Aqua class only double booking

I think I've mentioned this elsewhere.  There's a small chance we may adopt one teenager so we'd travel with two adults and one child.  But I see i can't book Aqua with a party of 3 in one room?  That's disappointing as we really enjoyed it.  I see if I put one adult in one room and the other plus kid in another room we can get aqua but the single is paying a high fare, single supplement etc.

One suggestion was book a suite and go into Luminae.  But I'm still not clear about the suites.  Do any have two beds or is someone sleeping on the couch?

Aqua Class only allows 2 people max in one cabin. One reason for this is the Blu dinning room is a small  venue and if cabins had more than 2 occupants the dinning room could be overwhelmed. 

Edited by terrydtx
12 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Here is a photo from Celebrity Edge. The dash means adjoining cabin to a Sky Suite.

IMG_20200701_104757462.thumb.jpg.2157593161c34cedbb140f54b768aff3.jpg

I am in such a suite on APEX, S# 8200, it also has the adjoining room but the people in that room do not get all of the same perks as in the suite.

13 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I am in such a suite on APEX, S# 8200, it also has the adjoining room but the people in that room do not get all of the same perks as in the suite.

I seem to recall from when Edge was being built that one of the reasons for the connecting inside cabins was to make it easier for people to book space for additional family members and that if the suite was booked along with the connecting inside cabin, the guests in the inside would receive some or all benefits of the suite booking.  A call to the Captain's Club might get the correct answer to this.

I think that was called the "family suite" concept which was going to be available on certain sailings.   I don't think the OP was really looking to book a suite + another room they wanted to know if the suite would comfortably sleep 3 and if the extra be was a sleeper sofa.

The answer is yes a sky suite always sleeps the 3rd passenger on the sleeper sofa.

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think that was called the "family suite" concept which was going to be available on certain sailings.   I don't think the OP was really looking to book a suite + another room they wanted to know if the suite would comfortably sleep 3 and if the extra be was a sleeper sofa.

The answer is yes a sky suite always sleeps the 3rd passenger on the sleeper sofa.

I wonder.... how comfortable is that sofa?  Especially compared to the bed?

I've heard that people request the foam egg crate mattress to put on top and it's not bad.   I don't have first hand experience.   The revolutionized ships have wonderful mattresses on the beds that I find very comfortable.   I can't say I've ever had a bad nights sleep on a ship.

32 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I've heard that people request the foam egg crate mattress to put on top and it's not bad.   I don't have first hand experience.   The revolutionized ships have wonderful mattresses on the beds that I find very comfortable.   I can't say I've ever had a bad nights sleep on a ship.

A bad day/night on a ship is better than a great day in the office.

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I wonder.... how comfortable is that sofa?  Especially compared to the bed?

We have only experienced that situation twice, but in each case my son said the sofa bed was reasonably comfortable - much more so than the 3rd person accommodations in non-suite cabins.  Besides, teen-agers can sleep just about anywhere!  And on that topic, best of luck to you if you decide to go through with the adoption!

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

I seem to recall from when Edge was being built that one of the reasons for the connecting inside cabins was to make it easier for people to book space for additional family members and that if the suite was booked along with the connecting inside cabin, the guests in the inside would receive some or all benefits of the suite booking.  A call to the Captain's Club might get the correct answer to this.

It was in MC, they were showing a video of the new Edge Class designs. I Also remember being told that if you book both cabins together they must be booked with the same credit card. That it turns into a family suite and that all will have access to Retreat and Luminae. I'm guessing that the cost of the inside cabin would be more $$$ because of access to perks.

Silhouette has a 2 bedroom. But you would not have access to Blu.

Family Ocean View Stateroom Veranda

5575022R20160725152827.jpg
Features include floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, master bedroom with two beds convertible to queen-size, second bedroom with one twin bed, sitting area with sofa convertible to trundle bed, vanity, privacy partition, 32" LCD TV and veranda. (stateroom: 575 sq. ft., veranda: 53 to 105 sq. ft.)

7 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Features include floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, master bedroom with two beds convertible to queen-size, second bedroom with one twin bed, sitting area with sofa convertible to trundle bed, vanity, privacy partition, 32" LCD TV and veranda. (stateroom: 575 sq. ft., veranda: 53 to 105 sq. ft.)

Are you a TA?  The included link brings one to a travel website.

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think I've mentioned this elsewhere.  There's a small chance we may adopt one teenager so we'd travel with two adults and one child.  But I see i can't book Aqua with a party of 3 in one room?  That's disappointing as we really enjoyed it.  I see if I put one adult in one room and the other plus kid in another room we can get aqua but the single is paying a high fare, single supplement etc.

