All January 2021 and Some February 2021 cruises removed from Carnival Website

loanshark

A sad day, even though I knew it would be coming.  We got our cancellation notice today.  

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcrui
All embarkations from U.S. homeports from January 1-31, 2021
Embarkations from Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Mobile, New Orleans and
San Diego through February 28, 2021

Embarkations on Carnival Legend through March 26, 2021

Well, this time I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I went to check the rates on my 9/21 B2B....out of NYC...and there's nothing bookable until 2022.  Looks like the entire season vanished.

No e-mail yet....but expecting.

I've now downgraded the chance of this cruise happening to 1%. (Hoping it's just a glitch).

13 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Well, this time I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I went to check the rates on my 9/21 B2B....out of NYC...and there's nothing bookable until 2022.  Looks like the entire season vanished.

No e-mail yet....but expecting.

I've now downgraded the chance of this cruise happening to 1%. (Hoping it's just a glitch).

Lol I'm guessing it's a combination of no cruises longer than 7 days and canadian border closed. They cant get their conditional to sail unless they pulled all 8 day and longer and I guess dont feel they can get a good enough itinerary with 7 days.

Lol you can book june of 2022. 

20201118_104101391.jpeg

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I'm guessing it's a combination of no cruises longer than 7 days and canadian border closed. They cant get their conditional to sail unless they pulled all 8 day and longer and I guess dont feel they can get a good enough itinerary with 7 days.

Lol you can book june of 2022. 

20201118_104101391.jpeg

It was a B2B...one 6 days and one 4 days, so the 7 day rule wasn't involved.  In addition, all of the other scheduled sailings were shorties too. They don't know what Canada will be doing...and not all the trips that were scheduled were to Canada anyway.

I'm really hoping it's just a glitch......

ETA...I just remembered...there were some 8 day Caribbean sailings.  Maybe they are re-doing the entire season.

Edited by MsTabbyKats

26 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It was a B2B...one 6 days and one 4 days, so the 7 day rule wasn't involved.  In addition, all of the other scheduled sailings were shorties too. They don't know what Canada will be doing...and not all the trips that were scheduled were to Canada anyway.

I'm really hoping it's just a glitch......

ETA...I just remembered...there were some 8 day Caribbean sailings.  Maybe they are re-doing the entire season.

Unless it's a sideways b2b, 2 ships, the 8 day ruling might be involved. My travel agent said no to booking me b2b on same ship until its cleared up you can spend more than 7 days on a ship cdc says.

I know you already had it booked, but I wouldnt be so sure b2bs are allowed. Travel agents are waiting for clarification and mine is very good and he certainly isnt as sure as you are. Unless you have this in writing which no travel agent knows, I wouldn't be so sure. Show it to me in writing that b2bs are allowed. He thinks you might be able to sneak one on 2 different ships but hes not booking his clients on them. 

Clearly the intent of the cdc is to limit your exposed time onboard a ship to 7 days or less ...and what you state clearly is not within their intentions.

Edited by firefly333

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Unless it's a sideways b2b, 2 ships, the 8 day ruling might be involved. My travel agent said no to booking me b2b on same ship until its cleared up you can spend more than 7 days on a ship cdc says.

I know you already had it booked, but I wouldnt be so sure b2bs are allowed. Travel agents are waiting for clarification and mine is very good and he certainly isnt as sure as you are. Unless you have this in writing which no travel agent knows, I wouldn't be so sure. Show it to me in writing that b2bs are allowed. He thinks you might be able to sneak one on 2 different ships but hes not booking his clients on them. 

Thanks but the world doesn't revolve around me.  Even if they didn't allow me to do a B2B...is that any reason to cancel all the cruises? (I am joking....)

I didn't ask my TA about the B2B and 7 day rule...as final payment isn't due until June and lots of things could change by then.

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Thanks but the world doesn't revolve around me.  Even if they didn't allow me to do a B2B...is that any reason to cancel all the cruises? (I am joking....)

I didn't ask my TA about the B2B and 7 day rule...as final payment isn't due until June and lots of things could change by then.

Again my guess is they are redoing the scheduled cruises further out. 

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Unfortunately,, there are 100,000 people that were wrong.

How do you know when the mock cruises will be or that they were canc.

The 100k is volunteers to do mock cruises so the ships can get conditionally certified. It was a joke someone posted. Boy are some grumpy even about joking posts.

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

How do you know when the mock cruises will be or that they were canc.

The 100k is volunteers to do mock cruises so the ships can get conditionally certified. It was a joke someone posted. Boy are some grumpy even about joking posts.

How does anybody know when the mock cruises will start?  Royal has said they have 100,000 people willing to do them but I haven't seen Carnival or Royal say anything yet as to when they will start.

Where in my statement did I sound grumpy?  You can't say anything on here anymore without someone jumping on you.

Good morning,   I have back to back Horizon cruises booked leaving from Miami starting Jan. 3.   I received a cancellation notice from the travel agent (big box store).   I am not seeing this particular ship cancelled on the Carnival Website.   The headlines are confusing saying all January cruises are cancelled.  Any insight is appreciated.