No Sail Order Lifted

ceilidh1

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Just one outbreak of covid-19 on any ship will cause a setback of 6 months or more.

That's why everyone will / should have to be tested until vaccine and ship only shore excursions 

• Like 1

RCI Group (Royal Caribbean, Celkebrity, Azamara, etc.) already had made plans to meet much of the CDC's requirements:

They stated that they cannot eliminate all risk of Covid-19 or anything else.

Goal is to have risk of transmission on a ship less than the passengers would have in their home community. Passengers will be safer on a ship than on Main Street at home.

o Will restart slowly

o Non-revenue trial sailings

o Short cruises at first with limited destinations and controlled shore excursions

o TUI cruises, Hapag-Lloyd and Silversea have already restarted in Europe with a few ships.

o Quantum Of The Seas will start sailing from Singapore on December 1. These are basically ocean voyages that sail for three, four, five days

o Very limited restart and gradual ramp-up in first half of 2021.

o 100% testing will be an important part of restarting. New tests are being developed with improvements in speed and accuracy and at lower costs. (No specifics given as technology is changing often.)

They also said:

o Bookings for 2nd half of 2021 within historical ranges with prices down slightly (including use of FCCs).

o Consumers, having missed doing 2020 summer vacations, are expecting to have summer 2021 vacations.

o 80% of 2021 bookings are new, not from FCCs or “lift and shift.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caribill said:

RCI Group (Royal Caribbean, Celkebrity, Azamara, etc.) already had made plans to meet much of the CDC's requirements:

They stated that they cannot eliminate all risk of Covid-19 or anything else.

Goal is to have risk of transmission on a ship less than the passengers would have in their home community. Passengers will be safer on a ship than on Main Street at home.

o Will restart slowly

o Non-revenue trial sailings

o Short cruises at first with limited destinations and controlled shore excursions

o TUI cruises, Hapag-Lloyd and Silversea have already restarted in Europe with a few ships.

o Quantum Of The Seas will start sailing from Singapore on December 1. These are basically ocean voyages that sail for three, four, five days

o Very limited restart and gradual ramp-up in first half of 2021.

o 100% testing will be an important part of restarting. New tests are being developed with improvements in speed and accuracy and at lower costs. (No specifics given as technology is changing often.)

They also said:

o Bookings for 2nd half of 2021 within historical ranges with prices down slightly (including use of FCCs).

o Consumers, having missed doing 2020 summer vacations, are expecting to have summer 2021 vacations.

o 80% of 2021 bookings are new, not from FCCs or “lift and shift.”

The key to success is starting up slowly and taking their time, which I think they will do. I'm sure all the cruise line executives are well aware of what a repeat of the beginning of the pandemic could do to their already damaged reputations. They have shouldered so much of the blame because of those early breakouts - I'm sure they never want a repeat of that.

3 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

The key to success is starting up slowly and taking their time, which I think they will do. I'm sure all the cruise line executives are well aware of what a repeat of the beginning of the pandemic could do to their already damaged reputations. They have shouldered so much of the blame because of those early breakouts - I'm sure they never want a repeat of that.

Princess still has regular cruises scheduled starting December 15.

There is barely enough time for Princess to get some ships in service with crew in order to do the crew only sailings in early December, but not time to do short limited cruises with passengers by December 15.

I have no idea at all about what the ports on the itineraries in the last half of December will be ready to accept cruise ships by then.

BTW if any one wants extra protection take a look --google "Air Tamer " .They work very well &  commercial pilots have used them for years ,not to get sick   .We have 2 of them which are the rechargeable ones  .cost $149.99  each .They were out way before covid 19 struck 

Edited by mcrcruiser

Here's the full order for those who want details https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/10/30/cdc-lifts-no-sail-order-issues-framework-conditional-sailing/6051655002/

My quick read of this is that it's going to be a while before any of us set foot on a ship again.  There will have to be testing both at embarkation and disembarkation so there won't be any of those early flights possible from Fort Lauderdale.  And the CDC will only allow 7 day cruises but they will eventually allow longer cruises.  Lots more here and it's definitely worth reading.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Wondering how the cruise lines will deal with the elevator's  ?  Perhaps they found a way to have a light or mist that kills any virus  particles  on contact 

Apparently there are UV lights that kill it...maybe they will use something light that. I was just reading an article from Cruise Critic the other day from two guys who are doing a transatlantic right now (I forget which line they're on...Crystal maybe? I know it's a very small ship) and they said part of the daily cabin cleaning involves UV light.

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Many of us are willing to comply, but worried about those that won't.  In Puerto Vallarta now.  Every employee diligent about covid protocols, but a few violators have us on edge.  Btw, they are mostly from the us and very rude, telling us that this is a hoax!

Need some explanation here:

In PV on a cruise? Live there? Land vacation?

Employees of who/what?

On another note: Can't understand how anyone could think this is a hoax. Do they think no one has actually died? Even Trump got it for crying out loud and he lives in a protective bubble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Apparently there are UV lights that kill it...maybe they will use something light that. I was just reading an article from Cruise Critic the other day from two guys who are doing a transatlantic right now (I forget which line they're on...Crystal maybe? I know it's a very small ship) and they said part of the daily cabin cleaning involves UV light.

They are on Sea Dream Yacht Club and have a video about this cruise on Youtube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5879UN2ltmw

• Like 2

Received today, email from Princess  “More to Love about Cruise with Confidence”.

Under Princess Vacation Protection- FAQ - 

”Does PVP cover my medical expenses if I get COVID-19 during my cruise?”

”Yes, PVP provides reimbursement for eligible medical expenses for any illness, including COVID-19.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Here's the full order for those who want details https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/10/30/cdc-lifts-no-sail-order-issues-framework-conditional-sailing/6051655002/

My quick read of this is that it's going to be a while before any of us set foot on a ship again.  There will have to be testing both at embarkation and disembarkation so there won't be any of those early flights possible from Fort Lauderdale.  And the CDC will only allow 7 day cruises but they will eventually allow longer cruises.  Lots more here and it's definitely worth reading.

Whoops wrong link and it's too late to edit.  Here is the CDC order:  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/CDC-Conditional-Sail-Order_10_30_2020-p.pdf?fbclid=IwAR098xg3wu0t70bGa8vfkmQMnIVik4vuj6j0a4C_8es6WASSfVKzm5Zo_k8

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Need some explanation here:

In PV on a cruise? Live there? Land vacation?

Employees of who/what?

On another note: Can't understand how anyone could think this is a hoax. Do they think no one has actually died? Even Trump got it for crying out loud and he lives in a protective bubble.

Land vacation at an all inclusive booked to replace cancelled cruise.  Emplpyees of Hyatt hotels.  Had two non maskers telk me its a hoax.  I told them i think they are wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Many of us are willing to comply, but worried about those that won't.  In Puerto Vallarta now.  Every employee diligent about covid protocols, but a few violators have us on edge.  Btw, they are mostly fron the us and very rude, teling us that this is a hoax!

I dont think they weill have to kick too many people off for violating the protocols to get everyone to comply or make other plans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Princess still has regular cruises scheduled starting December 15.

There is barely enough time for Princess to get some ships in service with crew in order to do the crew only sailings in early December, but not time to do short limited cruises with passengers by December 15.

I have no idea at all about what the ports on the itineraries in the last half of December will be ready to accept cruise ships by then.

Those sailings may be scheduled but I really don't see them going, or if they do they will be at less than half capacity, or more likely with crew only - and you are correct, I don't think many (if any) ports would welcome ships just yet.