Very poor customer service by Windstar

jaykayham

I finally decided to book the Transatlantic sailing on Wind Star from Lisbon - but the way to do so was very long. I contacted Windstar by Email and guess what, never received a quote! Finally, after weeks and several reminders, I received an Email to call their reservation department in the US!  Living in Europe, the phone costs are way too high to do so - but still, no quote! What's the problem? Is it so much a problem to do a sales offer on-line nowadays? 

Back to the, homepage of Windstar, searching for ages for a qualified GSA General sales Agent in Europe. Smart move, someone might think, but the links and Emails provided by Windstar are outdated and no longer working. ☹️☹️ 

After almost all Email returned ("the host is no longer available...") I finally made it! Yeah! But worst to come! As the agent is located in Europe and I am a resident of Europe, Windstar isn't willing to offer the same benefits (read OBC, booking conditions) like to say US residents. ☹️☹️

So as a European I am punished twice: poor customer service for higher prices! And now, some say the cruise will finish in Barbados, other in Phillipsburg... My passion is sailing, that's why I stay to Windstar and that's why I finally booked the cruise, but I would love to hear from Windstar, why they sacrifice the service. Especially in COVID19 times, a travel company should stay behind their future customers by answering Emails within 48hrs or even by telling the correct, working Email address of the GSA!

As a European you are protected by strict consumer laws.  Many cruise lines have separate marketing for Europe to reflect that.  And the cost is passed on to you.  The way around it is to use a US online travel agent [according to posts I have read from UK and European CC members]

• Like 1