Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

On 11/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, D C said:

That's nice to hear!

Waiting to see when the Summit is moving south from Boston.  Would like to L&S to it instead of rebooking some other Caribbean itinerary.

We are, too. We are on the Boston - Canada cruise and the now cancelled Summit Boston - San Juan as a B2B.

1 hour ago, scrapcreator said:

We are, too. We are on the Boston - Canada cruise and the now cancelled Summit Boston - San Juan as a B2B.

I asked my travel agent to look into a lift & shift to whatever that mystery repo may be.  I'm expecting to hear from her in the next few days seeing as how I have a final pmt next week for a hopeful late-Feb Edge cruise.   I'll post back if I hear anything one way or the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The  Edge to Silhouette cruises that people are talking about are in late 2021 into 2022.  So not your cruise, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Celebrity has completed the crew training and trial cruises by the end of Feb.  

The comment was "all" Edge for 20 & 21. I just wanted to clarify.

Let's see....5-6 weeks to get the crew onboard & train....practice cruises early/mid January... first real cruise on 28-Feb on the Edge.  Simple 😄  (fingers crossed)

11 minutes ago, D C said:

I asked my travel agent to look into a lift & shift to whatever that mystery repo may be.  I'm expecting to hear from her in the next few days seeing as how I have a final pmt next week for a hopeful late-Feb Edge cruise.   I'll post back if I hear anything one way or the other. 

This would be great.  We are on the Boston to San Juan repo and have still not been notified!  I booked directly with a PVP.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

A big takeaway from the redeployment - Celebrity will not have a ship homeported in San Juan for the first time in at least 20 years. 

I think that is because PR govt is taking control of the cruise terminal/s but wants RCG (new RCL) to pay to build and maintain it.  RCG is not going to pay unless they own it (or mostly own it).  There was a lot of discussion about the topic when it was going on.

47 minutes ago, D C said:

Thank you.

20 hours ago, Oxo said:

Why have all the Edge cruises for 2020 and 2021 been cancelled? What are they doing with the Edge?

Yet, they want to book you on the 

Silhouette?

we were booked for the Edge 11/2020 and now requested a cash refund. No longer playing the waiting game.

Stay safe! 

20 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, that’s the $ 64,000 question. I would like to hear that answer too!

Changing them to 7 night cruises.....more sailings...more money......

16 hours ago, D C said:

I tried to do the lift and shift through Celebrity's website and got a message that the reservation wasn't eligible. Hoping that changes.

19 hours ago, D C said:

19 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This would be great.  We are on the Boston to San Juan repo and have still not been notified!  I booked directly with a PVP.

This is only a guess, but it's likely Celebrity is trying to figure out how to reconfigure NE cruises that are longer than 7 nights. Plus they may not know when Canada is going to allow cruise ships into their ports. It's possible all those fall NE cruises also change, so then no Boston to Fl repo. 😢

I think 7 night cruises will become a new standard for the upcoming years. I think its mostly due to a pandemic and new restrictions regarding cruising next year. I hope that it wont be the case. 7 night cruise is like a river cruise format. We will have to live  and see 

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

This is only a guess, but it's likely Celebrity is trying to figure out how to reconfigure NE cruises that are longer than 7 nights. Plus they may not know when Canada is going to allow cruise ships into their ports. It's possible all those fall NE cruises also change, so then no Boston to Fl repo. 😢

That's plausible.  If the Summit can't go to Canada, then it likely won't repo to Boston to begin with.  But we DO see a "first cruise" out of Florida in December (I think, or is it Nov? Don't have it in front of me) so the hypothetical repo should be just before then. 

I really cannot believe what a total cluster this is. We moved our 3/21 Silhouette cruise to Edge for 3/22 at a premium, even though the cabin itself was kind of a downgrade. We love Silhouette but were excited for another Edge cruise, esp at 10 nights. Reading the threads and the X FB group I learned of this change. Our Edge cruise on the X site is now Silhouette. Neither we nor our travel agent have received notification which is absolutely unacceptable. 

I've asked the TA to get things updated as it seems it may be for less money, and to secure our cabin. But then I go  into the X site, our Edge cruise is still on our Cruise Planner. AND, a notification popped up that we have a $50 credit, so I went to book a beach excursion and the site wouldn't let me book. Refused to add it to my cart.

I just cannot believe there was no notification. The biggest issue is cabin selection and many cabins were already blocked off. But then to throw the credit in my face and have me go through the options and then not let me book - I don't really have time to waste.....

Frustrating.

We are booked (or were) for Edge on March 7 2022. We have an infinite Veranda (E1 category). Given the revised statement from Celebrity says rebook in the same category on Silhouette with price protection, does anyone know how that is handled since there is no E1 on Silhouette? Do we get C1? Surely not 1A since we were not in 1A in Edge. FV/SV actually are lower than Concierge class on the listing of categories but I know often priced higher. Unfortunately haven’t been able to get ahold of our rep at Celebrity so wondering if others have been through it. 

