All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I assumed the $100/$150/$200 was inside/balcony/aqua+ or inside/all balconies/suite...something to that effect. I didn't read the FAQ closely so that is just a guess. 

Given the current state of travel, I think base prices from here on out are just a wild guess. They could be super high to offset massive debt or they could tank due to very low demand. I would lean towards the latter, but who knows at this point. If base prices remain stable, I don't think this all approach is all that bad. 

Actually it's length of cruise regardless of room level. 

This FAQ's has all questions answered

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Always_Inlcuded_FAQs.pdf

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, ORV said:

Starts Nov 17, now which cruises is that on? 

Hey Celebrity, here's a novel idea for you, get a product that you know that can be delivered then I'm a buyer, until then you're just making marketing noise. 

You would think their biggest concern at this time would be to get back to cruising, not create extra confusion and angst with their customers. It is pretty obvious that there is a certain type of cruiser that they would be okay with pushing away. If you start a post with " I'm not going to pay for others..............fill in the blank, then you're the one. 

Their biggest concern is for sure getting back to cruising.  Coupled with the millions and millions of dollars they have lost thus far, this new approach is a very sound business strategy.  Dedicated cruisers (for the most part) will suck it up and pay up.  Just like our grocery products now cost a lot more due to pandemic, the same will be especially true of non-essential luxuries such as a cruise.  I'm still on-board with it.

3 hours ago, gone2c said:

How are solo cruisers going to be handled.  If I am forced to pay for packages that I can't use, I am afraid Celebrity will be off my cruise list.

I feel the same way.  As it is, I'm paying a straight double fare, even though I'm not eating for two or using double the ship's resources.  If I have to pay for a second drink package, wifi and tips, Celebrity will be off my list too 😢 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, croozer said:

I feel the same way.  As it is, I'm paying a straight double fare, even though I'm not eating for two or using double the ship's resources.  If I have to pay for a second drink package, wifi and tips, Celebrity will be off my list too 😢 

According to the FAQ, single passengers won't get a refund for the drink or wifi packages.

Bye,  Sorry we'll never meet.

• Like 1

According to the website Always Included will be the new standard rate as of November 17,  which includes unlimited drinks, unlimited WiFi  and gratuities. They also said the loyalty program has been re-invented. I have to look that one up.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Resident and Senior rates are also being eliminated. There is another piece that specifically focuses on Gen X passengers and their wants/needs.

From a finance and operations perspective, this simplifies pricing and promos quite a bit. Not a bad move on their part, IMO. With no cruises and crushing debt, changes like these really come as no surprise. 

we all know why and to whom the Edge class was designed to appeal too, was not me as a 60yo, though they did get me, I do love the Edge and no doubt will be the same on Apex.

According to the FAQ:

Q. #5: Is Always Included applicable to existing bookings made prior to November 17, 2020?

A: Yes, both new and existing bookings are eligible to participate at prevailing rates.

Am I interpreting this correctly, that you would need to rebook/refare in order to get the 3 AI basic perks? For someone who booked a cruise a year or two ago and L&S'd it to next year or early 2022, they'd best be very careful as the cost of refaring might be many times the cost of the perks.

Question: once AI comes into effect, will those who booked under the previous conditions still be able to purchase individual perks? For example, we have a booking that included gratuities and beverage package. If we were to decide to buy a wifi package after November 17, would we be able to or would we be obliged to go with the AI package? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I don't think you pay $200 for shore excursions, you get up to $200 in shore excursions for your $30 a day charge that also upgrades you to the Premium package. 

I somehow doubt they make anything better in the Captain's Club, but I'm sure they'll tell us they are. 

Be nice if they would put in that level between Zenith and E plus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

According to the FAQ:

Q. #5: Is Always Included applicable to existing bookings made prior to November 17, 2020?

A: Yes, both new and existing bookings are eligible to participate at prevailing rates.

Am I interpreting this correctly, that you would need to rebook/refare in order to get the 3 AI basic perks? For someone who booked a cruise a year or two ago and L&S'd it to next year or early 2022, they'd best be very careful as the cost of refaring might be many times the cost of the perks.

Question: once AI comes into effect, will those who booked under the previous conditions still be able to purchase individual perks? For example, we have a booking that included gratuities and beverage package. If we were to decide to buy a wifi package after November 17, would we be able to or would we be obliged to go with the AI package? 

Should be able to buy a WI-FI package if on the old program.  

I await the details but since my DW and I only have a glass or two of wine in the evening and don't drink soda pop which the Elite Happy Hour more than met our needs, have no use for WIFI on board (part of the reason to cruise) and prefer private shore excursions - Seems we likely will be moving on.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

According to the FAQ:

You can keep your current perks as is or after Nov 17th rebook at the prevailing rate to get the "Always Included" perks.

You can still L&S until next week's deadline and keep current perks. L&S expires next week. 

Individual perks and upgrade from classic to premium beverage package still in cruise planner.

They didn't mention anything on the impact to Captain's Club benefits, such as if there will continue to be a discount to purchase an internet package. 😒

This AI program seems like an attempt to breath new life into their ship within a ship concept.  No mention about the rest of us on the outside of the ship within a ship.  ☹️ 

Somehow they think this defines a new category, New Luxury and they are alone in that category.  😅

There's nothing new in this for the non-suite guests except fewer choices.

