Future Cruise Credits

hpytrvlr1

Yes, this seems to be pretty standard.  The taxes and fees for the May cruise that was canceled earlier this year was credited back to the original form of payment ... took about 30-40 days.  We’re now waiting for the taxes and fees for our canceled November cruise to show up.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, hpytrvlr1 said:

I am saying that I didn't get 125% of what I paid as a future cruise credit.  About $300 was deducted from the total payment for I'm not entirely sure what...some fees of some sort

The FCC is 125% of the cruise fare with port charges/taxes refunded to CC.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The FCC is 125% of the cruise fare with port charges/taxes refunded to CC.

........and the FCC can be used only for cruise fare and certain other charges e.g. It can not be used for shorex or OBC.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dj_crusin said:

........and the FCC can be used only for cruise fare and certain other charges e.g. It can not be used for shorex or OBC.

Well- not quite that simple. 

What the FCC can be used for can depend on when it was issued.

Here's the O Policy if your FCC was issued under the Travelers Assurance Program:

What can a Future Cruise Credit be applied to on a booking?

All Future Cruise Credits can be applied to the cruise fare portion of a new booking, including government fees and taxes.

Additionally, specific to the 100% Future Cruise Credits issued under Oceania Cruises’ Travelers Assurance Program and the COVID-19 related pause of vessel operations, the following ancillary items may also apply:

• Pre-booked pre/post-cruise land and hotel packages

• Pre-booked group and private ground transfers

• Pre-booked shore excursions and shore excursion packages

• Pre-booked culinary classes

• Air add-ons and custom air fees

Also of current importance is what happens to FCCs you apply to a future cruise that also is cancelled by Oceania. The current policy is to redeposit them in your O Club account with a "book by" date of one year out from that cruise's cancellation date. However, the "cruise by" date remains whatever was the original "cruise by" deadline. 

Of course, Oceania remains flexible in that they will consider on a case by case basis a reasonable extension of the cruise by date if you intend to reapply those FCC to a specific cruise beyond the original "cruise by" date.

BTW, if you now also take a new FCC for any cash you had in the O cancelled cruise, it will have the same one year out "book by" date but a current "cruise by" date of 12/31/22.

So, bottom line: As you decide what do do about refunds and/or FCCs, make sure you fully understand (and triple check with calls to both your TA and O) exactly what are the T&Cs in YOUR specific situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hpytrvlr1 said:

I am saying that I didn't get 125% of what I paid as a future cruise credit.  About $300 was deducted from the total payment for I'm not entirely sure what...some fees of some sort

The confusion, I believe, stems from the fact that on the guest invoice, Oceania does not break out the taxes and fees from the actual cruise fare.

Ask your travel agent for the amount of the taxes and fees and then you can do the math to see that you will eventually be made whole with cash back to your original form of payment for taxes and fees + 100% of the cruise fare as FCC + the extra 25% bonus on the cruise fare.

(In fact, the FCC does get applied to your account as two amounts — the base 100% + the 25% bonus.  You then have the option of applying one or both to a future booking (or existing booking, which is what I have done).

• Thanks 1

You are absolutely right and THANK YOU. I had no idea what the difference was in my FCC.  I just knew it wasn't 125% of the cruise fare paid.  I was not aware that the cruise invoice included taxes and fees.  I really think that should be reflected on their invoice.  They automatically applied a portion (an odd amount) of the cruise credits to a cruise. I will follow up with the balance on one of the four cruises I currently have booked.  I hope they go!

Anyway....can't wait to get back to cruising!!!

On 11/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, GICNJC said:

This is the first time we have received FCC.  Where does it show on the Oceania personal account? 

Future Cruise Credits do not show on your online account profile. But, they are resident in the Oceania database associated with your O Club profile. Note however that you do receive a numbered document for purchased Future Cruise Deposits. 

The pandemic has slowed everything.  That includes actually getting a fcc certificate.  Mine was issued in March and the document came in October.  My spouse never got one.  Not a problem. Your fcc is on Oceania file. When I decided to book, they applied my fcc without hesitation.  Used it for my deposit and didn’t need to post any additional money until the final payment date.  Also, I was told if I decided to later cancel it would be reinstated.  Not a problem.  Oceania has your fcc. Not to worry.

From Red Travel above:  "Oceania has your fcc. Not to worry."

I sincerely hope so!  I say this because my 12-20-20 cruise, which the bulk of the fare was

paid with a FCC from a March sailing - excess of $4300 pp - has been cancelled.  I had written to O to find out the total amount of my FCC would be so I could apply it to my 6-25-2021 cruise to the Norwegian Fjords.  This is her response:
"The FCC’s you received from your cancelled cruise RVA201220/3035805 are for $1342 for the 100% of the cruise fare paid – govt tax ($1569-227= $1342) and the additional 25% FCC is $335.50 ($1342*25%=$335.50).'  

The $1569 represents the balance that was due on a different cruise plus my $750 deposit.  No word on the missing four grand plus!  I've written back and am awaiting a response.

Donna

10 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

From Red Travel above:  "Oceania has your fcc. Not to worry."

I sincerely hope so!  I say this because my 12-20-20 cruise, which the bulk of the fare was

paid with a FCC from a March sailing - excess of $4300 pp - has been cancelled.  I had written to O to find out the total amount of my FCC would be so I could apply it to my 6-25-2021 cruise to the Norwegian Fjords.  This is her response:
"The FCC’s you received from your cancelled cruise RVA201220/3035805 are for $1342 for the 100% of the cruise fare paid – govt tax ($1569-227= $1342) and the additional 25% FCC is $335.50 ($1342*25%=$335.50).'  

The $1569 represents the balance that was due on a different cruise plus my $750 deposit.  No word on the missing four grand plus!  I've written back and am awaiting a response.

Donna

That is correct. 

O recently cancelled our November cruise (should be eating Turkey on Nautica tomorrow), whichbwas paid for with two FCCs and cash.

We opted for 125% FCC.

In that case, the original Future Cruise Credits - FCCs (100% of the amount used not 125%) were redeposited to our O Club account (you receive no confirmation of this). What new "book by/cruise by" dates they're reassigned depends on date their redeposited and what was their original cruise by date and what is O's current "Traveler Assurance" policy. And remember that the FCCs issued are per person (e.g., 50% of what is owed to you .x 2 FCCs).

If you opt for a new FCC, the cash you had in the now cancelled cruise will be issued two FCC types:  first is 100% of the "out-of-pocket" cash less port taxes/fees (which will be returned to your credit card 60-90 days later). Second is the bonus 25% of that amount. Under the current Traveler Assurance rules, these new FCCs (actually two per person) will have a "book by" date one year from the date of issue and the "cruise by" date (current policy) will be 12/31/22. 

Remember though that the originally redeemed FCC's may have varied "book by/cruise by dates." So do triple check with O and your TA exactly what are those dates and make sure you book, at least a "place holder " cruise before the FCCs run out of time.

If you've got a good TA who knows O well, s/he may be able to get a doc from O showing this info for the disposition of each FCC in your record.