11-05-20 Thursday Weigh-In...1st Weigh-In Of November

Belle

November is here with it's and downs

With good people and it's clowns   

(sorry couldn't help myself..he is you know)

Have a Holiday to get through without a gain 

(know Canada had their's already)

Can we do it without any pain

Soon Christmas will come and the New Year

2021 is coming and is near

2020 has been a crazy year but think we did well so far

Two months to go so walk don't use the car

So in the eight weeks we have left in this year of masks

Is to not gain weight in this time is our task

So your job is to come in each Thursday to weigh

You'll be happy that your getting healthier in your own way

Happy to see you today and glad you came

Hope you had a loss or stayed the same

So on the scale you go with a smile

After can have coffee or tea and rest awhile

Hello All...Writing this Wed. night since didn't talk today. 

Busy and tired in so many ways. Tuesday some how hurt my neck, had pain there and shoulder and back.

Kept heating pad on it. Of course couldn't sleep hurting so much. So was watching TV all night at the

election results, which we don't have yet.  I just don't understand how some people think and act in

this world. Hope we can go back to what we call normal.

So tired of not sleeping, the election, will his whining ever end. Now the Cruises...One after the other

someone puts stops, rules on cruising. Hope the cruise lines make it.  Cruises in Europe are doing good.

But the our CDC have the power in the US. All the people and ports losing money. Some towns won't

make it without cruising another year. We all love it..hope we get to cruise next year.

This morning I still hurt but feels a little better, . My son came over we had lunch outside on the patio enjoyed

the nice weather before it turns cold.  Then he did some little odds and ends jobs around the house for me.

Somethings I could of done but not all, easier for him especially since I hurt.  Had a nice visit with him.

I hope your all doing OK. Getting by day by day in our world of ours. I keep reading the virus counts up in

every state. Know your all staying safe. Hope your family and friends are doing it to. That's the scary part

you don't know how other people are conducting their lives, who they've been with. Easier to just stay home.

Sorry didn't mean to make this post to sound so down...I'm really a happy person:classic_smile: but some days things and

people get me down.

Take Care..Hope you ALL have a GOOD Thursday!

Good morning all,

I'm up .3 pounds this week. Not surprising with my 2.5 pound gain over the weekend. I really over ate at dinner last night too. It's almost all gone though. Next week should be a loss.

Belle - sorry about your neck. I'm glad your son was able to take care of a few things around the house for you, and I hope you feel better soon! 

Good morning

Belle —- loved your poem .  The lyrics of “send in the clowns”needs to be changed to sent out clowns.  

hope your neck / shoulder gets better.  

Had lunch with my son on Tuesday.   He is going to Colorado at the end of the week. Pulled out the trunk full of ski gear— We are planning on going skiing in February (easy to wear masks and social distance). I have ski bibs in L, XL, 2X, 3X.  Currently fit in 2X 😁,  hoping to get in the  XL in Feb.

I am down 2.2 lbs .   I changed my diet a little added more fiber.  Also with the cooler temps I am walking 2x day . Averaging 5 miles a day. 

started cleaning closets (going to have closet systems installed)  1/2 the clothes are either going to resale or  donating.  Sad to say the 100 beanie babies are going to be put in the attic.  

everyone have a great week

Hello,

Belle, tnx for the poem. Hope your neck is better soon. I recommend an ice pack.

Great you had lunch with your son.

I finally lost the 1 lb. I gained 3 weeks ago.

Mel, small gain, will come off soon.

Izena, great loss and awesome walking miles. Congrats. Nice you have the ski trip ti look forward to.

Have a nice day, Diana

Hi all!

Yikes what a change in this forum!

Belle ~ thanks for the poem & hope you're feeling better soon.

Looks like most are on a downward trend. Me too, but only 0.4 lbs.

I had good news from my bone density scan, results better than 3 or even 6 years ago.

The weather here has warmed a bit for a few days, so that's nice.

I wonder what the new cruising rules are going to mean to us. Will we be able to cruise in February, that's my hope?

Have a  nice day & stay safe. I have 4 Zooms to do today, 1st one soon "Natural Movement for Seniors". Looking forward to going for Italian food tomorrow for lunch with a friend, social distancing & wearing masks.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Good Morning Belle - Thanks for the poem.  Glad your son is helping and sorry that you hurt ... I too just want life to be normal without clowns.

Got a text from my youngest sister yesterday .. she and her DH have covid.  He works in the med field .. neither are really sick, so they will quarantine together.  

I have a bad back and my sciatica decided to pinch ... its going down both legs and I can't stand up well.  I am using heating pad and trying to stretch my spine against a door frame ... Hopefully it will start getting better.  Needless to say I didn't exercise this week, but I am down 1.0# so I will take it.

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Jan

Wrote this a few hours ago and it never posted!!!

