New NCL Cruise Deal Yea or Nay?

cruisekitty22

I have been looking at a 12 day Europe cruise in June 2022 since it was open to book.  Inside cat. F has been priced at C2609 .Canadian Dollars  Saw this sale was coming up and was ready to book at C2609 less 30% = C1827 . I check out the sale and it went from C2609 to C2342 .

It now shows a WAS price of C3346 less 30% = C2342. It never was at C3346.

I have 2 other cruises that also now show super inflated WAS prices.

How can they do this... they put in these terms and conditions

Original rate prices quoted are offering prices and may not have resulted in, and savings shown from original prices may not be based on, actual sales. From time to time, we may use original to mean the price offered during a previous seasonal time period, and therefore such prices may not have been in effect during the past 90 days. Quoted cruise prices are subject to promotions, discounts, and sales based on many factors including but not limited to seasonality, timing, range or mix of offers at a particular time, demand, availability, and capacity management.

This somehow means they can make up a price and run deceptive promotions.

New NCL Deal  a big NAY

• Like 1

I'm afraid I have to agree that this deal, is no deal at all.  Also, keep in mind, I cruise solo now so the prices include the 100% supplement.

I looked at the price of the Haven HI cat. to see if it would be a good deal.  I booked back in Sept and got a really good deal with 15% off actual price approx. $5618 minus the 15% = $4775.30 includes all FAS offerings. 

Now the reduced price of the same cruise/cabin is approx. $900 more with NCL showing an original price for the cabin of $8138, again, that price was never shown on the site.  

Cheers

Comparing today's new pricing on 6 cruises between 11/21 and 01/23 shows no deals with this round of 'discounts'.  At best a few $'s here or there: not worth booking or re-booking any of them.  I'll keep watching.  

well. i just spent almost 40 minutes with ncl. we have a suite onthe spirit in april and the 2 bedroom haven onthe jade in july. as always, ncl upped the cabin prices so the 30% off was of absolutely no benefit to me.

why am i not surprised?  the last time ncl offered the 30% off they did the same thing, jacked up the prices so there were no apparent savings to anyone.

lousy way to do business (my own personal opinion)  the only time i saw any of their offers as being beneficial,  was the 15% off to latitudes members. i was able to upgrade from the 2 bedroom suite on the jade to the have 2 bedroom in the haven.  who wouldnt rather be in a haven?saved over $3000

No deal here for my 2 existing October 2021 Med cruises either.  Not even close.  They were last repriced on the most recent 15% price reduction a couple months ago. 

I actually don't expect that I will get better prices going forward.  I'm happy with my current pricing if that's the best I will get.  I do regret not upgrading to a balcony cabin when I last repriced, however.  I may have missed that window.  But we'll see where it goes over the next 7 months before final payment is a consideration.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

5 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

NCL is offering a new deal today. 30% off all cruises/ all destinations and get 5* offers free. Good deal or not? Two days only.

5 hours ago, Gershep said:

Usually when they offer these deals they raised the prices to more than cover this offering.

Eye On Tampa Bay: The Budget Shell Game In the Twilight Zone at County  Center

• Like 1

Just curious but is there any advertising standards bodies that can whack NCL for false advertising in your countries? 
on their European site there’s always an asterix alongside the offer which gets them off the hook. It’s standard practise here to for sales terms and conditions issues to get companies off the hook from applying the actual sale headline. 

btw the t&cs page in Europe says the promo applies to bookings until December 10th.

Here’s the last paragraph of the terms & conditions page for the current promo which is their get out clause for the 30% not being 30%.

“Original rate prices quoted are offering prices and may not have resulted in, and savings shown from original prices may not be based on, actual sales. From time to time, we may use original to mean the price offered during a previous seasonal time period, and therefore such prices may not have been in effect during the past 90 days. Quoted cruise prices are subject to promotions, discounts, and sales based on many factors including but not limited to seasonality, timing, range or mix of offers at a particular time, demand, availability, and capacity management. “ 

Edited by eileeshb
Additional info

2 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

As many have posted, this is no deal at all.  I booked a Panama Canal cruise (2021) in Sept., with a 15% discount, and just did a mock reservation.  My 15% cruise is $400 pp less.

The 15% off was a good deal. If you missed out, you definitely let a good one get away from you.

• Like 1

All 3 of my upcoming cruises are between $500 - 2500 more now with the "discount". Looking at the discounted from price is a joke. They haven't been at those prices in over a year since I booked. Trust me, I price check every few weeks because I'm neurotic like that.

Again, all the more reason to book early and keep checking. You can always go down if there is a better deal, and it feels good to see you locked in at a better price when the "deals" are not so good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mertziek said:

Repriced my booked cruises and no savings for me with this deal.  😥

Exactly. Going into this “sale” I always recommend ppl price their desired bookings, put them on 48hr temp hold, and save the pricing and then compare when the “sale” begins. 

Ive found ironically that true good deals and pricing drops usually occur silently, or sometimes with very short low key sales like All 5 plus free airfare and 3/4th sail free- if you choose an itinerary that requires extensive airfare like, Greece one way to Barcelona for example, and you want to take the kids (unlikely on an itinerary like that but for discussions sake) then this is a homerun, otherwise the highly marketed price drip kind of promotions usually dont bear much fruit. Just been my experience, yours may be different of course. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eileeshb said:

Here’s the last paragraph of the terms & conditions page for the current promo which is their get out clause for the 30% not being 30%.

“Original rate prices quoted are offering prices and may not have resulted in, and savings shown from original prices may not be based on, actual sales. From time to time, we may use original to mean the price offered during a previous seasonal time period, and therefore such prices may not have been in effect during the past 90 days. Quoted cruise prices are subject to promotions, discounts, and sales based on many factors including but not limited to seasonality, timing, range or mix of offers at a particular time, demand, availability, and capacity management. “ 

In fact this paragraph means nothing other than "we can adjust the base price as often as much as we want to make every ***** offer look like a perfect bargain".

With this Thanksgiving Sale my current Bermuda cruise went down to $1019 as opposed to my original booked fare of $1229. So it will vary by sailing for sure.

Although I would lose the free gratuities but would gain WiFi and $50 excursions credit so it's basically you win some you lose some. 🤷‍♂️

We have an 11 day cruise coming up in February 2021, which we know will be cancelled. So we booked a 10 day cruise for Feb 2022 today,  and was $100 more then my 2021 cruise (same location just 1 day short).  We have to pay in full by 12/23/2020 for the 2021 cruise.  My thought is we will not cancel the upcoming cruise, pay in full and wait for them to cancel. When they cancel the outstanding money will go on the new cruise and hopefully they will still be giving the 10% discount (was 25%) and I will be getting in total 40% off on the 2022 cruise.  

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on my first NCL cruise in 2022 with this promotion. While the consensus on here is I’m getting ripped off, I’m happy with what we booked. It’s in line with what I’ve priced out on RCCL once you factor in the drink package, and we’ve always wanted to try NCL. 

On 11/28/2020 at 4:16 PM, dwr777 said:

I got a fabulous deal on the Pearl from Athens, with the second person’s air for free and all the promos, plus using two Cruise Next...now hoping we’ll actually be cruising in July! Be safe everyone...

We also got a fabulous deal on the Getaway from Athens with the second person's airfare for free. We didn't take the drink package because we rarely drink and the gratuities really add up. NCL has very few sailing with that airfare deal anymore but you need to call NCL directly to find out. My agent was shocked that any sailings still had the airfare offer.  That offer pretty much disappeared for most sailings a few weeks ago.