New Look Cruise Critic ?

On 11/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, Charles4515 said:

The Invision forum software does not support post numbers. The software developers decided they are not needed. I kid you not. So you are thinking there were post numbers. To have post numbers on IPB boards requires a software plug in that is coded by an independent developer. There was such a plug in. CC must have been using it. The new version of Inivision that CC updated to broke that plug in.  Enough people want post numbers that likely there will be an updated plug in or a new plug in that enables post numbers. CC will have to wait until such is available.

It could be that the Forums App which relies on a plug in also stopped working because of the recent update to the latest version of Invision. That is mere speculation on my part. The post numbers plug not being compatible  I read about. 

Sometimes it is better to wait before upgrading to new versions as they break stuff. That said CC might have been good reasons for CC having gone ahead with updating.Security patches or whatever.

Thank you for explaining the situation.  Very helpful although disappointing.

18 hours ago, flossie009 said:

So post numbers will not be returning to the CC Forums any time soon?

A disappointing "upgrade" 🤨

We are working with the developers to get post numbers on the site, but I do not have an ETA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is there a definitive fix on the missing icons?  They're still missing for me on both Edge and Chrome on Windows 10.  The icons are there on my iPhone using Safari.

Clearing cc cached files and images seems to work most of the time. But not always.

7 minutes ago, broberts said:

Clearing cc cached files and images seems to work most of the time. But not always.

Thanks.  I've tried clearing the cache before with no success but may have just figured it out for Edge (haven't tried Chrome).  When choosing what to clear in Edge, I had previously only cleared Cached images and files.  I just tried again and saw another item to clear if you scroll down further...Hosted app data.  That seemed to work.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 11/8/2020 at 7:42 PM, getting older slowly said:

I also noticed the post number. missing.... 

Note that POST NUMBERS are back!

Laura

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 12/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks.  I've tried clearing the cache before with no success but may have just figured it out for Edge (haven't tried Chrome).  When choosing what to clear in Edge, I had previously only cleared Cached images and files.  I just tried again and saw another item to clear if you scroll down further...Hosted app data.  That seemed to work.

Stick with Chrome Incognito 👌 

On 12/4/2020 at 9:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

I saw that, thanks.

Any plans to reinstate the contributors list on a thread?

Probably not the way you saw when we launched the upgrade - however we are looking in to ways to show who has posted on a thread (like we had on our previous platform)   If/when this gets added on we will post - or likely you will notice before I have a chance to post 🙂  Happy Monday

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 7:57 AM, Host Hattie said:

Still no icons here

Hi @Host Hattie  Let me know if the icons are back.  Full disclosure:  you may have to clear cached images to get a true picture on if they are working or not now.  It was worked on and corrected this morning.  It was an issue mostly with our .uk and .au sites 

Thank you

Jenn

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Good to see the post numbers back and the icons restored, but now I am getting   “Error code: 2S136/J“  when trying to go to the next unread page in a topic.

Haven’t had that issue for a while

However, I too am now getting this error periodically. However, I get it not when going to next unread page, but going to next unread topic. This used to be a problem when a thread had been moved; the software thought that there was an unread thread, but it was actually in another forum. This was solved by marking the forum as read. However, now even going back doesn't solve the problem. (By the way, is there a possibility of marking a forum as read on the iPhone? I haven't found one.)

8 hours ago, gnome12 said:

(By the way, is there a possibility of marking a forum as read on the iPhone? I haven't found one.)

There is a link to mark a forum as read on the iPhone. If you are holding the iPhone vertically, scroll down to the last thread listing on the first forum index page to find the link. If you rotate the iPhone 90°, the link will appear in the usual spot.

Dave

• Thanks 1