Jump to content

What do you miss about cruising?


What do you miss about cruising?  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Some things to consider - feel free to add your comments and other ideas in the response

    • Lazy day at sea
      17
    • Seeing a new port every day
      11
    • Excursions and tours
      13
    • Time to relax and decompress
      15
    • The food
      15
    • Entertainment on board
      11
    • Casino time
      5
    • Relaxing on board
      17
    • Time out with the family
      2
    • Making new friends
      10
    • Adventure of seeing somewhere new
      15
    • On board facilities - gym, pool, etc
      3
    • Other
      3


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, iancal said:

Plus, we travel frequently and have learned to keep an awareness of our surroundings when we travel. 

I have a decades old motto: Don't be where you shouldn't be when you shouldn't be there. Has held me in good stead for pushing 50 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

There is an inherent risk to life!  While we are willing to do our best to follow the rules and minimize that risk we are not willing to stop living so we can live (if that makes sense).

 

We're just going to do what the CDC and various states have asked. And hope they lighten up in a few months as we really want to go to Seattle to see 'the kids.' But CA, OR and WA don't want us. Boo hoo 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, clo said:

I have a decades old motto: Don't be where you shouldn't be when you shouldn't be there. Has held me in good stead for pushing 50 years.

Good advice.

 

So much easier and more effective than vainly attempting to look and dress like a local in order to give yourself a very false sense of security  by attempting to ‘blend in’ with the locals.  

Edited by iancal
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, iancal said:

So much easier and more effective than vainly attempting to look and dress like a local in order to give yourself a very false sense of security  by attempting to ‘blend in’ with the locals.  

Oh my yes. A couple of years ago I used a 50% off thing with Ancestry.com praying for even a drop of 'exotic' blood. Nope. I'm as blah looking on the inside as the outside. We used to have an apt in Rio and there was no way that *I* would pass. So I just learned a couple of hundred words of Portuguese and they liked that 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clo said:

Oh my yes. A couple of years ago I used a 50% off thing with Ancestry.com praying for even a drop of 'exotic' blood. Nope. I'm as blah looking on the inside as the outside. We used to have an apt in Rio and there was no way that *I* would pass. So I just learned a couple of hundred words of Portuguese and they liked that 🙂

 Oh, yes that genetic testing often yields a surprise.  I knew about my Spanish great grandfather, but that wee touch of Balkan in with the overwhelming  NW Europe and British Isles bulk came as a surprise.  My brother had two theories - some crusader on the way back home found his true love and brought her with him— or, much further back, some Macedonian recruit in the Ninth Legion settled in Britannia after he completed his twenty years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

 Oh, yes that genetic testing often yields a surprise.  I knew about my Spanish great grandfather, but that wee touch of Balkan in with the overwhelming  NW Europe and British Isles bulk came as a surprise.  My brother had two theories - some crusader on the way back home found his true love and brought her with him— or, much further back, some Macedonian recruit in the Ninth Legion settled in Britannia after he completed his twenty years.  

I'm sooooo jealous!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, Cruzaholic41 said:


Man, what I would give to be sitting at that table right now!  
 

Solstice, right?  Makes it even better. 😍


Yes ma’am. Solstice. What gave it away:.....the comfy balcony furniture or the portion of “X” on the glass?  😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, clo said:

I have a decades old motto: Don't be where you shouldn't be when you shouldn't be there. Has held me in good stead for pushing 50 years.

 

True.

 

Although my mental alter ego, Evilcruisemom42, can't help sometimes plotting a trip to Croatia (currently open to US, or at least was a week ago), spending 14 days there and then heading to Italy.... a trip that would fulfill current requirements for travel for US citizens -- but that wouldn't be at all smart. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...