Jo, congrats on the loss. Curious.....do you have any idea why your bone scan is better? Like more weight bearing exercise, consuming more calcium products, etc?

Jan, great loss for you. And no exercise. That's really good. Sorry though that your sciatica acted up. Hopefully better soon.

Take care, Diana

5 hours ago, Izena said:

The lyrics of “send in the clowns”needs to be changed to sent out clowns.  

😅🤣😂

Jan & Belle, hoping you feel better soon

Diana, Jan, & Izena 👍 weight loss

I'm heading back down too 😁 Guess upping water & walking is doing it. Not back to where I want to be but getting closer

Jan, forgot to say...sorry your sister and her hubby got COVID. Glad they are not too sick.

A friend of mine told me the other day her brother-in-law has COVID. They live in Orlando, FL.  Her sister and their 2 kids tested negative so the hubby is sequestered in a separate part of the house and they are all quarantined for 2 weeks. The brother-in-law works at the airport and one of his co-workers tested positive. 

Ombud, glad the weight is going in the right direction. 

Diana

They changed the CC again. Funny how my 2nd post came out, only a few words on a line.

Least they didn't take my number of posts away.  One year changed CC and they took my

number of posts away. Should be more like Jan's numbers. Just read what I posted..sounds

like the clown talking about his numbers!:classic_laugh:

Thank you all for good wishes. Feels a little better today, did sleep better, just want it to go away.

Mel...You did good getting most of the gain off so fast. Rest will be off soon I bet. Yes nice that my son helped me. Almost cancelled him coming because of neck and shoulder, glad I didn't.

Izena...Like "sent out clowns" Great loss this week, doing good with the walking too.

Nice you had lunch with your son also. Nice to have a ski trip to look forward to. Nice job on

cleaning out the closet, something I should do.

Diana...Glad you lost the pound you wanted. Why is it so hard to lose but so easy to gain.

Are you enjoying your weather, think it's nice there and not to hot but going to get cooler.

Jo...Glad you had a loss and got good results on your bone tests. This not knowing about when cruising

is starting is a "bummer"! I hope you can make the Feb. My 1st one is on March. Have to just wait and see.

Jan...I'm so sorry your hurting and can barely walk. Hope you feel better soon. Why do we have so much trouble when we're "so young".:classic_laugh: Least you had a loss.  Sorry about your sister and her husband.

Glad that their not really sick and stays that way.

Ombud...I'm glad your losing weight. Upping your water and walking is really helping you. How

much did you increase on both? A lot or a little? Have you tried that dress on recently? Bet it's

loose now.

Me..I stayed the same. I think I ate to much yesterday with my son for lunch and then had dinner

later. If that is the reason maybe a loss Fri. or Sat. Will see. Least I didn't gain.

Everyone enjoy your Friday. Hey all of you that are missing..Come Back..We miss you!

Hi again,

DIana ~ I think the better results are from taking Vitamin D, calcium in the form of Tums & a pill I take once a month, on the same day each time.

Jan ~ yikes, sciatica on both sides, how painful!! I think I have it on my right side. It starts in my right butt cheek & goes right down to my toes, sometimes making them tingly. Right now it hurts around my knee. Glad to hear it's not permanent! Hope you feel better soon!

Have a nice evening. Sure don't like it starting to get dark so early! I missed a beautiful sunset the other night 'cause it happened so early!

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo, thanks for the info. Good to know. 

Belle, glad you're feeling better. I don't like the new CC look. It looks disorganized to me. Everything jumbled together......Yes, enjoying the weather. It has been gorgeous, around 82 this past week, 45 overnight. 

The chill is coming, supposed to be in the 30's overnight starting Saturday. The nearby mountains will be getting snow this weekend.

Diana

Hi Belle. Yes I can zip the dress 👗 in addition I can zip my jeans this morning. Without laying down ..... big BIG change 

Diana, I'm making more soup for dinner but no leftover veggies so I'll have to run to the store. Maybe biscuits to go with it. It was really cold at the dog park this morning.  Just 55°. Feels like winter.

Did anyone else's herb garden get decimated by this summer? I need to replant much of it or start using dried herbs

Off topic: I do everything on the phone but the type is so small now that I miss alot. Does anyone know how to increase the font without changing the size of the screen?? 

• Like 1

Ombud, wow, great going on the dress and jeans fitting. 

Tomorrow night and for several nights is supposed to be very cold so tomorrow night is soup night for us. We buy veggies in bags so we always have stuff around. 2 lb. bag of carrots, celery hearts, onions, bell peppers, squash. Also, that way people aren't touching it.

Our garden herbs did ok until it got too hot....and then too smokey. Everything withered away exept our oregano. 

Sorry, don't know how to increase the font size, but I agree it is smaller. 

Hubby and I booked a cruise today. It isn't until April 2022. A transatlantic. We booked a mini-suite. I would hope the world is in a healthier place COVID-wise by then.....

