11-19-2020 Thursday Weigh-In ...Holiday Meals..Less This Year?

Belle

Are you ready to eat less holiday food this year

Or will you eat more as the dates near

Seems so hard at the Holidays to stay away from the food

All the sights and smells and the food is so good

Plus this year 2020 gives us many reasons to eat

Try not to eat to many carbs or sweets

We can do it you know

Just open our mouths and say...NO

So wishing you had a good week and the scale shows it today

And also wishing you a good week for the one that's on it's way

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread. SO hard to say no to food, glorious food but I'm thinking about cutting out between meal snacking, just thinking at this time, but wondering how much of a difference it'd make in a week.

Anyhow the fact is I'm the same as last week, still a touch below 170 so that's good, but a long way from 150!

Have a good week & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hello,

Belle, thanks for our thread. 

I stayed the same. 

Jo, at least your under that number. I saw on last week's thread your Carnival cruise was cancelled for Feb. Bummer. 

Have a good day, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Good Morning all - I stayed the same, which I don't understand as I did not eat badly at all.  It is such slow going.  Looks like we are all in the same boat!!!

Jo - you and I are at the same place weight wise and I would love to get to 150 (or 155) ... I've gotten to the age where they say I should weigh a little more to be healthy ... I think that my weight now is almost healthy!!!!!  I have been 36# more and I have been 40# less.    Life is always interesting.

I will post about the quarantine later ... we should be ok, but I'm rechecking to double check.   Jan

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks for starting us Belle.

I'm up .5# from last week. So much for that 30# loss. 😆 I'm sure it's stress from all these double wedding weekends and hormones - nothing else has changed. I have a few weeks off after this weekend, so hopefully I drop a lot then.

Jo - Great staying under 170. I know snacking makes a huge difference for me. Cutting them out may be just what your body needs to jump start a loss. Sorry about your cruise.

Diana - You've been really consistent around your goal!

Jan - It can be so frustrating to stay the same when we do everything right. Hoping you have good news!

Edited by melmar02

You ALL did good last week holding your own. I did OK till yesterday.

I ate my emotions big time.  With all the news about cancelling the cruises

and not really knowing when any cruising will start. What the CDC is going to do.

Having a bunch of cruises booked (mostly free, which I will never get back)

So I ate yesterday my only hope is it came on in one day maybe it will go off fast.

I gained 2 pounds!:classic_ohmy:

Take care and be safe out there.

Jan, I know you want to lose. Keep at it, your hard work will pay off. 

Mel, .5 gain is so small. It'll come off soon. 

Belle, oops on your 2 lb. gain. It'll come off soon. All this craziness has an effect. Sadly, I don't think cruises look good for Spring but who knows. 

Diana

Oops. Forgot it was Thursday. No idea where I am weight wise but clothes still fitting. 

Belle & Diana, I agree that spring cruising is looking less and less likely but vaccines are looking more positive

Sorry you're up Belle.

Ombud, good that clothes aren't tight.

Well I made that turkey burger -sneak- in- the- zucchini- casserole dish tonight. My DD (Autistic and a super taster) was the one I was worried about. She noticed the green right away, and I told her it's less zucchini than what I put in zucchini apple muffins, which she loves. She ate about 3/4 of what was on her plate and said it wasn't her favorite, but it was good. I almost fell out of my chair! My DS on the other hand who eats any veggie we put in front of him hated it, and started crying. 🙄  

Mel, reading about your son crying over your dinner, poor guy. Glad it was ok with your daughter. Sounds like you'll have to do a makeup dinner for your son........Oh well, you tried. 

Belle, I read this morning on a news feed I get that Princess cancelled all cruise through March, 2021. Does that impact anything you had booked?

