All Carnival Cruises Canceled through January 31st per website

Cruiseman38

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

oh no. thats not good. last week or so they removed the  8 day cruises  and the only cruises left were the Canada cruises. looks like they removed all of the cruises.

i booked on the magic for June 2021

Maybe they removed them to redo the schedule as they cant sell 8 day cruises under conditional operations thru November 1st? Idk, but it's all I can think of they removed them all to redo as 7 days or less.

• Like 1

When the vaccine is certified by all the powers to be and the Medical experts say that it is good to go then the vaccine will become more acceptable. Too much historical "old baggage" and rushing to make me feel comfortable that we are being told the truth.   

9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

oh no. thats not good. last week or so they removed the  8 day cruises  and the only cruises left were the Canada cruises. looks like they removed all of the cruises.

i booked on the magic for June 2021

I didn't notice that they removed the 8 day cruises (I didn't look)...but I did notice that the Magic cruises were canceled into May.  I'm hoping they re-do the entire season.  

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I will bet you I will be vaccinated. I see pfeizer drug is asking for emergency approval in a couple of days. They are already testing delivery in 4 states including mine, and some getting noticed from CVS already. Plus our news said it's free at Albertsons and tom thumb. Plus CVS will have it. I'm also in dallas a large city where we are set up and ready to start.

Add in I'm a senior.

Want to take the bet I wouldnt be vaccinated ?

So many think they know it all. Will there be herd immunity by april? Perhaps not but many many will certainly be vaccinated who want it. 

I don't think so.  Once the drug(s) are approved for distribution it will still take some time to make enough doses to send out.  The first ones receiving the dosages (in Ohio) will be the healthcare workers, then residents in senior centers.....  after that it will likely go to the general population, most likely starting with seniors.  Your local pharmacy won't have the vaccine for quite a while, I would guess until at least summer next year.  Also keep in mind that both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require a double-dose also.

Putting aside realistic chances of further cancelations, can anyone shed light on why they worded the message for Galveston the way they did?  Why would they say "...our return to operations will focus initially on Miami and Port Canaveral, to be followed by Galveston" but the return to operation date for all three is the same Feb 1?  Meaning based on that sentence, wouldn't the start up in Galveston have to be somewhat behind that of Miami/Port Canaveral, by a week, or 2 weeks, or a month?

I know that was always the plan to do Florida to start, I am just curious why today's updated dates didn't really match that to some degree.  Currently booked for Vista for 2/13/2021, so that little difference matters a lot!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buckeyefrank said:

I don't think so.  Once the drug(s) are approved for distribution it will still take some time to make enough doses to send out.  The first ones receiving the dosages (in Ohio) will be the healthcare workers, then residents in senior centers.....  after that it will likely go to the general population, most likely starting with seniors.  Your local pharmacy won't have the vaccine for quite a while, I would guess until at least summer next year.  Also keep in mind that both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require a double-dose also.

The panel of cdc is meeting next monday to decide who gets it first. So you also know in advance what their comments of most vulnerable mean as to the order? Wow while what you say makes sense, and you have seniors 3rd, why dont you think me as a senior can get it before april?

I hope I can find you when I get it. So what are we betting? I do think I'll have it by April you say not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lancerTXST said:

Putting aside realistic chances of further cancelations, can anyone shed light on why they worded the message for Galveston the way they did?  Why would they say "...our return to operations will focus initially on Miami and Port Canaveral, to be followed by Galveston" but the return to operation date for all three is the same Feb 1?  Meaning based on that sentence, wouldn't the start up in Galveston have to be somewhat behind that of Miami/Port Canaveral, by a week, or 2 weeks, or a month?

I know that was always the plan to do Florida to start, I am just curious why today's updated dates didn't really match that to some degree.  Currently booked for Vista for 2/13/2021, so that little difference matters a lot!

Just my opinion, but each ship has to be inspected. So I'd read that as they will get those 2 ports in florida on the inspection list first., fbn said they are pulling cruises to work on the onboard labs when I tuned in, I just caught the last. Dont know where they got that from as I missed the beginning.

2 hours ago, 64funwhisper said:

jimbo on the notice it says all sailings thru january 31 why do you think the Breeze out of pc would go ?

It is not going anywhere in January, both the Breeze and Horizon will be the first ships to sail when Carnival begins sailing, out of PC and Miami, February would be my guess.  Of course they have two obstacles to clear, getting cleared by the venom spewing CDC and a certain judge in Miami that has the hots for Carnival in regards to the ecology issues.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lancerTXST said:

Getting the ships cleared is a big deal and will esquire significant efforts on two fronts, meeting the CDC mandate and getting approval from Judge Seitz in Miami (ongoing ecology violations).  Not easy tasks, and my guess is that these will occur one at a time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

How can you be surprised if you have been reading these boards? Every month going back to August, there have been posters "guaranteeing" that the cruise lines will start that month.

Why should you be surprised that their state of denial still is in effect?

True - but August vastly understates the trend.

It was going good by late March, when those identical posters were cheerfully assuring that cruising would restart May 1 or sooner. And then every month afterward, without fail.

