Holland America Announces They Will No Longer Sell Cruises 8 Days Or Longer Through November 1, 2021

goldsmip115

8 hours ago, DENIE said:

Of course this is Europe, but we still see our 12-night Reflection cruise on the Baltic listed for August 2021.  It is at a higher price than what we have paid.  Noticed also a lot of staterooms on our deck are now showing as sold.

We have a 12 night British Isles booked for July 30th on Reflection...very few cabins left and the price has sky rocketed since we originally booked. Hoping by the time our final is due we'll know if we'll be sailing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

We have a 12 night British Isles booked for July 30th on Reflection...very few cabins left and the price has sky rocketed since we originally booked. Hoping by the time our final is due we'll know if we'll be sailing.

So unless the Reflection actually sails on the Transatlantic cruise we are booked on in April there won’t be any summer season cruises. Right now this cruise has been removed from the Celebrity website and we have no idea if we will actually be allowed to take it.  It has been suggested that she sails without passengers in which case you would think the European cruises would go ahead. 

I have a 13 day/14 night cruise in April 2021 out of Florida for Celebrity. I asked my TA if they will call me or give me some sort of heads up if it gets cancelled. I haven't heard anything yet. He told me to just call them before the full payment date in January to get my deposit but I don't want to sit on hold/waste time...any recommendations?

Edited by resjes

6 hours ago, resjes said:

I have a 13 day/14 night cruise in April 2021 out of Florida for Celebrity. I asked my TA if they will call me or give me some sort of heads up if it gets cancelled. I haven't heard anything yet. He told me to just call them before the full payment date in January to get my deposit but I don't want to sit on hold/waste time...any recommendations?

Not much you can do at this stage. You will probably find out if the cruise is cancelled on this forum, before your TA calls you. I have found that the TA's don't really get any advance info about what is going on.

Frankly, I cannot see your cruise happening. I hope I am wrong as it will mean things are getting back to near normal but I can't see the vaccine having had wide enough distribution by then and the cruise companies getting organised enough, especially if they mandate that vacs are compulsory in order to cruise (which I hope they do). I have had three cruises cancelled and just had to sit and wait and then watch my plans disappear, but that is life at the moment.

The Conditional sail order is pretty specific about the number of days a cruise line may sail, or offer to sail to/from a US port until Nov 1, 2021.  

(2) The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders.

Celebrity is still showing many Caribbean cruises in excess of 7 days departing from FL prior to Nov 2021.  This appears to be in violation of the CDC requirements to obtain a conditional approval to sail in The US.  Is it possible, that Celebrity is waiting until it just before it applies for approval for each of the affected ships before it removes the 8+ day US itineraries? It may be good for their bottom line, but this would not be a consumer friendly practice.