13 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Individual perks and upgrade from classic to premium beverage package still in cruise planner.

Thanks, that's good news.

14 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Seems like a program called Simply Sail is replacing Exciting Deals for last minute bookings. I may be mistaken but it looks like Simply Sail may be the only avenue to book a sail only rate. 

Too bad that the Simply Sail program will be limited to last minute bookings. Many don't want/need the offered ranges of AI perks, but do like to book early for a choice of cabins.

As a general comment, based on what has been posted to date on this move to AI, it seems that Celebrity may have missed the mark, just as they did with Goop. I'm sure some will be happy, but I suspect that they will be in the minority. 

The new "Always Included" (AI) program, summarized:

-Replaces "Sail Your Way" from November 17, 2020, on all future sailings, excluding Galapagos.

-Applicable for both Non-Refundable and Refundable fares.

-ALL guests in ALL staterooms on ALL ships get Classic Beverage Package and prepaid gratuities, and the FIRST TWO guests in the stateroom also get the Surf internet package. Guests can buy additional internet package logins via Cruise Planner or onboard the ship.

-Upgrade to "Elevate" at 30$pppd gives Premium Beverage Package and OBC, varying by cruise length from 100$pp to 200$pp.

-Upgrade to "Indulge" at 60$pppd givesPremium Beverage Package, Stream internet package and OBC, varying by cruise length from 200$pp to 400$pp.

-Upgrade packages MUST be purchased for all guests in the stateroom.

-Upgrade from Classic to Premium Beverage Package outside of the upgrade packages can be done in Cruise Planner at 11$pppd, including gratuities, but only after final payment. Current rate is 12$pppd (10$ + 20% gratuites).

-Existing bookings can be repriced to the AI program, but at prevailing rates.

-Retreat guests automatically receive the "Indulge" upgrade included in the fare price.

-"Simply Sail" replaces "Exciting Deals", and are cruise-only fares. Only bookable from 90 days from departure, and includes no perks.

Here are all the files/sites I have been able to find directly from Celebrity on the new program:

Press release: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Announces_Always_Included_PR.pdf

FAQ (linked in the thread already): http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Always_Inlcuded_FAQs.pdf

General info flyer: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Always_Included_Pricing_Strategy_Flyer.pdf

Revised beverage packages (Premium Plus removed): http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_ALWAYS_INCLUDED_BEVERAGE_PACKAGE_FLYER.pdf

"New Luxury" main site: http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/New_Luxury.html

"New Luxury" flyer: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/10_15_TRADE_SP_NEWLuxury_eBrochure.pdf

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've clicked on the various links and read the FAQs, but have not seen this addressed: currently, if I have a Classic BP and want a non-included drink, I only have to pay the difference + 18%. Will this stay the same? My apologies if I just missed it. 

I believe that on Princess, If you have the classic package, but want a premium beverage, you have to pay full price. 

I hope that this is not changing on X. I don't think we would drink enough premium beverages to justify the upgrade cost. We do like better wines with dinner, but don't drink much overall.

Regarding the marketing target issue: Hubby is among the very youngest Baby Boomers, and I am on the older side of Gen-X. Niether one of us is excited about paying for others to drink far more than we'd ever dream of doing, We are happy that people won't be stiffing the staff of their tips. We are glad that those who need to have high speed internet will pay for it separately, and those who don't need it don't have to subsidize it. 

2 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

So does this mean, no more tipping threads, only one more step to officially make them part of the fare. 

HAHAHA. Of course not. If Americans don't See the tips separated out or directly out of their hands, they go crazy with wondering whether to tip or not? Many will assume Celebrity will keep all tips and feel obliged to tip separately. So expect many threads about that!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I've clicked on the various links and read the FAQs, but have not seen this addressed: currently, if I have a Classic BP and want a non-included drink, I only have to pay the difference + 18%. Will this stay the same? My apologies if I just missed it. 

In today's webinar they stated that this would not change - you will still be able to buy a drink outside your package and just pay the difference.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cruznjan said:

According to the website Always Included will be the new standard rate as of November 17,  which includes unlimited drinks, unlimited WiFi  and gratuities. They also said the loyalty program has been re-invented. I have to look that one up.

unlimited basic wifi, not the streaming wifi.

so it looks like people cant hog up the bandwidth with netflix/youtube videos.

am also curious as to the new capt's club benefits.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Thanks, that's good news.

Too bad that the Simply Sail program will be limited to last minute bookings. Many don't want/need the offered ranges of AI perks, but do like to book early for a choice of cabins.

Reading the FAQ it also states that the “Simply Sail” fare will be for “select” itineraries and categories on “select” sailings. So no ability to count on a particular sailing or room type to be offered as room only even within 90 days of sailing. Very possible they could restrict this to meta category guarantees only (inside, ocean view, Verandah, Concierge, Aqua, etc - similar to NCL’s Sailaway fares) but disallow booking a specific room # or category letter/#. Also some sailings may only offer 1 or 2 rooms types at the Simply Sail rate. 

They basically intend to weed out those who don’t want all inclusive / bundled pricing or who want deep discounts.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72