All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

7 minutes ago, Orator said:

Many of the posters have claimed that the new price structure would price them out of Celebrity. What I would suggest is that Celebrity develop a two tier pricing structure for non suites. On would give passengers an opportunity to purchase a AI cruise at a very good price; the other would be a cruise only option with addons available. Passengers feeling that they have a choice will increase business.

I agree totally and I think I already said something similar to this already.  Maybe you should be running Celebrity, Orator!

3 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I agree totally and I think I already said something similar to this already.  Maybe you should be running Celebrity, Orator!

Celebrity must be doing something right--its stock is over $80 today.  There is no Price Earnings Ratio because there are no earnings.  And there probably won't be any earnings for another six months.  Talk about vaccine exuberance!  

1 minute ago, basenji56 said:

Celebrity must be doing something right--its stock is over $80 today.  There is no Price Earnings Ratio because there are no earnings.  And there probably won't be any earnings for another six months.  Talk about vaccine exuberance!  

Bookings are apparently through the roof.  Going to be interesting to see who they have to say, sorry no cruise for you, we can only sail at x% capacity.

7 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Market today is soaring because of possible vaccinations available soon and the market reaction to Yellen as potential Treasury Secretary. Almost the entire market is up. Bookings might be based on people using FCC from cancelled cruises. I would be interested in what percentage of future bookings are new.

Just now, davekathy said:

Tes they did. Remember back in the early 90's when Celebritys tag line was, "let us exceed your expectations".(?) 

I don't think I had 'expectations' then....working and just happy to get out of Dodge...now, I look around a little more...cabin, dining (remember the nice butter pats?), excursions, etc. Then it was pool deck, shows, games, evening clothes...

I dont believe in those all inclusive deals on board the cruisers. Last time I really had a chance to experience a true All inclusive was in Turkey in Kremlin Palace hotel. I have never seen so much food which was available 24\7 - Turkey - this is where all all inclusive is 

Please forgive what might appear to some immodesty. I've been with Celebrity since 1999 and have taken more than 100 cruises with them. I've been on these boards for many, many years and have followed the Celebrity threads. I don't object to AI as a rule and have taken cruises with lines such as Crystal which is AI. Knowing the Celebrity passengers as I do I just think that the AI approach is not a winning strategy for their core customer. As I said previously, it might work for those in suites, but not the non suite passenger. Desperate times may result in desperate measures and the cruise industry is in desperate times. I really hope that Celebrity rethinks their future plans and they return stronger than ever!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Be careful when you point your finger at others (some of your past posts concerning those that over eat. Remember those, I do.) and then you post you own personal experiences. Own it! 🤣

Good memory ---

Actually, I do remember participating in a thread about '' Slobs at the Buffet " ---how they shove in line, pile up their plate, pick at the buffet with their fingers, plus other " classy moves ".  Nothing about overeating. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Orator said:

Market today is soaring because of possible vaccinations available soon and the market reaction to Yellen as potential Treasury Secretary. Almost the entire market is up. Bookings might be based on people using FCC from cancelled cruises. I would be interested in what percentage of future bookings are new.

New booking I would assume ZERO .

13 minutes ago, Orator said:

Please forgive what might appear to some immodesty. I've been with Celebrity since 1999 and have taken more than 100 cruises with them. I've been on these boards for many, many years and have followed the Celebrity threads. I don't object to AI as a rule and have taken cruises with lines such as Crystal which is AI. Knowing the Celebrity passengers as I do I just think that the AI approach is not a winning strategy for their core customer. As I said previously, it might work for those in suites, but not the non suite passenger. Desperate times may result in desperate measures and the cruise industry is in desperate times. I really hope that Celebrity rethinks their future plans and they return stronger than ever!

Perhaps X will be able to adjust their plans sometime in the future. But for now they are in the same boat as all the cruise lines, trying to adapt, adjust, and find ways to increase their revenue stream after having lost billions of dollars. Many ships across all lines will be scrapped or sold, there will be restructuring, etc..

Times are tough for everyone. I'm willing to go with the flow and anything that helps X stay afloat and get back out to sea.

Better times are hopefully ahead with some sort of return to normalcy.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Perhaps X will be able to adjust their plans sometime in the future. But for now they are in the same boat as all the cruise lines, trying to adapt, adjust, and find ways to increase their revenue stream after having lost billions of dollars. Many ships across all lines will be scrapped or sold, there will be restructuring, etc..

Times are tough for everyone. I'm willing to go with the flow and anything that helps X stay afloat and get back out to sea.

Better times are hopefully ahead.

But what is the best way for Celebrity to insure that better times will be ahead? I think that Celebrity should hear reasoned reaction to their plans so that they may reevaluate if convinced that they are making a mistake. Hearing opinions contrary to yours can be helpful in making a decision. I have offered an opinion with some options and up to Celebrity to discuss it or not. React to it or not. I firmly believe that going "with the flow" when you disagree with the direction of the flow is a disservice. I know that you want Celebrity to be successful as much as I do.

• Like 2