Still awaiting refund 207 days after cancellation

Tramroads

Our MSC cruise aboard the Musica sailing 10th May was booked through cruise.co.uk and cancelled by MSC on 14th April. We were told we could request a refund after 31st July. This we did and were told we would get our refund in September. As of today no refund received and every communication/ telephone conversation with cruise.co.uk gives the same response they will give us our refund when they receive it from MSC. 207 days and counting is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. Has anyone  received their refund for this cruise?

I booked through my TA. We were on a 3 way call with MSC in the US. Promised within 2 weeks. Never showed up. So I did the CC Dispute and got my money from CC credit to my card immediately. Then  had to wait on MSC to respond to my CC. 

Did you pay via credit card? If yes, file a dispute and depending on your CC, they may immediately credit the amount to your CC. Then the CC will give MSC 60 days to respond. My CC is Citi Visa. Worked for me.

Good Luck!

With some CC you must file a dispute within x number of days from payment.

•  

Still awaiting refund after 248(!) days..

We were booked on a Repo-Cruise embarking on 03-21-2020 from Dubai to Yokohama, booked directly with MSC Cruises USA.

We cancelled the reservation on 03-05-2020 after receiving a eMail from MSC with the option to cancel with full refund. MSC refunded 25% of the total cost of the cruise but withheld over $9,500 !!

To make a long story short.. we are still waiting for the refund.

Here are some of the “standard” answers we got when calling MSC USA :

- Amount was withheld due to software error.

- Refund needs to be approved by Management.

- Manager is on vacation.

- Manager has soooo much work to do.

Finally the refund got approved in June but still no money in sight.

Answers got more creative :

- Refund is scheduled for 08-10-2020.

- Financial department doesn’t work on weekends.

- Financial department has thousands of cancellations to process.

- We will write a check today.

- The check is in the mail (literally).

Needless to say that we have not received the refund as per today , 248 days after cancelling the cruise.

Due to the delay caused by MSC USA we missed the 120 day period for CC dispute.

Chase Sapphire didn’t accept our claim.

We are beyond being disappointed and looking into legal action against MSC Cruises USA.

We learnt not to trust MSC a long time back.  We registered a Section 75 dispute with our CC provider and received a Full Refund from VISA last month. MSC still have not paid up, CC company advised me to contact them if they ever issue a refund.

MSC are a disgrace and untrustworthy. 

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Anyone who canceled a few weeks ago or last month who was on deposit, have you seen a refund yet? I canceled two on 398$ deposits each and havent seen the refunds yet. 

In April I canceled a cruise booked next October ...  still no refund of the deposit 6+ months later.   Good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY !!!

We received the balance (over $9,500) of refund after 244 days, that’s almost 8 months after scheduled embarking date of cruise cancelled by MSC. We booked via MSC website and contacted MSC customer service countless times. It was frustrating and leaves a “bad taste” remembering how MSC Management treated customer. This said we still believe that MSC offers good cruising experience (new ships, YC service & price) and as loyal Yacht Club passengers we will continue sailing with MSC in 2021.

Edited by SirWolf
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, SirWolf said:

FINALLY !!!

We received the balance (over $9,500) of refund after 244 days, that’s almost 8 months after scheduled embarking date of cruise cancelled by MSC. We booked via MSC website and contacted MSC customer service countless times. It was frustrating and leaves a “bad taste” remembering how MSC Management treated customer. This said we still believe that MSC offers good cruising experience (new ships, YC service & price) and as loyal Yacht Club passengers we will continue sailing with MSC in 2021.

MSC Shoreside Reservations, Cust Serv, and Accounting is like an entirely different company than the outstanding on board experience. I’ve been put through so much by shoreside operations, but as you said I continue to get beat up because of the exceptional on board experience. 

• Like 2