Black Friday

Slyfox16

9 minutes ago, complawyer said:

whatever sale they  claim to be running for black friday, you can bet your a** you wont be saving any money. they love to jack up their prices and then claim a "SALE"

Exactly and throw shiny objects like free drink packages at you to muddy the waters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

whatever sale they  claim to be running for black friday, you can bet your a** you wont be saving any money. they love to jack up their prices and then claim a "SALE"

Unfortunately, absolutely correct. Please do your research, these new offers are totally NO DEAL!  I understand that NCL needs to make money after losing so much on so many cruises, however, being so deceptive is not, IMO, the way to win back/over future cruisers.  I'm so lucky that I booked future cruises early b/c what I've seen lately are just not acceptable. 

I hope NCL doesn't go bankrupt, but, if they do, it may very well be their own doing.  NCL customers are not stupid, they know a good deal or a bad deal when they see it.

Take care

• Like 2

13 hours ago, complawyer said:

Exactly ! But this is done by at least 85% of all the companies in the world that have any official offer for black friday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, complawyer said:

This is not necessarily true....

With this Thanksgiving Sale my current Bermuda cruise went down to $1019 as opposed to my original booked fare of $1229. So it will vary by sailing for sure.

Although I would lose the free gratuities but would gain WiFi and $50 excursions credit so its basically you win some you lose some. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

Just saved 200 bucks on the new 30% sale. Note: The new 30% off does not include Free Gratuities. Would of saved more if it was included. 

well that's great that you saved $200, but look at it this way,  take the cheapest cabin  possible (inside) at even $500 per person. that would be $1000 per couple, and unless its for a very short cruise, i dont see any cabins going that cheap. Nevertheless, 30% off is still $300.  the free gratuities was for a very limited time offering, so that you saved $200 doesnt seem like a great deal. 

im not knocking the savings, it's better than a stick in the eye, but if you take a closer look. ncl still isnt giving you anything to wave the flag over.  

i have the aft cabin with large balcony and master bedroom on the spirit in april, and the 2 bedroom deluxe family haven suite on the jade in july, and this promo didnt save me a dime,

i posted a thread last year when ncl ran the same deal, and all they did was up the prices on their cabins and the 30% just brought the prices down to the same level they were prior to the big sale.

anyway, if you're happy about the savings, that's all that counts.

my reponse isnt to be construed as sour grapes, but ive been sailing with ncl for the past 10 years (18 cruises), and they really dont give away ice cubes in winter

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

The free drinks package has been offered for many years. It's a default promo. Not sure how that muddies the waters. 

Because it makes people think they are getting something for nothing when in fact the line just incorporates the cost into the cruise price.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 9:20 PM, All-ready2cruise said:

Edited by Topdog52
Well I took a screen shot a month ago of a New England Cruise in Oct. of 2021. With this discount I could save $478 plus I will receive all 4 Free at Sea not just 2.
  • Like 1

I think the demand is super high and this is the reason cruising became so expensive. At the same time, I doubt it will last any longer this way. I really hope that cruising will finally become more affordable. Current prices have nothing to do with real economy 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, PhillyTravelBug said:

I did notice today that some itineraries have the second guest flies free along with the current offering. Mostly the extraordinary journeys (Africa, South America, Australia). 

We have an Africa cruise booked for 2023 (needed to apply a future cruise credit). Unfortunately, NCL has a terribly restrictive air program making this "second guest flies free promotion" worthless for us (otherwise it could have saved a big chunk since we need to fly to CapeTown. They really need to take a page from HAL and Princess when it comes to airfare inclusive trips.

Just got a call from someone at NCL wishing I'd come back with a 30% off offer and 5 for free. I looked at a 7 night Mexico sailing and was surprised at how expensive it was and the port fees were jacked up 3 times normal. The gratuity on FREE perks was over $300 so what's free about it. It seems so shady to me. I prefer the deals at Princess cruises to this. I liked the freestyle cruising but not at these rip offs.