Diana

Belle & Diana, yes, I now have ANOTHER canceled cruise (May 2021 Enchanted Princess TA). Fortunately I only have 400 gift card payment on it so it won't be so nerve-wracking.  I think I might have inadvertently booked them in the right order. Australia 12/2021 & California 4/2022. Took the latest two I could out of San Francisco before the FCCs expire.  COME ON VACCINES!! 😷

Jo, congratulations on cracking 170!! I hope to someday 

Edited by Ombud
Mistyped Belle

Diana - fortunately I had some leftover spaghetti and meatballs for him. I think maybe it was too close to DH's actual turkey burger recipe, but wasn't quite it, so he was just really disappointed. Both the kids LOVE his turkey burgers.

Not sure what we're having tonight. We're thinking picking up something, but we also want it to be healthy so the options are pretty slim. What's everyone else having for dinner?

Diana.. Yes..Effects many cruises I had. They say till March 31st.  They lied.

They cancelled  the April cruises too and the my 3 Alaska cruises in  May

and Sept.  Holland cancelled my cruises in March too.

Only cruise left if goes is to Europe in July and August with my daughter. If it's safe.

It leaves from Rome so CDC has no control there.

So very sad now for myself had a good cruise year planned.  

I know Ombud and others are sad too that they got their cruises cancelled.

Just wonder why CDC isn't strict with other things like flying,  ect. Cruising

didn't start the virus.  No cruising in 8 months and the virus count higher than ever before.

It's people not wearing mask, keeping their distance and that "stupid man" in that house!

That's why counts not going down.

I know I and others will survive not cruising I hope the people working for the

cruise lines and the ports and the cruise lines themselves will survive. Prayers for all.

2020 has been a sad year for all especially for the ones who have lost family and friends

to the virus. 2021 will bring the vaccine and hope everyone will get it and everything

will get back to normal as we know it.

Afternoon everyone.

Diana yes I had lots of cruises and they were free. I just paid the taxes and insurance.

(really paid in the long run my gambling but then got free cruises so got my money back in a way

or I did but now cancelled)  That's life.

As sailing solo and having to pay double normally I was saving so much money

and getting to sail more. Just so sad I lost the chance to do the cruises. I'm still down, was looking

forward to the cruises like everyone else who had cruises booked. Will get over in in time.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We have made plans for Thanksgiving. Having it

Tuesday the 24th for lunch so we can eat outside. Daughter has to work Thanksgiving. Markets

have to stay open for people to buy the last minute stuff they forgot. She's the manager so

she's working. It will be fine main thing is to spend some safe time with the "kids".

Take care...Be safe

51 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm going through some stuff right now and unconsciously ate a box of cookies. Now I'm even more upset 😡 

Ugh - the guilt that follows stress eating is the worst! Tomorrow's a new day though. 

Belle - Glad you have made plans. Sorry your daughter has to work on Thanksgiving. 

I think we all are a little frustrated right now - Sorry about losing cruises Belle, I understand your feeling.  Glad you get to spend time with your family on Thanksgiving (its great that you can be outside!)

Ombud - I feel for you - yesterday I ate the rest of the ice cream in the carton!

Melmar - wonderful that you are lifting people (on this board) spirits!!!

So, my life (AKA If this is all I have to worry about then I am doing fine)  to reiterate - our son was here Monday, that morning he had been with a co-worker that had been with a client that had covid symptoms .... The co-worker ended up testing negative .... yeah!!!  that is wonderful!!!!

On Thursday our youngest son (same son) ... called to say that on Sunday when my DH was helping them get a futon from his husbands' family (yes, I know)  ... one of the family members that my DH was around has tested positive for covid.  Today DH and I had covid testing done .... that is not a fun test when they put the swab way up your nose.  We should know Monday or Tuesday is we have Covid.  I don't think we do ... although I have a cough and runny nose ... I have a lot of allergies and I do believe it is from that. 

My middle child (another son) didn't feel well this week and went and had a test yesterday ... It came back negative ... I am very relieved. He also has a lot of allergies.

Oh and everyone needs to promise not to say a word ... but, my daughter is going to have a baby .... too soon to talk about ... but, I want to make sure that everything is safe.  She will tell the family at Christmas.   (I want a girl - but, just so excited for this!!!).

