All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

2 hours ago, suenneil said:

according to the website this doesnt apply to the UK or not yet, again we are discriminated against.  Need a good US agent.

But UK agents are also invited to join another webinar (which is arranged for the European time zone)
https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/8139815833154061325

Let's see if there's any difference for the pricing structure in UK or Europe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suenneil said:

according to the website this doesnt apply to the UK or not yet, again we are discriminated against.  Need a good US agent.

Judging from past discussions here if there's any area that needs the grats rolled in to the price upfront and non removable it would be the UK. I'm sure it'll be that way there also. 

I see from one of the posts it says ‘ all guests should have the same package’ which I take to mean both people in a cabin, which is a change from their present stance in that couples do not have to have the same perks (eg alcohol package).

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Judging from past discussions here if there's any area that needs the grats rolled in to the price upfront and non removable it would be the UK. I'm sure it'll be that way there also. 

Please don’t make this a gratuity thread or judge all from the UK in the same vein 

Liz

• Like 4

Just now, emmas gran said:

Please don’t make this a gratuity thread or judge all from the UK in the same vein 

Liz

I"m not trying to, nor do I judge all from that area that way. BUT, I've been around here a long time and read a lot of gratuity threads. Just stating an observation of past discussions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

More info was released and it is not targeted only at suite passenger. However there are apparently two different versions at two price points ($30 and $60pp/pd) and still NRD and refundable options. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 9.36.24 AM.png

I'm curious how those shore excursions levels break down. Is that by cabin type I assume? Let's say the $150 would be for a balcony cabin. On a 10 day cruise you would pay $300 extra for the elevate. Looks like you paid about $15 a day for the upgrade from Classic to Premium. Slightly more than now, but not bad. Depends on how much the upfront increase in fares will be. 

I will be waiting to see how current bookings are handled.  I currently have an Edge cruise booked for next November.  Firstly, I am hoping it can sail as planned on a ten day itinerary.  We already have four perks included - classic bev, wi-fi-, gratuities, OBC.  We like to upgrade on board to the premium bev. package using our OBC.  I assume there will remain an option to do this at a close to current pricing - i.e. not $30 per day ..... since we already have wi-fi and OBC. 

27 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm curious how those shore excursions levels break down. Is that by cabin type I assume? Let's say the $150 would be for a balcony cabin. On a 10 day cruise you would pay $300 extra for the elevate. Looks like you paid about $15 a day for the upgrade from Classic to Premium. Slightly more than now, but not bad. Depends on how much the upfront increase in fares will be. 

I assumed the $100/$150/$200 was inside/balcony/aqua+ or inside/all balconies/suite...something to that effect. I didn't read the FAQ closely so that is just a guess. 

Given the current state of travel, I think base prices from here on out are just a wild guess. They could be super high to offset massive debt or they could tank due to very low demand. I would lean towards the latter, but who knows at this point. If base prices remain stable, I don't think this all approach is all that bad. 

9 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

So there are multiple categories of Always Included.  It seems just like a renamed version of "free perks".  And probably more expensive.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So there are multiple categories of Always Included.  It seems just like a renamed version of "free perks".  And probably more expensive.

Undoubtedly more expensive. And with the elevated prices that we are already seeing for the next year or so, it will be difficult to pinpoint how much more we are paying for these "free perks".

The website cruiseradio.net has an article whereby X just announced their All Inclusive plan.

Argo. Has a thread that this was coming. Many posters felt it was just another rumor. Guess it is now true.

Looking forward to see how this affects Elite happy hour and the wifi benefits we had under that tier. 

Starts Nov 17, now which cruises is that on? 

Hey Celebrity, here's a novel idea for you, get a product that you know that can be delivered then I'm a buyer, until then you're just making marketing noise. 

You would think their biggest concern at this time would be to get back to cruising, not create extra confusion and angst with their customers. It is pretty obvious that there is a certain type of cruiser that they would be okay with pushing away. If you start a post with " I'm not going to pay for others..............fill in the blank, then you're the one. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Starts Nov 17, now which cruises is that on? 

Hey Celebrity, here's a novel idea for you, get a product that you know that can be delivered then I'm a buyer, until then you're just making marketing noise. 

You would think their biggest concern at this time would be to get back to cruising, not create extra confusion and angst with their customers. It is pretty obvious that there is a certain type of cruiser that they would be okay with pushing away. If you start a post with " I'm not going to pay for others..............fill in the blank, then you're the one. 

Resident and Senior rates are also being eliminated. There is another piece that specifically focuses on Gen X passengers and their wants/needs.

From a finance and operations perspective, this simplifies pricing and promos quite a bit. Not a bad move on their part, IMO. With no cruises and crushing debt, changes like these really come as no surprise. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Resident and Senior rates are also being eliminated. Their is another piece that specifically focuses on Gen X passengers and their wants/needs.

From a finance and operations perspective, this simplifies pricing and promos quite a bit. Not a bad move on their part, IMO. With no cruises and crushing debt, changes like these really come as no surprise. 

Probably means bookings after that date, not cruises.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Here's another link to Seatrade Cruise News about the program.  I'm also curious about the Captains Club enhancements mentioned at the end of the article.  Curious also about the $200 PP charge for shore excursions, especially since when cruising starts you may not be able to leave the ship unless you're on a Celebrity sponsored tour. 

I don't think you pay $200 for shore excursions, you get up to $200 in shore excursions for your $30 a day charge that also upgrades you to the Premium package. 

I somehow doubt they make anything better in the Captain's Club, but I'm sure they'll tell us they are.