Seabourn to stop selling 8+ day cruises that touch a US port

cruisr

Just recd a press release that Seabourn is following the path of Princess and is placing a hold on selling 8+ day cruises which touch a US port. Hold is for cruises until 11/01/21.  Of course, it could be lifted in the future.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

It's on Seabourn's website now (was on HAL's on Monday).  Our 10 and 11 day back-to-back Alaska cruises booked for next July have disappeared from the website as I'm sure all that fall within this newly announced parameter have.  We're not planning to cancel until we see how this plays out and have until March to cancel without penalty.  This is so disheartening.  

Just to get my/or feet wet again (and to "protect" our existing FCC and FCD), I've booked the May 15 6d, LA to Vancouver. I think that we may end up as industry and SB guinea pigs, but our TA suggested that if we have any Covid concerns, most likely so does SB. Meanwhile, we will keep our fingers crossed for good luck. 🤔

On 11/13/2020 at 3:58 AM, wesport said:

My 11 night Canada/New England disappeared. I thought booking something in August was going to be OK. Another interesting year coming up. 

Our 12 night Montreal-Newfoundland-Montreal in September is not available for new passengers.  While the cruise operates strictly within Canada, the previous leg originates in Boston and the subsequent leg goes back to US ports.  For now we are waiting to see what happens.  I think cruise lines may reconfigure their itineraries rather than keep ships idle for prolonged periods.

We had considered a Silversea cruise in August that starts in Reykjavík, goes to Greenland, Newfoundland, Quebec and then to New York City.  This cruise is still available for sale on the Silversea website even though it is 16 days.