All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

6 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I will be waiting to see how current bookings are handled.  I currently have an Edge cruise booked for next November.  Firstly, I am hoping it can sail as planned on a ten day itinerary.  We already have four perks included - classic bev, wi-fi-, gratuities, OBC.  We like to upgrade on board to the premium bev. package using our OBC.  I assume there will remain an option to do this at a close to current pricing - i.e. not $30 per day ..... since we already have wi-fi and OBC. 

Seems like the new program is for new bookings only after November 17th, 2020.

11 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Reading the FAQ it also states that the “Simply Sail” fare will be for “select” itineraries and categories on “select” sailings...

I missed the "select" qualifier. :classic_sad: It's worse than I thought. Sigh...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

I finally make it to Elite Plus and now Captain's Club benefits are going to change before I even get to sail at the new status.  What do you think they're going to do?

I guess we now know why Celebrity was giving away Power Up Points.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kathynorth said:

I guess we now know why Celebrity was giving away Power Up Points.

No kidding.  Perhaps they will give Elite plus the premium beverage upgrade and the streaming upgrade and some free laundry. I would be  happy with that as I can't think of anything else I would really want anyway.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I missed the "select" qualifier. :classic_sad: It's worse than I thought. Sigh...

Here’s the exact language in the FAQ: 

Q. #27: What is Simply Sail? When is it available?
A: Simply Sail will offer a cruise-only rate for select sailings within 90 days of departure. Simply Sail will replace Exciting Deals with a new creative look and feel but maintain the same offering parameters.

“Exciting Deals” usually came out every Tuesday with a limited range of sailings and Categories available each week for a limited booking window. Sounds as if the “Simply Sail” program is intended to operate in the same manner.  Essentially they want the fewest # of guests possible to be sailing at a room only rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xcelsior said:

No kidding.  Perhaps they will give Elite plus the premium beverage upgrade and the streaming upgrade and some free laundry. I would be  happy with that as I can't think of anything else I would really want anyway.

OK, so that would be super nice, but I won't hold my breath. I think it's more likely to be something like an extra $200 off a veranda stateroom. Possibly an on ship function like the embarkation lunch like they did for concierge rooms. Changed perks are likely to be something that doesn't cost the cruiseline any money.

1 minute ago, kathynorth said:

OK, so that would be super nice, but I won't hold my breath. I think it's more likely to be something like an extra $200 off a veranda stateroom. Possibly an on ship function like the embarkation lunch like they did for concierge rooms. Changed perks are likely to be something that doesn't cost the cruiseline any money.

Right.  But if they already give us some laundry perks, discounts on drink packages and Internet packages, and free specialty coffee......so you would think they would have to keep some of that stuff.

54 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

I finally make it to Elite Plus and now Captain's Club benefits are going to change before I even get to sail at the new status.  What do you think they're going to do?

With free wi-fi, some of the Elite and E plus benefits now become irrelevant 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

OK, I've no quibble with that, but I don't see how that has anything to do with Celebrity, with or without AI.

It is exactly my point, it has everything to do with Celebrity for me

31 minutes ago, AuntMom said:

Seems like the new program is for new bookings only after November 17th, 2020.

It was emphasized that current bookings stay as they are, but you can rebook into the AI program at the prevailing rate on the date you rebook. This is likely going to be a higher rate. 

Another aspect that confused me is that you can upgrade from Always Included to Elevate for +$30 and to Indulge for +$30 more. However, if you book a cabin at the Always Included rate and then decide to upgrade to Elevate or Indulge at a later date then you do so by rebooking at the prevailing rate of the rebook day. This seems great if you have a price drop, but not so great if prices increase over time.

• Like 1

I can't believe they are going to charge singles for two upgrade packages.  That is something that could easily be fixed.  I guess they don't want us on board.  Actually, we're saving them money by not eating the food that another passenger in the cabin would eat.  And we're already paying double for the always included package.

And yes, I can see why they gave points away.  The loyalty program has suddenly become worthless.  Well, I had a good run with Celebrity, but I suspect I will be looking elsewhere much more often.  If cruising ever becomes "normal" again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orator said:

I started cruising with Celebrity in 1999. Several years ago there was a thread asking what it would take to have you leave Celebrity. I now have my answer. 

We will have to see what changes (if any) they make to the Zenith program to compensate for all the perks that everyone now gets !!! Will also see if Zeniths are kicked out of Michael's Club / The Retreat as rumored.

16 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

We will have to see what changes (if any) they make to the Zenith program to compensate for all the perks that everyone now gets !!! Will also see if Zeniths are kicked out of Michael's Club / The Retreat as rumored.

Under the current program, are Zenith members given access to The Retreat even if not in a retreat level cabin?

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes

Well of course I don't know what they will do, I will though hazard to guess that they will NOT change this.  I will never reach Zenith, though I do stay in retreat, however, Zenith means you have sailed like a bazillion cruises (LOL) anyway, in all seriousness, I can't imagine they will take this away from that level of loyalty to Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

With free wi-fi, some of the Elite and E plus benefits now become irrelevant 

yeah. wonder what perk celebrity is going to replace our 'free xxx min' internet with.

what perk is left that hasnt been already given out?

maybe something from Suite perks?

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

Also free drinks including specialty coffees. Free al Bacio was an important perk for us when we bumped up to elite+.  

wait what?

the all inclusive classic drink package includes specialty coffee al Bacio?!

first they neuter our free internet perk and now the free coffee perk. 

a big F U to loyalty, Celebrity?!

also, i can see al Bacio being swamped with long lines from open to close.

those poor workers...

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

wait what?

the all inclusive classic drink package includes specialty coffee al Bacio?!

first they neuter our free internet perk and now the free coffee perk. 

a big F U to loyalty, Celebrity?!

also, i can see al Bacio being swamped with long lines from open to close.

those poor workers...

Get a suite with a butler, he/she will bring it to your suite.

3 hours ago, tiger-91 said:

HAHAHA. Of course not. If Americans don't See the tips separated out or directly out of their hands, they go crazy with wondering whether to tip or not? Many will assume Celebrity will keep all tips and feel obliged to tip separately. So expect many threads about that!

If tips are mandatory (which I am ok with) I have always paid them in advance, and tip additional as I feel warranted, it means we won't see any additional tip added to a drink that may exceed a specific drink package price.  That said I really enjoy the gratuity threads....so so so many opinions.