One suggestion was book a suite and go into Luminae.  But I'm still not clear about the suites.  Do any have two beds or is someone sleeping on the couch?

Both rooms you book would have to be Aqua as Celebrity has always had a very strict policy that only those in AQ cabins can eat in Blu and it is enforced.  I would suggest a suite, even some sky suites have three person occupancy.

53 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Wasn't this FV reclassified to Sunset Suite on Silhouette after Revolution?

21 hours ago, zitsky said:

Some suites accommodate multiple guests.  Just look on line or call for details.  You will be much more comfortable, with many more amenities in a suite vs. AQ.  If AQ, you need to get two cabins, but not worth it IMO .  As you stated AQ only good for two in a cabin.  IMO the suite restaurant is so much better then AQ.  Once you try lumina- you won't even consider AQ, unless you have a budgetary concern.  Enjoy.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Some suites accommodate multiple guests.  Just look on line or call for details.  You will be much more comfortable, with many more amenities in a suite vs. AQ.  If AQ, you need to get two cabins, but not worth it IMO .  As you stated AQ only good for two in a cabin.  IMO the suite restaurant is so much better then AQ.  Once you try lumina- you won't even consider AQ, unless you have a budgetary concern.  Enjoy.

Matter of opinion.  We much prefer the menu in Blu to the menu in Luminae.  In fact when we ate in Luminae more nights than not we asked for, and ordered from, the MDR menu.  I certainly like other amenities with suites much more - more cabin space, Retreat Lounge, Retreat Deck, etc..  But for us, Luminae is a negative rather than a positive as far as food offerings go (although I did think the service was a step up, it was less crowded and the bread selection were better)

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Matter of opinion.  We much prefer the menu in Blu to the menu in Luminae.  In fact when we ate in Luminae more nights than not we asked for, and ordered from, the MDR menu.  I certainly like other amenities with suites much more - more cabin space, Retreat Lounge, Retreat Deck, etc..  But for us, Luminae is a negative rather than a positive as far as food offerings go (although I did think the service was a step up, it was less crowded and the bread selection were better)

We can agree to disagree. With blu, tables for two really one long table. About 6” apart.  Was sick of hummas and carrots.  In luminae you can get special orders if you request and order from MDR if you wish

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We can agree to disagree. With blu, tables for two really one long table. About 6” apart.  Was sick of hummas and carrots.  In luminae you can get special orders if you request and order from MDR if you wish

Point of info.. in Blu we were able to get a variety of little bites as we quickly  tired of the hummus!  Same for afternoon stateroom canapes...can get fruit, shrimp, cheeses.. we bring our own crackers...they are not stale!

On 10/31/2020 at 1:30 PM, bigbenboys said:

Here is a photo from Celebrity Edge. The dash means adjoining cabin to a Sky Suite.

IMG_20200701_104757462.thumb.jpg.2157593161c34cedbb140f54b768aff3.jpg

The dash would indicate CONNECTING cabins. 10158 and 10160 and 10164 are "Adjoining" as they are next to or across the hall from each other.10160 and 10162 are "Adjoining" yes, as they are next to each other, but they are also "Connecting" as there is a door in between.

The difference may seem small to you, but in the travel industry, there is a big difference between "adjoining" and "connecting".

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The dash would indicate CONNECTING cabins. 10158 and 10160 and 10164 are "Adjoining" as they are next to or across the hall from each other.10160 and 10162 are "Adjoining" yes, as they are next to each other, but they are also "Connecting" as there is a door in between.

The difference may seem small to you, but in the travel industry, there is a big difference between "adjoining" and "connecting".

Are you sure 10160 and 10162 are “connecting”?  It is my understanding that they each have their own entry door as indicated by the notch from the hallway on 10160 and that there is a separate doorway that can be closed and locked at the hallway that creates privacy for those two rooms when booked together. I didn’t think there was an actual door between the interior of the cabins. 

15 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Are you sure 10160 and 10162 are “connecting”?  It is my understanding that they each have their own entry door as indicated by the notch from the hallway on 10160 and that there is a separate doorway that can be closed and locked at the hallway that creates privacy for those two rooms when booked together. I didn’t think there was an actual door between the interior of the cabins. 

I understood the dash to mean connecting. But my point was really more about the terminology because the post I quoted said "adjoining"  and referred to the dash meaning they were connecting.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I understood the dash to mean connecting. But my point was really more about the terminology because the post I quoted said "adjoining"  and referred to the dash meaning they were connecting.

I think you are both correct, each room has it own entrance from the hallway, but also a door that can be open between the suites