Carnival has canceled....

TSUmom

6 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

Carnival has canceled all January cruises from US homeports.  Also Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, NOLA and San Diego through Feb and Tampa through March.   

Betting NCL will follow?

I suspect you are correct.  The February cancellations are everything out the USA except Florida,  I'm thinking both NCL and Royal will do the same.

Tom

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

Carnival has canceled all January cruises from US homeports.  Also Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, NOLA and San Diego through Feb and Tampa through March.   

Betting NCL will follow?

Yes NCL will follow, they are always last to the party on cancellations, they know they just wait to announce

OK I am going to have re-schedule once again when ncl cancels for January. i have also noticed very high prices on some of these cruises I am looking at. Any idea when it will be safe to schedule out of NYC? Do you think April or May will be to soon? all ideas suggestions appreciated  

5 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

OK I am going to have re-schedule once again when ncl cancels for January. i have also noticed very high prices on some of these cruises I am looking at. Any idea when it will be safe to schedule out of NYC? Do you think April or May will be to soon? all ideas suggestions appreciated  

You already know the answer.  No one knows at this point.

Yep, it's frustrating.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

I think your guess is as good any anyone's. Its pretty cut and dry.....Nobody knows. My wife and I have a cruise booked for January 2022. I'm guessing its 50/50 right now

• Like 1

If I had to guess, I would say we still have a long way to go to ensure the distribution of the vaccine reaches all areas/all people of the world. 

Sure, here in NA, we might be lucky enough to get  the doses of vaccine out to most who need it but I really doubt it will be before the fall of 2021, at least for the majority of the population. 

• Like 1

Until this vaccine is actually produced in quantity so at least half of the population can get vaccinated, for the months leading up to that, the virus will still be running out of control, and we will still be living under restrictions that will make cruising not acceptable for most folks.  Even with the process that has been given the lines to accomplish to begin, the virus is going to just keep them grounded.   My opinion.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

FWIW(since my opinion means no more than anyone else's)

I wouldn't book anything out of a US port. The more these cruise lines are jerked around by the CDC, as they are set apart from all other means of transportation, the more likely the lines will move elsewhere. It's far too expensive to put openings into action, under truly oppressive guidelines, only to have the whole thing closed down again. And again, and again. Or not. Who knows?

I would leave the US, if I was trying to run a huge business that a country(or at least one very powerful agency) was actively trying to put OUT of business.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

As long as you're appreciating all ideas.........

The mayor just closed our public schools due to a "high positive rate".

It looks like Carnival canceled the entire 2021 NYC calendar (maybe they are readjusting....a hopeful guess).

Don't get your hopes up for April or May from NYC. (I have an April cruise booked....not expecting it to happen...and won't be rebooking unless a super good deal comes along and I don't have to put any $$$ down.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It looks like Carnival canceled the entire 2021 NYC calendar (maybe they are readjusting....a hopeful guess).

Don't get your hopes up for April or May from NYC. (I have an April cruise booked....not expecting it to happen...and won't be rebooking unless a super good deal comes along and I don't have to put any $$$ down.)

I saw that today and about the social distancing for the holidays. He doesn't paint a pretty picture. I'm sure Murphy will be putting his spin on things if he hasn't already. And the panic buying has started, so yeah I'm not banking on anything for awhile.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

October /November 2021?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Keep in mind Carnival does only seasonal sailings out of NYC.

1 hour ago, sammee said:

I saw that today and about the social distancing for the holidays. He doesn't paint a pretty picture. I'm sure Murphy will be putting his spin on things if he hasn't already. And the panic buying has started, so yeah I'm not banking on anything for awhile.

Cuomo is the governor of NY.

Murphy is NJ’s governor.

RCL and Celebrity sail out of NJ.

It wouldn’t surprise me if NJ allowed cruising before NY even it’s only a month or two.

• Like 1

I’m currently booked to sail out of NOLA with NCL on Feb 28th... looks like I may as well cancel that now and re-book for 2022 instead. 
I’ll keep an eye on a possible European cruise for 2021 as it looks like it’s more likely to be up and running. 

1 hour ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Keep in mind Carnival does only seasonal sailings out of NYC.

Quite aware.  The Magic was supposed to be "our ship" from June-Sept (or Oct).    Right now the first scheduled Magic cruise is in November, from Port Canaveral.  I hope that it's a "rescheduling issue".  If my cruise(s) end up being canceled, I assume the OBC will stay with my acct and I'll wait until "last minute" to reschedule.

Another lesson learned...not to use a TA.  With so many changes/cancellations...it's just easier to deal directly.

Sigh.......

1 hour ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Cuomo is the governor of NY.

Murphy is NJ’s governor.

RCL and Celebrity sail out of NJ.

It wouldn’t surprise me if NJ allowed cruising before NY even it’s only a month or two.

I'm in NJ, hour away from that port. Let's put it this way. I'm not betting a deposit on either of them.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:56 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

That has been my guess. Third quarter of 2021, and even then I don't suspect things will be 'normal'. 

I agree. With the new vaccine(s) rolling out, my initial thought was April 2021 but considering the shear # of millions that would need to be vaccinated here in the U.S. and the current distribution capabilities of the vaccine companies, I'm now thinking 2nd half (July - Dec) of 2021.