Check-in not available for January?

Any one else having this issue?

I have a B2B on the Mariner (18th-25th), and last week I was able to start the check in process, then I came back on Friday to finish the one and start the second, but it tells me that check-in is no longer available for both.  I tried Friday, Saturday and today, no change.

8 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Any one else having this issue?

I have a B2B on the Mariner (18th-25th), and last week I was able to start the check in process, then I came back on Friday to finish the one and start the second, but it tells me that check-in is no longer available for both.  I tried Friday, Saturday and today, no change.

I checked in for my January Explorer Cruise a few weeks ago. Just logged in now and clicked on view boarding pass and it does not let me view it any longer. I fully expect it to be canceled. Trying to figure out a backup vacation now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Most will not but there likely will be some 3-4 nighters. Hoping we can just switch to one of those. 

But if you look at the original post, they were on 3/4 nighters, and from Port Canaveral, so one of the two ports that it has been mentioned would be where the first cruises would sail from, the other being Miami.  

We had already checked in for our Jan 2 2021 on the Grandeur.  I do not expect it to sail, but I do expect RCI to hold on as long as possible before cancelling to delay to refunds.  We are also checked in for our 12-day in December 2020. There are several reasons why that will not be sailing. I did remove my planner purchases yesterday for that cruise. 😞

9 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We had already checked in for our Jan 2 2021 on the Grandeur.  I do not expect it to sail, but I do expect RCI to hold on as long as possible before cancelling to delay to refunds.  We are also checked in for our 12-day in December 2020. There are several reasons why that will not be sailing. I did remove my planner purchases yesterday for that cruise. 😞

You are right...So far nothing here in Maryland has been said when the port of Baltimore will open. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, barbatkins said:

I just looked my Allure cruise for Jan 3.  I have already checked in.... it’s all still there and I can make purchases or change my check in details....

That's interesting - I just checked my Jan 4, like you I am already checked in and pass printed. 

Today, I got the "glitch" message.  

It's 5 days, just to Mexico, so I was assuming it checked the all boxes for one of the early sailings.

Sailing from Tampa, wondering if that makes a difference.  The Port Tampa website says they are open and operating, but obviously not the cruise terminals.  Seems like it would be pretty simple to ramp up - just bring back the  terminal, parking, and porter staff. 

22 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

That's interesting - I just checked my Jan 4, like you I am already checked in and pass printed. 

Today, I got the "glitch" message.  

It's 5 days, just to Mexico, so I was assuming it checked the all boxes for one of the early sailings.

Sailing from Tampa, wondering if that makes a difference.  The Port Tampa website says they are open and operating, but obviously not the cruise terminals.  Seems like it would be pretty simple to ramp up - just bring back the  terminal, parking, and porter staff. 

Just checked mine again and I can still get in like normal....    ... I dont know I feel it means anything.......I’m still not expecting it to go....   nowhere for it to go....

Guys we are jewel Dec 22, 2020.  I was am able to get boarding access also. This is my post yesterday Dec 22 group. “3rd time on Jewel including wonderful 12 night holy cruise last year. My wife says December 2020 is a no go but I read the CDC updated sail regulations differently.  When I read I see “may” as providing flexibility to allow length-end or greater than 7 day cruises. I read some of the requires ie listing the dangers of Covid to be published on the reservation website - it is, Notification of safety guidelines to be provided to CDC 28 (or 30) days prior to certification request. This was Done some 30 plus days ago. The Dec 2020 RC cruises out of Galveston have not been cancelled and can still be booked to. Also some of regulations says if carriers boats have not been in us waters at all during Mar - Oct will require diff certification. I see most RC US ships have refueled at least once in US ports so may not be subject to additional certification.  So based on the above and to keep my Covid sanity, I will continue to hope that we are a go for Dec 22, 2020. 

Fact is with the new CDC announcement today that requires the cruise lines to get file to get approval for simulation cruises 30 days in advance and then after that reporting results results and then 60 days later they will get the OK to cruise it looks like there will be NO cruising until at least Feb.

Glitch.  Glitch is a website issue. Rule is if encounter glitch, log off and try again at later time. Does not guarantee nothing else going on in background. Just try again later.  Further note on leaving these Dec Jan cruises hanging. The goodwill RC has with us loyal cruise customers will be tested if RC keeps us hanging for another month. I am loyal to Royal and expect it would be reasonable for Royal to digest the new regs and cancellations to occur in next 2 weeks. Just my analysis. 

• Like 1

I will stay with my interpretation of the source document. Yes certification is required if some of carrier ships have not sailed in us waters for last 8 months. RC has sailed is US waters during period. Yes certification requires 28 day wait after delivery of safety protocols.  RC safety protocols delivered to CDC 30plus days ago.