CDC requested to reinstate NSO

Just now, mek said:

At the same time all it will take are one or possibly two sailings with outbreaks and they are toast.  There really isn't a good course of action for them to take right now.  

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

I ask at what point can the cruise line continue to hang-on without any revenue coming in, before foreclosure/bankrupt filings? There is a substantial amount of loans outstanding at this time and every month/quarter puts them closer to a point of no return.

Does not  matter health of the country takes precedence over a non essential industry especially when the pandemic is at least temporarily getting much worse.

Companies come and go.   I would love to cruise as much as the rest but it’s going to have to wait until we are ready.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

Does not  matter health of the country takes precedence over a non essential industry especially when the pandemic is at least temporarily getting much worse.

Companies come and go.   I would love to cruise as much as the rest but it’s going to have to wait until we are ready.   

Our news said tonight CVS and tom thumb are ready to vaccinate. They hope to start by the end of dec here. I hope to be getting it early on. I'm 70 and its here ready to go. They said tonight albertsons and tom thumb will offer it free, which I guess means CVS not free the way it was stated.

As much as doomsday posters want to do big brother 1984, things are moving ahead to protect us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

Well said!

This is not a joke.  Hundreds are dying every day.  We love cruising and look forward to being on an RCCL ship again.  Sadly, we need to affirm that the situation is worsening, not getting better or "turning a corner."  This is the time for a reality check.  We need to stop the spread of the virus now.  The sooner we act, the sooner we will be back on Oasis of the Seas!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Our news said tonight CVS and tom thumb are ready to vaccinate. They hope to start by the end of dec here. I hope to be getting it early on. I'm 70 and its here ready to go. They said tonight albertsons and tom thumb will offer it free, which I guess means CVS not free the way it was stated.

As much as doomsday posters want to do big brother 1984, things are moving ahead to protect us. 

Good for you if you get it and it works but there will not be enough in circulation until mid year to turn the tide and I don’t think they are going to prioritize cruise passengers.  Remember there is a whole world out that needs it.  That’s a lot of demand and prioritization.

Two shots are required along with special storage.  

11 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Good for you if you get it and it works but there will not be enough in circulation until mid year to turn the tide and I don’t think they are going to prioritize cruise passengers.  Remember there is a whole world out that needs it.  That’s a lot of demand and prioritization.

Two shots are required along with special storage.  

Yes, of course. That's what it means CVS, tom thumb and Albertsons have the cold storage ready to go and ready to start vaccinations. 

I'm 70 is why I think I have a chance of early vaccination, lol not because I'm a cruiser. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Read the fine print. It may say free with most insurances. That’s how they marked the Flu shot. Nobody is giving a free Covid shot unless the Fed is suppling  them the vaccine for free.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes, of course. That's what it means CVS, tom thumb and Albertsons have the cold storage ready to go and ready to start vaccinations. 

I'm 70 is why I think I have a chance of early vaccination, lol not because I'm a cruiser. 

Good luck but I would put health workers, teachers and a few others ahead of you in line since we can stay home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Glad I had refundable deposit and cancelled outright.

Same here. Things looked sketchy in the beginning and I didn't want to play the games Royal was playing even if I could have gotten 25% more. I took my money and ran. 

• Like 1

The CSO is actually worse than the NSO.  

The CSO provided no clear path to glory by design.  Lots of milestones and checkpoints with unclear requirements how to get there.  The whole "if you offer a cruise longer than 7 days you have violated the CSO" says it all.  The CSO was created when the CDC was directed "do not extend the NSO" but it was created so that the same result occurred. No ships sailing. 

The CSO represents micro management of the cruise industry while the the NSO was more high level in nature.

The unfortunate reality is that an NSO is appropriate right now.  Politics aside, our numbers don't support getting people together for Thanksgiving.  Going on a cruise?  Nope.  

The primary reason I would love the CDC to rip off the bandaid and put in place an NSO is so that cruise lines can't continue to string guests along, require them to make final payments then cancel cruises a few days or week later and holding onto the money for 90 to 120 days after that.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Politics aside, our numbers don't support getting people together for Thanksgiving.  Going on a cruise?  Nope.  

Sure they do, going by numbers (for mainline bigger ships, ignoring the issue with Seadream) cruising is safer than being on land.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Source?

CEO Fain himself mentioned it that cruising is safer than being on Main St. 

If you believe the one report from Tui MS6 being false positive (initial Greek lab messed up the testing and said there ~6 positive results), there have been zero cases in their sailings since they restarted in late July. I submit that zero cases while cruising (regardless of how low that number of customers it represents) compared to land based numbers just about anywhere (except maybe some magical zip code with zero cases) is safer/better.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

Well said!

This is not a joke.  Hundreds are dying every day.  We love cruising and look forward to being on an RCCL ship again.  Sadly, we need to affirm that the situation is worsening, not getting better or "turning a corner."  This is the time for a reality check.  We need to stop the spread of the virus now.  The sooner we act, the sooner we will be back on Oasis of the Seas!

Are you suggesting a total lockdown?

Take responsibility for YOU. We do. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

Well said!

This is not a joke.  Hundreds are dying every day.  We love cruising and look forward to being on an RCCL 

Not to joke about people dying, but hundreds were dying prior to Covid.  Does anyone know what the average mortality rate in the US prior and during Covid. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel under the CWC the FCC’s have an apply by and sail by date of Dec 31, 2021.

If Royal cancels and you have an FCC issued under the Global Suspension policy then they have an apply by date of Dec. 31, 2021 but have a sail by date of April 30, 2022

Did not realize the different treatment.  Wonder why the inconsistency.

When was GS announcement.

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not to joke about people dying, but hundreds were dying prior to Covid.  Does anyone know what the average mortality rate in the US prior and during Covid. 

Two quotes you might find interesting.  There is no predicted spike in 2020.  It takes the government a few years to compile data.  I will check the insurance companies at my convenience.  Nope, we are not dying off as a species.  With everyone staying home I imagine we will have record births???😁

CDC 2018

CDC 1950 on

9 hours ago, zalusky said:

Companies come and go. 

I guess you don't work for one of those non-essential industries.  All of the people that depend on travel and tourism depend on that industry to pay their bills and feed their families believe it's an essential industry.  These industries are essential to a lot of people.  Resuming travel and tourism is critical not because you or I want a vacation, but because many people and the local economies depend on this industry.

There are a lot of non-essential business operating, perhaps we should shut all of them down.   Let's start with coffee shops, all retail except for food, all airlines except for freight, all construction, etc.

It sounds like you've lucky enough to never work for a company the went.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Two quotes you might find interesting.  There is no predicted spike in 2020.  It takes the government a few years to compile data.  I will check the insurance companies at my convenience.  Nope, we are not dying off as a species.  With everyone staying home I imagine we will have record births???😁

CDC 2018

CDC 1950 on

Do know there has been a spike in divorces😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Did not realize the different treatment.  Wonder why the inconsistency.

When was GS announcement.

At this point, it's just a matter of playing chicken with RCCL.  I'll make final payments and wait for them to cancel and apply for the refund.  I'll take my money now and not put the entire amount at risk hoping I can apply the FCC.