22 minutes ago, sleepy traveler said:

Saw on Holland site Advisory that Volendam was cancelled until April 16

for Caribbean 2021

Anybody else know about this. We are booked on Southern Caribbean

March 19- April 2

Assume it's because anything that's longer than 7 days (in or out of US ports) through the end of October 2021 is on hold for the time being.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:33 PM, sleepy traveler said:

Saw on Holland site Advisory that Volendam was cancelled until April 16

for Caribbean 2021

Anybody else know about this. We are booked on Southern Caribbean

March 19- April 2

On 11/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, zelker said:

Assume it's because anything that's longer than 7 days (in or out of US ports) through the end of October 2021 is on hold for the time being.

And all cruises up to and including March 31st have been cancelled.

While I would love for the world to be in a place that makes our May 26 Med cruise on the (now) Volendam possible, it’s looking more and more unlikely that the summer European/Mediterranean season will happen, especially for Americans who would need to fly in. I’m wondering why HAL is going through the administrative headache of reassigning everyone from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam rather than just cancel. Are they really hopeful that they will still do 12-24 day sailings over there (ours is 12), or are they trying to roll cancellations out in phases, even if they know internally that sailings will eventually be cancelled? I know it’s all a guessing game at this point. I have tried to be optimistic, but I want to balance that with realism and safety, even though I have been dreaming of this cruise for years and have already had it cancelled twice due to COVID. I’ve also noticed the switched Volendam sailings still aren’t available for viewing on the HAL website...makes me wonder if they’ll ever even be put back on there. At this point, I’m itching for the Med 2022 sailings to be put on the website to start planning for a fourth time. 😅We have some of our hotels as well as our airfare booked but have only done 100% refundable rates. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, calebandjess said:

While I would love for the world to be in a place that makes our May 26 Med cruise on the (now) Volendam possible, it’s looking more and more unlikely that the summer European/Mediterranean season will happen, especially for Americans who would need to fly in. I’m wondering why HAL is going through the administrative headache of reassigning everyone from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam rather than just cancel. Are they really hopeful that they will still do 12-24 day sailings over there (ours is 12), or are they trying to roll cancellations out in phases, even if they know internally that sailings will eventually be cancelled? I know it’s all a guessing game at this point. I have tried to be optimistic, but I want to balance that with realism and safety, even though I have been dreaming of this cruise for years and have already had it cancelled twice due to COVID. I’ve also noticed the switched Volendam sailings still aren’t available for viewing on the HAL website...makes me wonder if they’ll ever even be put back on there. At this point, I’m itching for the Med 2022 sailings to be put on the website to start planning for a fourth time. 😅We have some of our hotels as well as our airfare booked but have only done 100% refundable rates. 

I did not look for you particular situation but there is now a filter in search for inactive.  If you select inactive you are able to see quite a few cruises that are not being sold currently 

On 11/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, calebandjess said:

Ours is a 24 day Mediterranean cruise which I rebooked for Sept. 2021as my Sept. 2020 cruise was of course cancelled. This was to be our 45th wedding anniversary celebration. I too am thinking that I should be looking for 2022, I love the itinerary & am hoping that it will be available.

Has anybody in this situation (Moved from Zuiderdam to Volendam in to a downgraded cabin) gotten any emails from HAL detailing the changes and any recompense for the downgraded cabin? We have not. The only reason I know about our new cabin assignment on Volendam is because I happened to check my account on the HAL website. I am still waiting for the official email from HAL that usually starts out with "Important information about your upcoming cruise".  Anyone else?

3 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Has anybody in this situation (Moved from Zuiderdam to Volendam in to a downgraded cabin) gotten any emails from HAL detailing the changes and any recompense for the downgraded cabin? We have not. The only reason I know about our new cabin assignment on Volendam is because I happened to check my account on the HAL website. I am still waiting for the official email from HAL that usually starts out with "Important information about your upcoming cruise".  Anyone else?

Like you, I found my cabin by logging in.  HAL said we would hear by November 30th.  No one on our roll call has heard and my TA says things have not been totally done yet.  She can’t even get a confirmation for the new booking yet and pricing is not done.

So, we just have to wait and see, I guess.

Interesting times.  How were you downgraded?  Signature Suite to Vista?

I ask as my sisters were in Verandahs (one in the double wide on the Zuiderdam) and they have both been assigned verandahs.  The one in the double wide got a B and the other a BB.  We kept our category but I would never book that location so hoping the cruise opens up and I can get ours and my sisters changed.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Interesting times.  How were you downgraded?  Signature Suite to Vista?

I ask as my sisters were in Verandahs (one in the double wide on the Zuiderdam) and they have both been assigned verandahs.  The one in the double wide got a B and the other a BB.  We kept our category but I would never book that location so hoping the cruise opens up and I can get ours and my sisters changed.

Yes, Signature Suite on deck 6 Zuiderdam to a Vista Suite category A on Volendam. A great Vista Suite location as far as they go but still no SS.  I still want to go but do expect some kind of rebate or incentive to do so.

