No Sail Order Lifted

ceilidh1

46 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for posting this! I had read about the 7 days or less requirement but then couldn't find it again. Didn't even think about looking on the CDC site - duh! The article I read (and can't find) stated 7 days or less until November 2021 but I'm not sure that was correct?

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks for posting this! I had read about the 7 days or less requirement but then couldn't find it again. Didn't even think about looking on the CDC site - duh! The article I read (and can't find) stated 7 days or less until November 2021 but I'm not sure that was correct?

It's on page 32 - and you're welcome!

image.png.491f4e736efb225ba1ce9ce0694f34f4.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Many of us are willing to comply, but worried about those that won't.  In Puerto Vallarta now.  Every employee diligent about covid protocols, but a few violators have us on edge.  Btw, they are mostly fron the us and very rude, teling us that this is a hoax!

You can bet there will probably be a fair majority who will not comply....leopards will not change their spots and as we know crews on Princess are often reluctant to enforce Princess' policies and they often look the other way.....I am sure it is going to be a stressful environment and not enjoyable for the money some people are willing to pay.....we will wait for vaccine and/or successful medical treatments before venturing on to a cruise ship.  We have been enjoying land travel to date and some flights to resort destinations.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Wondering how the cruise lines will deal with the elevator's  ?  Perhaps they found a way to have a light or mist that kills any virus  particles  on contact 

Skipping stair master and elevator. Staying within 4 floors (sleeping on 8 Emerald, everything I want is on 4 Plaza to 7 Promenade) now that the next cruise is on a ship without Skywalkers 

We have a 10 day Mexico R/T cruise booked on the Ruby from SF in early January followed by a 15 day R/T to Hawaii. Our final payment is due Nov 6th. I wonder how long it will take for Princess to cancel their cruises in late Dec 2020/early 2021 that are currently longer than the maximum 7 days defined by the new CD order?

26 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

There is no such virus. There is a novel corona virus also called covid -19  is that what you mean? The one that has taken almost a quarter of a million lives. 

Covid-19 is the disease caused by the virus, not the virus which is named SARS-CoV-2.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It's on page 32 - and you're welcome!

image.png.491f4e736efb225ba1ce9ce0694f34f4.png

also on that page:

(3) The cruise ship operator must screen passengers and crew before they embark for signs and symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 and deny boarding to anyone who is suspected of having COVID-19 or is an identified contact of a confirmed or suspected case, in accordance with CDC technical instructions or orders.

(4) The cruise ship operator must conduct laboratory testing of all passengers and crew on the day of embarkation and the day of disembarkationin accordance with CDC technical instructions or orders. Laboratory test results must be available prior to passengers embarking and prior to passengers and crew departing for their final destinations after disembarking the ship.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

also on that page:

(3) The cruise ship operator must screen passengers and crew before they embark for signs and symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 and deny boarding to anyone who is suspected of having COVID-19 or is an identified contact of a confirmed or suspected case, in accordance with CDC technical instructions or orders.

(4) The cruise ship operator must conduct laboratory testing of all passengers and crew on the day of embarkation and the day of disembarkationin accordance with CDC technical instructions or orders. Laboratory test results must be available prior to passengers embarking and prior to passengers and crew departing for their final destinations after disembarking the ship.

Yes, getting on and off the ship is going to take a long time.  I read elsewhere in the document that ships must each have machinery to process tests on board as well.  From recollection though the embarkation / disembarkation tests will be done shoreside.

But....  The CDC as late as October 21 is still maintaining a Level 3 Warning against cruises ship travel  (Warning - Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel—Widespread Ongoing Transmission)  Check with your insurer to see if you would still be covered for illness if you cruise in the face of CDC's current warning.

See CDC page (Last reviewed by CDC October 21, 2020) 

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-cruise-ship

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

But....  The CDC as late as October 21 is still maintaining a Level 3 Warning against cruises ship travel  (Warning - Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel—Widespread Ongoing Transmission)  Check with your insurer to see if you would still be covered for illness if you cruise in the face of CDC's current warning.

See CDC page (Last reviewed by CDC October 21, 2020) 

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-cruise-ship

With the current conditional Sailing certificate the cruise lines must include in its marketing materials, website and cruise offerings and notify any prospective passenger of any CDC travel advisory or warning related to cruise travel. they must also notify if a threshold of covid is detected the voyage will end immediately, and their subsequent travel including return home may be restricted or delayed.

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Since you understood exactly what I meant, I guess my use of the term "Wuhan Virus" was adequate.

You can pretend that the term "Wuhan virus" is somehow not applicable, but it is a valid descriptive term recognized by everyone.  Just like "Lyme disease" is an acceptable alternative to "borreliosis", a name that was based on the geographical location of the initial outbreak.  

You are welcome.

Although I know the name “Wuhan Virus” my recollection is that it is only being used by a very small group of people. The more common name of Covid19 is well known.

Theo

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dog said:

Can you provide a link to your info? I want to keep up to date. 

Just Google it, I did.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

caribill you beat me to it👍

Theo

Edited by Renmar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, .... all ships operating in Europe or Asia in Spring/Summer/Fall 2021 have to conform to the CDC order if the ships are to return to U.S. waters prior to Nov 1, 2021. So, ... Enchanted Princess must have a Conditional Sailing Certificate issued by CDC since she is due into Port Everglades prior to Nov 1, 2021. 

Edited by NavArch64

3 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Also, .... all ships operating in Europe or Asia in Spring/Summer/Fall 2021 have to conform to the CDC order if the ships are to return to U.S. waters prior to Nov 1, 2021. So, ... Rotterdam VII must have a Conditional Sailing Certificate issued by CDC since she is due into Port Everglades on Oct 24, 2021. Since I am booked on that westbound T/A voyage, I have some questions for HAL as to how that will be accomplished.

The cruise lines are not going to need to reposition ships because demand will be too low to operate all of them. Ships in Europe might move from the Baltic to Med then layup during the offseason. In Asia maybe from China/Japan to the South Pacific if they even allow cruising their. In  the US from Alaska to the Caribbean but no passengers. Cruise lines have a lot of headaches to solve.

56 minutes ago, Renmar said:

Although I know the name “Wuhan Virus” my recollection is that it is only being used by a very small group of people. The more common name of Covid19 is well known.

Theo

Perhaps in your limited circles. Beyond that, there's a whole world of people out here who understand exactly what the wuhan virus is and where it came from.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Wondering how the cruise lines will deal with the elevator's  ?  Perhaps they found a way to have a light or mist that kills any virus  particles  on contact 

Reports from MSC pax have stated elevators and stairways are nightmares.  Only 4 people per elevator with waits up to 1 hr.  Stairways are just as bad as only 1 person allowed at a time with crew monitors on each landing.  These cruises were reported as reduced capacity.  Also MDR dinner;  you had to order before you even entered, service was extremely rushed.  No self serve at buffet only 2 pax per table who were traveling together.  This pax reported waiting over 90 mins to get a table for breakfast at buffet.

1 hour ago, TwoBadKnees said:

I wonder how they will treat b2b? Require testing every 7 days?

When you read the full 40 page document put out by the CDC it doesn't say no B2B. But, if you read all the protocols the ships have to go through to Disembark and Embark passengers and other crew requirements I don't see how they can arrive and sail out the same day.

Most likely you will have to get off the ship and check in again at a minimum, probably have to wait a day or so though seems highly likely.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Perhaps in your limited circles. Beyond that, there's a whole world of people out here who understand exactly what the wuhan virus is and where it came from.

What relevance is where it came from it it is now EVERYWHERE?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2