Edited by sbcs5390

36 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

We are booked (or were) for Edge on March 7 2022. We have an infinite Veranda (E1 category). Given the revised statement from Celebrity says rebook in the same category on Silhouette with price protection, does anyone know how that is handled since there is no E1 on Silhouette? Do we get C1? Surely not 1A since we were not in 1A in Edge. FV/SV actually are lower than Concierge class on the listing of categories but I know often priced higher. Unfortunately haven’t been able to get ahold of our rep at Celebrity so wondering if others have been through it. 

A bit confused, you say "were" booked for Mar 2022, has Celebrity cancelled this cruise already?

59 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

Yes its 1A that you get to move to on Silhouette

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

A bit confused, you say "were" booked for Mar 2022, has Celebrity cancelled this cruise already?

Yes, they are having Edge do 7 day sailings instead. We got a message that we have until December 1 to essentially lift and shift to Silhouette same date, or some other sailing at prevailing rate. At first they said all would be at prevailing rate but sent a follow up after the outcry.

1 hour ago, louhun88 said:

Yes its 1A that you get to move to on Silhouette

Yikes. Didn’t mention but my mom is handicapped and we had an HC cabin on Edge. I looked closer at Silhouette deck plans and don’t see HC cabins in 1A, 1B, or 1C. So would have to downgrade to 2B.

Looks like Celebrity is providing price protection now for the Silhouette cruises that were replaced by the Infiniti December 2021 - March 2022.

Just receive this update:

"Earlier this week, you were provided an update on the status of your 2021/22 cruise vacation aboard the Celebrity Silhouette and the recently announced deployment adjustments that will, unfortunately, require cancellation of your voyage. We are reaching back out today to provide additional details and to ensure you are aware of your options to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a refund.

From today through December 1, you may rebook your South America Argentina/Patagonia or Antarctica cruise vacation on Celebrity Infinity, for a 12 to 14-night South America Argentina/Patagonia cruise departing between December 2021 and March 2022. You now have the option to rebook the same non-holiday itinerary type and stateroom category, at the original rate and promotion as your Celebrity Silhouette booking or at prevailing rates, whichever is lower. Additionally, guests booked on the Silhouette 12/19/21 South America Holiday sailing may rebook on the Infinity 12/22/21 Argentina & Patagonia Holiday sailing at the original rate and promotion.

If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view, standard veranda, AquaClass or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat. Please contact us to take advantage of this offer. If you are unable to rebook by December 1, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on the reservation. No action is required to receive this refund.

You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after your reservation is canceled. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately. Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy, you will not be eligible to receive the rebooking compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, these charges will automatically be refunded in full to your original method of payment and will show up as a separate transaction. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations. "

2 hours ago, Cruizerguy said:

Looks like Celebrity is providing price protection now for the Silhouette cruises that were replaced by the Infiniti December 2021 - March 2022.

Just receive this update:

"Earlier this week, you were provided an update on the status of your 2021/22 cruise vacation aboard the Celebrity Silhouette and the recently announced deployment adjustments that will, unfortunately, require cancellation of your voyage. We are reaching back out today to provide additional details and to ensure you are aware of your options to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a refund.

From today through December 1, you may rebook your South America Argentina/Patagonia or Antarctica cruise vacation on Celebrity Infinity, for a 12 to 14-night South America Argentina/Patagonia cruise departing between December 2021 and March 2022. You now have the option to rebook the same non-holiday itinerary type and stateroom category, at the original rate and promotion as your Celebrity Silhouette booking or at prevailing rates, whichever is lower. Additionally, guests booked on the Silhouette 12/19/21 South America Holiday sailing may rebook on the Infinity 12/22/21 Argentina & Patagonia Holiday sailing at the original rate and promotion.

If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view, standard veranda, AquaClass or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat. Please contact us to take advantage of this offer. If you are unable to rebook by December 1, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on the reservation. No action is required to receive this refund.

You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after your reservation is canceled. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately. Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy, you will not be eligible to receive the rebooking compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, these charges will automatically be refunded in full to your original method of payment and will show up as a separate transaction. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations. "

I wish they would do something for the cancelled summit cruises. I haven’t even received a notice that my cruise has been cancelled yet.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 6:41 AM, sbcs5390 said:

Yikes. Didn’t mention but my mom is handicapped and we had an HC cabin on Edge. I looked closer at Silhouette deck plans and don’t see HC cabins in 1A, 1B, or 1C. So would have to downgrade to 2B.

We had an E1 accessible infinite verandah/ balcony on Edge now got 2B accessible balcony on Silhouette.

We stayed in exactly same cabin 2B on Eclipse and they were fine 

Michelle 

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We had an E1 accessible infinite verandah/ balcony on Edge now got 2B accessible balcony on Silhouette.

We stayed in exactly same cabin 2B on Eclipse and they were fine 

Michelle 

I have always been a bit perplexed by which rooms are considered upgrades within a specific room class.  I know that our preferences don't align with Celebrity's perception.

1 hour ago, D C said:

I have always been a bit perplexed by which rooms are considered upgrades within a specific room class.  I know that our preferences don't align with Celebrity's perception.

I didn’t know what was classed as an upgrade/ downgrade so I just booked a cabin I knew was fine on the Eclipse. Should I try for an upgrade ? 

Michelle