1 minute ago, kevingastreich said:

Yes, Signature Suite on deck 6 Zuiderdam to a Vista Suite category A on Volendam. A great Vista Suite location as far as they go but still no SS.  I still want to go but do expect some kind of rebate or incentive to do so.

We have had no update from Zuiderdam to Volendam except what I mentioned above.  Even our PCC doesn’t know.  Like others I only found out a short time ago about our AA assigned cabin by logging in.  Now when I logged in today it said cancelled so who knows what is going on! 

They will have to refund money to you since they downgraded your cabin or offer maybe a reasonable upsell to a Neptune suite?   

1 minute ago, kevingastreich said:

I was guessing when you said downgrade and yes, I agree - that would be a let down.  A Vista is no Signature.  Volendam doesn’t have them - I would be tempted to ask for a steal of deal for a Neptune. 😉   

I would hope you would get something for that.  Not sure if it will happen but I hope it does. 

One plus for the Volendam - the cabins are larger IMO than on the Vista ships.  The verandahs are deeper too.

good luck

We're part of the opposite scenario (Volendam to Zuiderdam) on 45 night Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in October.  We, like you guys, can see a new suite # online but when the switch happened, our TA said pricing hadn't been finalized (we'd expect Neptunes to be lower on the bigger ship).  But of course NOW it's highly likely that our cruise is going to be cancelled anyway because it sails October 4th out of San Diego and visits several US ports in Hawaii.  Therefore, pricing won't matter because based on current CDC guidelines, they should be cancelling it any day now, just like they've done with VOV and GA and anything longer than 7 days.  And we just had a B2B on Seabourn in Alaska in July (10 and 11 nights) cancelled yesterday.  The fun keeps coming but nothing we can do about it except hope that by 2022, the world will look a whole lot better for traveling than it does today.

Just got an email from HAL regarding our new booking number for the 27 day cruise on Volendam instead of Zuiderdam for Europe/transatlantic.    Our cabin assigned may be a vista suite but it isn’t close to mid ship but aft.   The price went down about $1200 total.  (Lost 2 days plus tax/port fees).

Will see if our PCC can get us closer to mid ship or not before we make our final decision to cancel or stay.  

Just received the email from HAL notifying us that, as expected, the Zuiderdam 45 night cruise to Hawaii/South Pacific next October was canceled.  Was hoping they’d tell us they were moving it to Fall of 2022 and we could move to that sailing at the same rate but alas, they did not.  😩

Edited by zelker

25 minutes ago, zelker said:

Just received the email from HAL notifying us that, as expected, the Zuiderdam 45 night cruise to Hawaii/South Pacific next October was canceled.  Was hoping they’d tell us they were moving it to Fall of 2022 and we could move to that sailing at the same rate but alas, they did not.  😩

Oh no 😒

Can you do the February 2022 from San Diego return?  It’s a 35 night cruise.  

48 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Oh no 😒

Can you do the February 2022 from San Diego return?  It’s a 35 night cruise.  

It conflicts with Seabourn to Antarctica which is already booked and which we really want to do again.  HAL seems to offer some variation of the South Pacific at least once a year so hopefully we’ll be able to book it another time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zelker said:

It conflicts with Seabourn to Antarctica which is already booked and which we really want to do again.  HAL seems to offer some variation of the South Pacific at least once a year so hopefully we’ll be able to book it another time.

They were doing a fall run of that cruise also, October - December range.  We had it on our wish list to book while on our canceled November 2019 Amazon cruise.   Both of those cruises have not yet shown on the schedule.  I am hoping this weekend HAL adds more cruises.

7 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Just got an email from HAL regarding our new booking number for the 27 day cruise on Volendam instead of Zuiderdam for Europe/transatlantic.    Our cabin assigned may be a vista suite but it isn’t close to mid ship but aft.   The price went down about $1200 total.  (Lost 2 days plus tax/port fees).

Will see if our PCC can get us closer to mid ship or not before we make our final decision to cancel or stay.  

Morning,

We received our updated booking details for the November Trans Atlantic overnight.  Not quite pro-rata reduction.  Port fees for the new itinerary are substantially lower than the original ZDM cruise.  

We seem to have received an additional $50 OBC ($25 each).  All other OBC's (including 'Welcome Back') have carried forward.  

Edited by VMax1700

7 hours ago, zelker said:

I bet they did not want to do a lift and shift as the 2022 Hawaii cruises appear to be booking up on their own.  Lots of FCC floating around.

16 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

A short time after I sent this message we did get an email from HAL detailing the new booking.  The fare is EXACTLY the same as it was for the Signature Suite we were booked in on Zuiderdam.  No reduction for the downgraded accommodations we now have on Volendam. I suppose we will have to contact out PCC and see what gives. A cheap upsell to a NS would be nice but I don't see that happening. Maybe with the reduction of cruises available, the existing ones are now more valuable and that's how HAL can justify it?