Changes Announced for Captain's Club Member Benefits

EvoUSA

16 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Unless I am reading it wrong, these are now among the worst loyalty perks at sea.

To be fair, give the other lines some time.  I suspect X isn't going to be the last brand to devalue its loyalty program coming out of the pandemic.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Free scoop of gelato is still there....it starts at Select and is therefore included at the higher levels

It used to start at Classic ... oh my.  I am just reaching Select so I guess I will now get a free scoop of gelato .. oh wait I was already getting that.  Priceless.

OH wait, someone corrected that this is still Classic.  Still LOL.

Edited by poffles

13 minutes ago, mom says said:

Maybe I missed it, but did the cabin category upgrade disappear?

No it is still there under Classic.. and all higher tiers

"One pre-cruise category upgrade up to AquaClass® (based on availability)"    I cannot see any of the exception blurb about not valid on SVs though any more?

• Like 1

Summary of changes:

Downgrades:

• Removed Priority embarkation
  • Removed Access to the Retreat for Zenith
  • Removed Senior Officers Party
  • Removed the Backstage Tour
  • Removed Elegant Tea
  • Removed the nightly cocktail party - remaining benefit worthless under Always Included
  • Negated value of the daily coffee lounge
  • Negated value of the specialty coffee in specialty restaurant
  • Negated value of the free specialty coffee package for elite plus
  • Negated value of the free internet minutes and discounts
  • Removed free fitness class for Elite Plus

Upgrades:

• Improved the spa discount - now multi use
  • Increased discounts on photo packages
  • Increased the discount on premium wines
  • Added "Sneak Peek of Wonder" (only on the Apex)
  • Added the "Create and Pour" event (only on Edge class)
  • Added discounted $35 dry clean and press package

Basically, there is no longer any benefit to being "Elite".

Unless you spend a lot of money at the spa and on photo packages, and you hate parties.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, for Elite I don't see any difference.  I guess Elite Plus and Zenith you guys must have had some really good perks taken away to all bent like you guys are.  MC??  Did they hand out gold in there? Its just a room with free drinks?  And we're ending a RELATIONSHIP because of that?  More power to you guys!!  I cruise because of the experience and I stay with RCCL and Celebrity because I like the experience  they have given me over the last 20 years, any loyalty perks I get I am grateful for.  

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?......maybe not appropriate, I don't know.

Edited by whitshel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's very clear that this reinforces the revenue enhancements that Celebrity have been focused on for a while. You can't blame them. After all they are a business that is answerable to its shareholders. This however made me 🙄 as regards Zenith:

This special guest will also now have the opportunity to take part in an interview with our cruise director that will air on our in-stateroom televisions.

This says it all about the whole thing. We'll enhance your membership by wheeling you in front of the camera for some free advertising for us. Not bloomin' likely thanks very much!

Phil 

Well said I am assuming we can say no thank you (being polite, would actually like to say something far far stronger).  I am sure some will relish in their "celebrity status" so enough will say yes but I expect several will think like us Phil

Old saying " Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

Some of these benefits (Elite Happy Hour in the Lounge, Senior Officers Party, Elegant Tea, Backstage Tour, priority boarding) would have not been feasible until cruising returns with no limitations, masks, social distancing limits on size of gatherings.  

The only E+ benefits we used were wi-fi on short cruises, priority tendering and  laundry.  Most of our cruises have been 10+ days and B2B so the addition of 8 pieces of dry cleaning for $35 and pressing of 1 bag of laundry for $ are great for us and we will use them

• Like 1

I think this is the end of loyalty to a single cruise line. The CEO, Lisa will be fine with it. Someone will wake up some day and look at what she has done to X. Without loyalty the ships will not be full, price will drop. X profits will fall and RC's Mr. Fein will respond and try someone new. Almost everything she has tried has not gone well. The only thing that has been good has been adding more women to the Brand. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, schuddle said:

Summary of changes:

Downgrades:

• Removed Priority embarkation

It is interesting how priority embarkation disappeared (with priority tender service and shipboard departure lounge remaining as elite benefits) and wasn't phrased as a COVID-19 cutback, unlike removing Zenith access to the Retreat.

43 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Hmmm, for Elite I don't see any difference.  I guess Elite Plus and Zenith you guys must have had some really good perks taken away to all bent like you guys are.  MC??  Did they hand out gold in there? Its just a room with free drinks?  And we're ending a RELATIONSHIP because of that?  More power to you guys!!  I cruise because of the experience and I stay with RCCL and Celebrity because I like the experience  they have given me over the last 20 years, any loyalty perks I get I am grateful for.  

Agree!! 2 hour cocktail 5-7 , bag of laundry, internet for 2. Special breakfast room

Etc. etc. still there

Queen Lisa has been building to this point for six years.   She was brought in from RCL to hatchet the spending.  That was her job over there. Maybe we should call her Hatchet Lisa?  She's been very successful at Celebrity doing the same. However this should be nothing unexpected based upon her track record especially in these trying times of non sailing. 

