Princess shouldn't be too far behind

Cruise Raider

Carnival has officially stated that they are canceling all cruises over 7 days through October 2021.  Princess shouldn't be too far behind ... 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-axes-longer-cruises-through-october-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3ICFmryiDg6ELGwVkwDuODG0Hzd4vld-rogQqJJIgRSszmtMDlU-ow8a8

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Carnival has officially stated that they are canceling all cruises over 7 days through October 2021.  Princess shouldn't be too far behind ... 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-axes-longer-cruises-through-october-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3ICFmryiDg6ELGwVkwDuODG0Hzd4vld-rogQqJJIgRSszmtMDlU-ow8a8

This should read 'sailings out of US ports' ... I caught my error a little too late to edit this post.  

• Thanks 1

I think this is both good and bad news for us. We have B2B cruises out of SF in April and will keep our fingers crossed-I actually doubt they will sail and if so, will we be allowed to stay on board for two 7 cruises? Second set, again B2B are out of Southampton in August, and wonder if we will be allowed into the UK by then. I feel more confident about Med and TA in October/November. Us old folks should have gotten our vaccine by then 🙂

• Like 1

Ugh.  So tired of this merry-go-around.  We have a 14-day cruise to Alaska booked for July (pushed back from May.)  Hopefully, Princess will let us know soon if they are going to cancel longer cruises.  I give props to Carnival for giving notice to passengers early on so they can adjust plans.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Be sure to read what Carnival states ... not the headline, and not what the reporter posts ... just what the Carnival spokesman states

Well, he does state that the cruises longer than 7 days will be closed off but, lower down on the page, the CDC also goes on to state that what started went from a suggestion suggestion to officially required but, gave room for changes to be made to the requirement.  

“The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than seven days,” the CDC’s document states. It goes on to say that the agency “may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail” based on several factors.

26 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Good to see Carnival announcing early.  Hopefully Princess will do the same.  Now I wonder how many of those longer cruises could be switched to 7 day cruises or some shorter and 7 day cruises.  

I saw another article here on CC that stated cruises may not have a turn around day but rather, stretch that out for a day or possibly even longer.  This will be due to testing those boarding as well as disembarking.  Now, we will just have to see if they will increase the amount of time of the ship or readjust their schedules to drop a port of call.  Either way, it sounds like a logistical nightmare for them to have to undertake such an arduous task or rescheduling everything.  But, they know it is the only way they will get back to sailing those ships with passengers onboard so, they will do what they need to do, I suppose.  

I have a 15 night cruise booked that I know is going to bite the dust but, if they shorten it to 7 days and lower the price accordingly, I won't have any problem with that either.  

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yeah, I've got a TA that's looking like it might not go ....

I wouldn't think the CDC would have much to say about TA's that are leaving US ports to go overseas???  As long as the overseas ports are ok with the longer cruises.  We are scheduled for the Enchanted TA in May, hopefully it will sail?

10 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I wouldn't think the CDC would have much to say about TA's that are leaving US ports to go overseas???  As long as the overseas ports are ok with the longer cruises.  We are scheduled for the Enchanted TA in May, hopefully it will sail?

Although what you explain makes perfect sense, I don't think that is the intent of the the CDC requirements, which state they cover any ship leaving or returning to a US port. 

These excerpts are from the Federal Register, as published Nov 4th, with regards to the CDC orders.  

This Order applies to cruise ship operators with cruise ships operating in U.S. waters and cruise ship operators who are operating cruise ships outside of U.S. waters, but intend for their cruise ships to return to operating in U.S. waters while this Order remains in effect.

The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders.

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

(I can't edit my posts)

Did you try clicking on the 3 dots right side where the Post Number used to be the edit is in the dropdown.

EDIT - think I see you just ran out of time?

Edited by Aulanis

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Yeah, I've got a TA that's looking like it might not go ...... so much for 950 goodwill OBC

Spoke with the my PVP yesterday. He said the fully expect an announcement from Princess this week about what the CDC has said. I totally expect my cruise. 

to be cancelled. 

Was optimistic for a while but I will be cashing out now and going on vacation somewhere for our 25th wedding anniversary. I will try cruising again once things settle. 

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

If you look at Princess website the TA's leaving in the spring are no longer available to book.  

Just went into the Princess website and looked to see if I could book my existing 14-day cruise to Alaska leaving from Los Angeles and it stated that it was not available.  Oh boy!  I guess I will just await the "official" comment from Princess. 

Just now, CineGraphic said:

Based on what info?

If you actually read the article.  Cruise critic broke that news hours ago. 

This is the exact quote

We continue discussions with the CDC about the Oct. 30 order which lays out conditions under which cruising in the U.S. can resume, including a proposed 7-day cap on itineraries. For the time being, we have closed for sale any 8-day or longer cruises from the U.S. We have not taken any other action on these cruises, and will update guests and travel agents once we make decisions about these itineraries.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

My March sailing is now showing as Currently not available.

Same with our 2/28 sailing on the Caribbean.

To me, it means one of two things. Either we aren't sailing, or the ship is close to the 50-60% capacity limit set by the CDC.

2120344494_ScreenShot2020-11-10at6_35_23PM.png.33f1f87494381b8f4ffd7ff24c3ebb7e.png