Take care all, Diana

• Like 2

I tell you...the days seem to go so slow but fast at the same time. Why?

Throw in the time change, dark so early and you think it's later than it is.

Then throw in the Virus, Election and all the things that keep changing with the cruises too.

Think we are lucky to be sane......or are we sane?:classic_laugh:

Ombud...Happy for you about the dress, that's what you were striving for and you made it.

Think the 3 of us of same mind. I made vegetable soup a few days ago.

Diana...Nice you booked a cruise and got a mini-suite. I want to cruise so bad.

Yes weather is changing, winter is coming.

Jo...Why is it we're having aches. pains and other things in here when we're all

"Spring Chicks"!:classic_rolleyes::classic_smile:

Everyone have a good weekend. Stay safe and warm.

• Like 1

I may have made my initial goal but now I wonder if I can get back to where I was 3 yrs ago. Lofty goal but it is possible (not probable)

Diana, a mini-suite!! Enjoy 

I'm so ready for 2020 to be over. We might go back to red (no indoor dining or religious services)

Belle (and others) we have a new President! Yippee. 

Ombud, our county is going backwards too. Interesting though.....our health officer says hospitalizations in our county are up 90% BUT none of the people are residents of our county. We're a stopover point to other places....Grrr.

Diana

• Like 1

Yes Diana....As the Mayor of Paris said...WELCOME BACK AMERICA!:classic_smile:

Ombud..2020  almost over..2 months..2021 should be better now.

(sorry the 2 months might bring more trouble from you know who..but will pass)

Know it will take awhile to take back the things Trump  gave away and ruined..we will get there.

Main thing is to get control of this Virus....have everyone where masks. The counts are to high

everywhere. More deaths. Didn't need to be and it doesn't need to be now!

• Like 3

Ombud, nice your dress was able to zip up. Keep it up, and you'll get to the new goal! Our herb garden died out in August I think. We were actually using one of those big self watering containers where you pour water into a pipe on the side of the container once a day and it all sits at the bottom until the plants need it. Our exterminator said it would harbor mosquitos, so we just let it go when the plants started to get stressed by the heat. West Nile has been a big deal in years past here in Dallas.

Diana, Your 2 # bags of veggies made me chuckle at something I saw yesterday. I made a Restaurant Depot (restaurant supply store) run yesterday for my sugar, chocolate, and vanilla. They usually only sell things by the case or in big restaurant size packages since you have to have a business tax id or dba to shop there and they aren't open to the public. However they started opening up to the public when the pandemic started and now you can get smaller packages of just a few produce items - a bag of 6 cucumbers or 3 big heads of romaine instead of a whole case of them. I got lots of salad stuff, but a lot of things are still by the case only. I stood there in the warehouse refrigerator trying to decide if our family could eat 10# of bell peppers, zucchini, or melon this week. I think maybe we need to rejoin Costco again to get better sizes. 😆

Belle, I know what you mean about time being slow/fast this week. It was a normal week for us, and I didn't even have any orders, but I have no idea where the time went. I think I was so absorbed in the election until yesterday that all my free time just slipped away.

Jan and Diana - I hope you family members are doing ok and symptoms are staying mild.

Jo - nice job on the bone density scan!

Izena - another great loss! 

• Like 1

Mel, it was a friend's family that has COVID. Fortunately no one in my family or hubby's family has (or had) it. Knock wood.

Funny on the veggies. Sometimes in summer our normal grocery stores have so much produce they'll sell something like a bag of cucumbers (around 8 or 10) for $1. But then hubby and I usually pass on that because for 2 people most of it would go bad. Best to leave that for people with big families. 

Today we're booking the cruise after the Transatlantic in 2022 so will have a 26 day trip. Hubby is so happy to have that to look forward to. Me too, but I am in the cautiously optimistic camp...even in 2022!

Tonight we have a freeze warning. Brrrr. 

Have nice day everyone, Diana

• Like 1

Afternoon All

Hope everyone is feeling better with cooler weather and the aches  and pains.

Just learned a friend of mine her daughter and sil have the virus, he's in the hospital.

They live in Texas, don't think they wear masks there.

Happy Biden won but was worried about all the people celebrating together but at least Biden people

were wearing masks.  Trump's people weren't.

Mel and Diana....

Nice we're all eating more veggies. Trouble with them and fruit prices have gone really up

What I do each week buy the vegetable that is on sale if like it. This week it's asparagus.

Last week cucumbers and tomato's. What's funny is the sale price is still much higher then

we use to pay but we think it's a sale.:classic_laugh:

Diana glad you have a long cruise to look forward to. I have many for next year but will they sail?

Sure yours will 2022.

Going away with son a few days again tomorrow, coming back on Thursday. So will someone

please start the post for Thursdays weigh-on. Thank you.

Take care and stay safe.