I do hope there are enough millennial and Gen-X'rs that don't realize the differences so they stay loyal to Celebrity.  This way they won't clog the premium cruise line's ships which would make it more difficult to get better rates. 🤣

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

We are elite plus and am confused about the internet privilege.  We normally just use the free internet that they provide.  We travel as a couple.   Can someone help explain what this means

Always Included Internet

With Always Included, every cruise booking will now include a Surf Wifi package per person, up to two devices per stateroom. We’ve adjusted the previous Captain’s Club internet discount of 10% – 35% to reflect these changes and provide exclusive value. Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to Stream package and for additional devices beyond the first two. The complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members will still be available to guests beyond the first two who do not have internet included.   If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% – 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members will still apply.  Zenith members will continue to enjoy a complimentary Stream internet package for one device in both scenarios. And if you book pre-cruise, your discount is combinable with the additional 10% pre-cruise advantage.

What does it mean beyond the first 2?  Does that mean if you travel as a family example 3 person then, only the 3rd person gets this complimentary internet.  Also, the list of perks that says elite plus includes 250 mins per sailing is also missing from the elite plus list.   

18 minutes ago, registrar said:

Agree!! 2 hour cocktail 5-7 , bag of laundry, internet for 2. Special breakfast room

Etc. etc. still there

I've never been loyal to one line but because I cruise frequently I'm Elite, Platinum, Diamond, etc. on most lines.  I will never book the all inclusive program, but right now it looks like most of the Elite benefits I currently enjoy are still there.  Not losing any sleep over this.

2 hours ago, danv3 said:

To be fair, give the other lines some time.  I suspect X isn't going to be the last brand to devalue its loyalty program coming out of the pandemic.

This will not make any difference to us.  We gave ALL our loyalty to Celebrity.

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's very clear that this reinforces the revenue enhancements that Celebrity have been focused on for a while. You can't blame them. After all they are a business that is answerable to its shareholders. This however made me 🙄 as regards Zenith:

This special guest will also now have the opportunity to take part in an interview with our cruise director that will air on our in-stateroom televisions.

This says it all about the whole thing. We'll enhance your membership by wheeling you in front of the camera for some free advertising for us. Not bloomin' likely thanks very much!

Phil 

Do you believe that many "Top Cruisers" would do a televised interview with the CD? I know that most Zeniths I know try to keep a low profile.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Orator said:

Do you believe that many "Top Cruisers" would do a televised interview with the CD? I know that most Zeniths I know try to keep a low profile.

That’s stupid idea.

I will be the first to turn down the offer.

Any one has brain will never go for it.

It had been a few times I didn’t even attend the welcome back celebration as TOP CRUISER.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pennstatedj said:

I think this is the end of loyalty to a single cruise line. The CEO, Lisa will be fine with it. Someone will wake up some day and look at what she has done to X. Without loyalty the ships will not be full, price will drop. X profits will fall and RC's Mr. Fein will respond and try someone new. Almost everything she has tried has not gone well. The only thing that has been good has been adding more women to the Brand. 

The day LLP took over from Hanrahan, Celebrity began to decline in our eyes.  Now it has hit the bottom with a thud.  We will be going elsewhere after our booked cruises are over.  Not even remotely interested in AI.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

The day LLP took over from Hanrahan, Celebrity began to decline in our eyes.  Now it has hit the bottom with a thud.  We will be going elsewhere after our booked cruises are over.  Not even remotely interested in AI.

You DON’T have to do all inclusive!!

5 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I believe that LLP replaced Bayley when he went to RCCL and Bayley replaced Hanrahan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

I am Elite plus but don’t really see any difference in perks other than the Sky Lounge  between 5-7pm.  Not sure what I am missing.

6 minutes ago, If only said:

I am Elite plus but don’t really see any difference in perks other than the Sky Lounge  between 5-7pm.  Not sure what I am missing.

That really sucks that Celebrity has decided to stop the evening event in the Sky Lounge for the top three tier levels. We have always enjoyed going to the Sky Lounge to have a couple of drinks and an appetizer before diner. Going to the other lounges during CC HH (5 - 7) to have a drink or two has always been an option in the past, so nothing new there. Now it will be the only option! 👎👎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

That really sucks that Celebrity has decided to stop the evening event in the Sky Lounge for the top three tier levels. We have always enjoyed going to the Sky Lounge to have a couple of drinks and an appetizer before diner. Going to the other lounges during CC HH (5 - 7) to have a drink or two has always been an option in the past, so nothing new there. Now it will be the only option! 👎👎

I agree it’s always been a great way to meet other cruisers.

• Like 4