MSC Meraviglia-sailings 11/21/21 - 02/27/21 from Miami are gone! :-(

monsterl

1 hour ago, monsterl said:

Following the cancellations of the Divina from/to Miami in November 2021 - March 2022 (see here), all MSC Meraviglia-Sailings 11/21/21 - 02/27/21 from/to Miami are now also removed from the booking systems. 

Anyone here affected? 

Nevermind the question, I missed that the cancellations begin Nov '21.

Where did you see this?

We would be affected.

gary

Edited by gtaylor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Nevermind the question, I missed that the cancellations begin Nov '21.

I think that's a typo because the OP has it listed from Nov '21 - Feb '21, which would be going backwards. So is the Nov '21 correct and it should be through Feb '22, or is the Feb '21 correct and it should be from Nov '20?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MSC moved my Dec 2021 Meraviglia cruise to Seashore without notification. Seashore looks nice but the new itinerary is not and goes to the same old Caribbean ports. Been there done that. I have mixed feeling about the unannounced switch and haven't decided to cancel or not.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:09 AM, sidari said:

I read somewhere that Meraviglia will move to Port Canaveral

Yes, the Meravigila will be moving to Port Canaveral in November of 2021 and staying at least through April of 2022 doing 3/4/7 night cruises per management at MSC that contacted me.

Bret

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Yes, the Meravigila will be moving to Port Canaveral in November of 2021 and staying at least through April of 2022 doing 3/4/7 night cruises per management at MSC that contacted me.

Bret

Source, please.

We have a Oct 21 sailing booked and it's getting near to time to book air. I'd hate to book flights into the wrong airport/city. 

20 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

I like that news!  I would enjoy sailing on Meraviglia again and particularly from Port Canaveral.  I do NOT care for the Port of Miami!

1 hour ago, Pushkin said:

We are booked on the Meraviglia for 2/20/2021.  I haven't heard anything from MSC or TA.  Just made final payment a week ago!  Now I'll probably have to wait two months to get my money back!

I hope that your money will be promptly refunded.  But, I really don't understand why people continue to send money to any cruise line for sailings that are not going to realistically sail.  

2 hours ago, Pushkin said:

We are booked on the Meraviglia for 2/20/2021.  I haven't heard anything from MSC or TA.  Just made final payment a week ago!  Now I'll probably have to wait two months to get my money back!

The February cruises on Mera out of Miami have not been cancelled yet. She is not moving to Port Canaveral until end of 2021. 

On 11/22/2020 at 10:44 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

Hey Bret

Those are short- so sad that Merav would be stuck in the Bahamas rut

We have a B2B on her in YC (fingers crossed it sails) 

Any idea what that itinerary includes. To do B2B again it sounds liked it has to be B2B2B for 14 days...

or we'd have to choose a different ship from Miami...

On 11/23/2020 at 12:22 PM, Bgwest said:

Source, please.

Per a Manager in the Sales Department at MSC.

8 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Any idea what that itinerary includes. To do B2B again it sounds liked it has to be B2B2B for 14 days...

Take a look at what the Divina is doing in October 2021. I believe those will be the itineraries she is taking over.

Bret

• Thanks 1

I just logged in to see my Jan 30 - Feb 13 2022 Meraviglia cruise and was very confused, my itinerary changed, the cabin I selected was now guaranteed... I never got an email or anything! Then I looked closer and see it will be on the Seashore instead. The whole thing is a bit ironic since my Dec 2020 cruise was switched from Seaside to Meraviglia before being cancelled. I had thought 2022 would be "safe" to travel again... I'm ok with the ship change though I preferred the Sunday departure, the new itinerary isn't as much fun but I guess it will do. I just wish they had sent me an email or something! given me a choice? They did with the other one. 

I'll admit I have been not paying attention to much of anything cruise related other than things keep getting cancelled further out, but I guess I should. I had logged in to see if there were any excursions showing up yet. 

We have a February cruise out of Miami booked on the Armonia, I too am wondering if it will be "a go," got a great deal, but who knows, we all continue to wait and see. To date I have not seen anything about cancellations in February but afraid to get too hopeful.

Our November 13, 2021 -15 day cruise on Meraviglia has disappeared. Now looks like Seashore, departing Nov 20. Not same ports at all. Crap.

have not heard a word from MSC, just saw someone on our RollCall notice the change.  Now, trying to decide what to do....? 
Wow, just when we finally got our money back from cruise cancelled in May🙄

7 hours ago, sfaaa said:

When MSC moves your ship and itinerary, it is supposed to give you a cabin upgrade or OBC. We shall see.

Looks like interior and ocean view get upgrades...everyone else get OBC, depending on length of cruise and cabin booked. YC, booked for 2 weeks get $200 per cabin. 

6 hours ago, cellfree said:

We have a February cruise out of Miami booked on the Armonia, I too am wondering if it will be "a go," got a great deal, but who knows, we all continue to wait and see. To date I have not seen anything about cancellations in February but afraid to get too hopeful.

We also have February 8th on Armonia  before we embark Meraviglia on the 13th, We live in the UK and at the moment our Government has a full cruise ban in place and we are in Lockdown due to Corona Virus, MSC cancelled all the European sailings for UK guests as we cant cruise but we have heard nothing about USA sailings even though we are not allowed as UK citizens to fly into and enter the USA . I am totally fed up with MSC as they leave decisions so last minute and refunds take so long we are already awaiting 2 refunds and its been over 4 months 

• Like 1

so this morning I rang MSC UK as online it would not let me book 13th feb cruise I was told its because those sailings are "under review"  and the gist from the customer service rep was  not that they actually said in so many words but was basically dont risk booking its not gonna happen which is no surprise I just wish MSC would make a decision and not leave us hanging they tend to only cancel one month in advance which is very frustrating  

• Like 1