The factual evidence and neutral analysis have consistently pointed to "cruising will remain shut down for the foreseeable future" .... that has been the case since March, and remains so now.

Reality check: The CDC still is the whipping boy for some folks, but it is not the enemy. COVID-19 is the enemy and for now it's going nowhere.

Viruses don't care if the cruise industry is wiped out. Viruses don't care about protests. Viruses don't care whether people are sick of masks and distancing, oppose the governor's new order, or just plain hate rules. Viruses don't care about our hunger for travel, our yearning to be on the ocean, our fatigue with restrictions. 

Viruses. Don't. Care.

Today's cold water: Infection rates are soaring nationally ... far worse, hospitalization rates are, too. No, cruising will not be back in February.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:
  • Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including April 19, 2021
  • ya think?
  • 2_Ship-recycling-industry-in-Turkeys-Izm

🤣🤣🤣

At this point it is a safe bet that the replacement ship in the form of the Radiance, will still be in Cadiz until next summer. Not sure I see the 3-4 day Long Beach cruises existing until next fall.

11 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

More than half of counties in the US have zero ICU beds remaining. There are still around 1000 deaths a day and many more who are barely hanging on, not to mention those that survive but have long lasting chronic symptoms.. The vaccine is almost ready, but the US is only getting 12 million doses this year. Each person needs 2 doses, so cut that to 6 million people. The vaccine is terrific news but we are still months away from having enough doses for the general public. 

Link to data on doses?  Two companies Pfizer and Moderna will have does this year.  OF course the virus is still here.  Some will embrace the bad news, I chose otherwise.  It will end when it is over.

Carnival wants nothing to do with cruising right now. Not even test cruises.

It is shaping up to be an ugly day with covid deaths. Italy over 750, Poland over 600, Canada creeping up on 100 with more reporting left, US already over 1000 with a lot of large states left to report in.

I would say they should even scrap test cruises and forget trying to get a CSO. Just wait it out until covid declines. We can't be far from the peak anyway with positivity rates in the 10 percent per day range.

6 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Carnival wants nothing to do with cruising right now. Not even test cruises.

It is shaping up to be an ugly day with covid deaths. Italy over 750, Poland over 600, Canada creeping up on 100 with more reporting left, US already over 1000 with a lot of large states left to report in.

I would say they should even scrap test cruises and forget trying to get a CSO. Just wait it out until covid declines. We can't be far from the peak anyway with positivity rates in the 10 percent per day range.

I do believe that they would disagree with most of what you say they want.  Does Carnival sail in Poland or Canada?  How many do they sail in Italy?  They are doing EXACTLY what they need to be doing right now, getting ready to sail again.  Which month that is can be determined by the virus, but be ready si what they can do and should do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisenewbie79 said:

Are you all being notified of these cancellations by email? This will be my 3rd cruise cancelled and each time I find out through you all and not once by email. Arrgh. Getting frustrated...

According to one news report I read, Carnival claims it has already notified all of the affected customers.

:shrug:  Maybe your email address is stored wrong in their system, or maybe your email provider blocks it, so you don't even see it in your spam folder.

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It appears that all of 2021 out of NYC is gone.  

And now NY City has closed all public schools except for virtual learning.

So much for the poster who thought NY was doing so well they should start the cruises back from there.

48 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I do believe that they would disagree with most of what you say they want.  Does Carnival sail in Poland or Canada?  How many do they sail in Italy?  They are doing EXACTLY what they need to be doing right now, getting ready to sail again.  Which month that is can be determined by the virus, but be ready si what they can do and should do.

We have done a Carnival cruise round trip from NY City that went to Canada. So, yes, Carnival does cruise in Canada.

Carnival Corporation owns both Princess and Holland America. We have sailed on both those lines with ports in Italy. We were also on a Princess Baltic cruise that had a stop in Poland.

• Like 1

Just now, ontheweb said:

We have done a Carnival cruise round trip from NY City that went to Canada. So, yes, Carnival does cruise in Canada.

Carnival Corporation owns both Princess and Holland America. We have sailed on both those lines with ports in Italy. We were also on a Princess Baltic cruise that had a stop in Poland.

You are correct on all fronts.  The point was however, that is NOT where there bread is buttered, nor where their sweet spot is.  As I said, the virus will end when it ends.  What Carnival should and in fact is doing is get ready for when THEY can start sailing.  Of course the cdc and a certain judge want to hold those power chips as long as they can.  

8 minutes ago, FLCruise7 said:

Was this posted on their Facebook page or regular web site?  If Facebook only, that's pretty annoying -- all of us don't live on Facebook.  Just saying...

email notification is always slow. sometimes it takes them a day or to send it. if you booked with a TA, the TA needs to forward you the cancellation notice.

all cancel cruises is on the carnival website: https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/cancellation-preference-v2?icid=advisory_canceledcruises_10232020

A Vaccine doesn't mean very much until most of the area gets it and the death rate go's down substantially. You may get the shot because you're a health worker or Senior but we still have to wait for everyone to have the opportunity to get it. So I believe a vaccine is a step in the right direction it will not be a direct approval for nationwide sailings.