Just received this message from Celebrity. Does it imply Infinity might be going bye bye?

Stockjock

On 11/17/2020 at 7:46 PM, Cruzmama said:

So our transatlantic on Infinity in April 2020 has not been changed - yet.  Does anybody know the status of this sailing?  I understand the October Infinity sailing TA westbound is cancelled.  Looks like Infinity is hanging around Europe for a while.  I'm losing hope.

Cruzmama when do you think cruising will resume?  Obviously not for a while with the hugely number of COVID cases.  Then you have "volunteer" cruises followed by short cruises to private destinations.  Then cruises are limited to 7 days.  Sure seems April TA cruises cannot happen.

Sadly lots more changes and cancellations coming.  COVID aboard Sea Dream showed until COVID is declining cruising not likely to happen.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:39 PM, edgee said:

Infinity will likely be back in SA without the scheduled Revolution remake, or so it seems. I view that as a bad thing.

Hopefully they've been doing maintenance, cleaning, and painting for the past 8 months.  Last I was on the Infinity, she was looking a bit in need.    Having sailed on both, I'm not certain that I would pick a refurbished Summit over a well-maintained Infinity. 

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Cruzmama when do you think cruising will resume?  Obviously not for a while with the hugely number of COVID cases.  Then you have "volunteer" cruises followed by short cruises to private destinations.  Then cruises are limited to 7 days.  Sure seems April TA cruises cannot happen.

Sadly lots more changes and cancellations coming.  COVID aboard Sea Dream showed until COVID is declining cruising not likely to happen.

An eastbound TA isn't that far fetched.  The CDC shouldn't care since everyone is leaving the US. 

25 minutes ago, D C said:

Hopefully they've been doing maintenance, cleaning, and painting for the past 8 months.  Last I was on the Infinity, she was looking a bit in need.    Having sailed on both, I'm not certain that I would pick a refurbished Summit over a well-maintained Infinity. 

From what I can see, they did a beautiful job on Summit.  Why would you choose a non-revolutionized ship over one which has been substantially upgraded?

d

10 hours ago, Stockjock said:

From what I can see, they did a beautiful job on Summit.  Why would you choose a non-revolutionized ship over one which has been substantially upgraded?

d

The revolutionization was nicely done aesthetically, and if given a choice, I would probably pick Summit over the Infinity for the same itinerary.  But if the Infinity received the maintenance and cosmetic upkeep that it desperately needed when I was on it ~18 months ago, I would not be disappointed to sail on her.  My biggest pet peeve of the 'upgrades' is the bacon strips over the sunset bar on the Summit instead of the proper canopy on the Infinity.  Having been out there on both ships while the odd rainstorm passes by, that space on the Infinity wins hands down.  Rain is great when you're outside relaxing with a drink in hand but not getting wet :)

6 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

When Infinity takes over 2022 cruises from South America, she will indeed be a revolutionized version of her former self.

the "revolutionization" was supposed to happen in November 2020 but was put off. is there any information that it will still happen before 2022?

11 minutes ago, dszrew said:

the "revolutionization" was supposed to happen in November 2020 but was put off. is there any information that it will still happen before 2022?

Information and advertising on the X site regarding Infinity, strongly suggests a new wardrobe and a more luxurious presentation.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

3 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Information and advertising on the X site regarding Infinity, strongly suggests a new wardrobe and a more luxurious presentation.  

Is it recent info?  Well into the cruise cancellation they were still advertising her as being revamped. 

We received an e-mail from Crucon, our booking agent, that our 1/31/22 - 2/13/22 Antarctic cruise  will have the same dates and the same itinerary but our ship will be Infinity instead of Silhouette. We have to choose a new cabin but the price was reduced, so OK !

3 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Without making more of this than should be, if current plans, schedules and ship repositioning continue to evolve as intended, when Infinity arrives in South America for sailings in 2022 she will indeed have a revolutionized look and feel.

In the current economic conditions I think your assumptions are just wishful thinking.  The "M" class revolutions were ~80 Million apiece.  Where do you think they will get 160 mil to do the 2 remaining ships?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stockjock said:

d

Proper dining tables on the balcony.

A table in the room.

The cozy atmosphere of Michael's Club as opposed to the cold and sterile atmosphere of the Retreat Lounge.

• 1 month later...

And...as of now, my July 19 Infinity cruise, Rome to Venice, is still on...I only wish they'd change it to another ship--either a Revolutionized version or an S-Class.  It will be hard enough getting on Infinity since we will be getting off Apex and getting on this one!