Key West Votes to Ban Mega Ships

kitty9

7 hours ago, pinotlover said:

When I go ashore, at any port, I always do tours, visit the local sights, and eat local cuisine at their restaurants and cafes. I realize not every one does that. So it appears that the residents of KW have opted to stereotype all cruisers . Stereotyping and redlining seem to be popular in some locales. Should we next approve of road blocks when coming off the bridge stereotyping, redlining, and refusing entry to those they don’t want in?

Basing decisions on data is what sensible people do. What is the option?  Interviewing each individual cruiser about their intentions to spend prior to allowing them to disembark?

You may spend in ports -- as do I -- but that doesn't mean that I don't understand we are the minority. Every cruise I hear folks planning their day such that they get off the ship, walk around and buy a few trinkets/cheap souvenirs and want to be back on board ship in time to eat lunch, "after all, we already paid for that meal."

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

You may spend in ports -- as do I -- but that doesn't mean that I don't understand we are the minority.

And it's why cruising will never be our main way to travel.  I'm into cooking and dining so spending eight hours someplace interesting isn't ever going to be our preferred way to travel. 

And, yes, we've been to KW, while visiting friends who lived in the Keys.