I think that is it for this evening .... we all live such interesting/wonderful lives .... hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 1

Jan, that little ray of sunshine is soooo needed!! Congrats. And hoping your test for covid stays negative. It's hard to know who it's safe to be around 

Curfew starts in 3 hrs

And yes, I have to figure out how to deal with 'something' without resorting to food or wine. 

I  know we all have things to be thankful for but this is a trying time for us all.

It seems the Virus will never end, counts going higher and higher.....

The Election seems like it will never end with all the stuff going on.

Winter coming and the Holidays will not be the same.

Only thing ending is the cruises we want

It's making us all lose our zip for life, our happiness in a way. Taking so much out of us

and making us worry about our families and ourselves.

Yes Ombud all this stress is making it hard to eat healthy and not want sugar. Mine is

Ice Cream like Jan. We all understand.

Jan sorry your going though the stress of the Virus. I know the test is weird, hurts but

it doesn't. Glad sons are negative.  I'm sure you 2 are fine too.

Congrats on your daughter having a baby. Won't tell anyone.  Just make sure she is really careful out there.

Mel yes stress eating is hard but as you say there's tomorrow. Even though we all have had

our times with eating, We've done good and haven't gained as others out there.

Thanks for understanding about the cruises. Being alone cruises is one thing I really look forward

too. Having Thanksgiving on Tuesday is fine. Main thing is seeing the kids safely.

Edited by Belle

Jan, that little ray of sunshine is soooo needed!! Congrats. And hoping your test for covid stays negative. It's hard to know who it's safe to be around 

Curfew starts in 3 hrs

And yes, I have to figure out how to deal with 'something' without resorting to food or wine. 

Belle, glad you're having Thanksgiving with your kids on Tuesday. Such a bummer we can't travel. Now so bad as we can't go anywhere or do anything, everything is closed. Blah. 

Jan, crossing my fingers you and your hubby get a negative test. Congrats on the grandbaby, that is great news!

Ombud, hopefully you can find some other way to deal with the stress. But, a package of cookies is not going to spoil your hard work you've accomplished so far.

Yesterday hubby and I went to the grocery store to get a few things as it was close to the restaurant where we got takeout for dinner.

It was a little scary, so many people. Fortunately we were only there for 4 items and were in and out in 5 minutes. Went through the self-check out and no line. 

No shopping anywhere for us until after the holiday, just too many people. 

Have a nice day. Diana

Hello All on this Sunday.

Diana thanks.  Yes world as we know it is not doing good and or doesn't exist

right now.  So sad people can't wear masks stay home awhile and things will

get better until the vaccine is available. Don't they see the numbers of cases and deaths.

Just wait till after the Holidays with people traveling.

Just don't understand people at this time.

Did you read what the CDC did. Put cruising level up to a 4.  To many cases on ships.

USA hasn't had cruises since March. Where did they get the numbers. They can't

count Europe plus Europe hasn't had that many. I really think someone in CDC has things against

cruises. There is so many other places and things they should be stricter with. Don't get it.

Know they want safety but it should be on everything not just cruises.

My vent and opinion for the day.

Is it the weekend or just everything getting everyone down no one is talking very much.

OK we need more zip and laughter in here. Good news like Jan getting a Grandchild.

Anyone have anything to report?  I have something....don't faint....now with all this time

at home coming......wait for it.....................I might clean out some closets and drawers!:classic_ohmy::classic_laugh:

Take care and be safe:classic_smile:

Congratulations Jan! 

Diana, I try to avoid the grocery store the week of a holiday too. Too many people out!

Belle, I've been in the kitchen all weekend. I had my last double wedding for a few weeks this weekend. My next wedding is Dec 19... two weddings on the same day. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I booked them both. 🤪 

I have to share today's groom's cake. I love when the couple wants something that reflects their lives - he works for Southwest Airlines, but I believe it speaks to all of us travel enthusiasts. 

I'm taking the kids back to the zoo tomorrow. It's going to be pretty chilly all day, so hopefully it won't be crowded. 

20201122_142239.jpg

• Like 2