MSC Meraviglia-sailings 11/21/21 - 02/27/21 from Miami are gone! :-(

monsterl

9 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

We also have February 8th on Armonia  before we embark Meraviglia on the 13th, We live in the UK and at the moment our Government has a full cruise ban in place and we are in Lockdown due to Corona Virus, MSC cancelled all the European sailings for UK guests as we cant cruise but we have heard nothing about USA sailings even though we are not allowed as UK citizens to fly into and enter the USA . I am totally fed up with MSC as they leave decisions so last minute and refunds take so long we are already awaiting 2 refunds and its been over 4 months 

It would have been a wonderful trip, anticipation is half the fun, so sorry as it involves so much planning for you and then the un-planning part. We have been on several MSC ships out of Miami with UK cruisers and have had wonderful times. We are very blessed to live in Florida so for me it has been the booking and re-booking track for several months now, longer than I anticipated! And yes the waiting for refunds or the FCC is another "drama" to deal with. But it really is with many of the cruise lines and I have had some back and forth with Airlines as well. MSC we feel has a great product but have found their Accounting people who are apparently in Switzerland do need help of some kind.

On 11/27/2020 at 11:18 AM, MamatoJack said:

I just logged in to see my Jan 30 - Feb 13 2022 Meraviglia cruise and was very confused, my itinerary changed, the cabin I selected was now guaranteed... I never got an email or anything! Then I looked closer and see it will be on the Seashore instead. The whole thing is a bit ironic since my Dec 2020 cruise was switched from Seaside to Meraviglia before being cancelled. I had thought 2022 would be "safe" to travel again... I'm ok with the ship change though I preferred the Sunday departure, the new itinerary isn't as much fun but I guess it will do. I just wish they had sent me an email or something! given me a choice? They did with the other one. 

I'll admit I have been not paying attention to much of anything cruise related other than things keep getting cancelled further out, but I guess I should. I had logged in to see if there were any excursions showing up yet. 

Thank you very much for posting about your experience. We were booked on the 2.20.22 Meriviglia and I would not have known about the ship and date switch except for your post.

May I ask how you are resolving this? And did you get the same price and any onboard credit on the revised itinerary?

On 11/22/2020 at 10:44 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

Yes, the Meravigila will be moving to Port Canaveral in November of 2021 and staying at least through April of 2022 doing 3/4/7 night cruises per management at MSC that contacted me.

Bret

Today i tried the Canadian and the US sites. Put in Carribean for February and March 2022 from Port Canaveral.

Both sites came up with "No results  according to your search criteria please try again"  

I can't believe that  14 and 15 months respectively every single sailing for 2 months from Canaveral is completely sold out. 

Are they definitely still using Canaveral as a port?

On 12/5/2020 at 7:27 PM, Match Game 72 said:

Thank you very much for posting about your experience. We were booked on the 2.20.22 Meriviglia and I would not have known about the ship and date switch except for your post.

May I ask how you are resolving this? And did you get the same price and any onboard credit on the revised itinerary?

I still haven't heard back from the email enquiry I sent, I suspect I will have to call and see what's going on. It's just a busy time of year to spend time on hold. My price has not changed with the ship change, however it would have been nice to get something for the switch! 

• Like 1

I still haven't received an email regarding my cancelled trip on the Meraviglia for 1/16/21. My booking number no longer exists on their website, and in the top right corner it says 40 days until you sail - but then there is no actual trip under my account.

I reached out to them via email, and their response: "Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises. It might be easier to discuss details via a phone, please give us a call at 877-665-4655."

That sounds ominous...

I'm just trying to confirm from them directly that I have no cruise before I go and fight with the airlines for a credit that I'll never get to use. At least our flight from JFK to Miami was dirt cheap if we end up losing that.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

I still haven't received an email regarding my cancelled trip on the Meraviglia for 1/16/21. My booking number no longer exists on their website, and in the top right corner it says 40 days until you sail - but then there is no actual trip under my account.

I reached out to them via email, and their response: "Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises. It might be easier to discuss details via a phone, please give us a call at 877-665-4655."

That sounds ominous...

I'm just trying to confirm from them directly that I have no cruise before I go and fight with the airlines for a credit that I'll never get to use. At least our flight from JFK to Miami was dirt cheap if we end up losing that.

We have not heard anything about our 7th February cruise or our 13th February cruise , We have flights booked to Miami from the UK and we cant get a refund , we are not even sure by February we will even be allowed to enter the USA to take a land holiday instead,  we may end up losing all our money over £1000

1 hour ago, glittergal1 said:

We have not heard anything about our 7th February cruise or our 13th February cruise , We have flights booked to Miami from the UK and we cant get a refund , we are not even sure by February we will even be allowed to enter the USA to take a land holiday instead,  we may end up losing all our money over £1000

That is terrible. If you end up being forced to take a land holiday let us know. I'm sure there are many forum members who are familiar with Florida area and would be more than happy to help you put together something last minute. 

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That is terrible. If you end up being forced to take a land holiday let us know. I'm sure there are many forum members who are familiar with Florida area and would be more than happy to help you put together something last minute. 

thank you , we dont mind taking a land holiday Ive already done lots of research for if we can  I didnt realise how close Grand Bahama is too  I actually got quite excited looking at alternatives to a cruise My fear  though is that we still wont be allowed to enter the USA . Unfortunately we booked flights with Delta Airlines and they only fly to the US from the UK so even though we can change our flight destination it doesnt help as we are not American citizens  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

thank you , we dont mind taking a land holiday Ive already done lots of research for if we can  I didnt realise how close Grand Bahama is too  I actually got quite excited looking at alternatives to a cruise My fear  though is that we still wont be allowed to enter the USA . Unfortunately we booked flights with Delta Airlines and they only fly to the US from the UK so even though we can change our flight destination it doesnt help as we are not American citizens  

This will not be a popular post and I am sure I will be immediately attacked, but I am giving you an on the ground report of the situation here in Florida.

Covid 19 is out of control in Florida. There are no statewide pandemic controls and local municipalities or businesses are hamstrung in putting in place any controls by the state government. 

Projection of case numbers by a local University of South Florida MD/epidemiologist projects 15,000 new cases a day by the middle of January.

We hit 10,000 new cases one day last week.

There is no realistic ways that the disease will be brought under control in the next few months and that cruising will start again from Florida ports anytime soon.

Various cruise lines have cancelled cruises from Florida for January and February or March.

I expect cruises in April and, perhaps May, to follow suit.

While we will hopefully have a vaccine soon, it will take time to vaccinate anyone who will be willing to have the immunization.

Florida state government has already stated that immunization will not be mandatory. To paraphrase Blanche DuBois, we will be "depended in the intelligence of strangers" to decide to be immunized.

So the question is, even if you are allowed to fly into Florida, are you willing to play Covid roulette?

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

This will not be a popular post and I am sure I will be immediately attacked, but I am giving you an on the ground report of the situation here in Florida.

Covid 19 is out of control in Florida. There are no statewide pandemic controls and local municipalities or businesses are hamstrung in putting in place any controls by the state government. 

Projection of case numbers by a local University of South Florida MD/epidemiologist projects 15,000 new cases a day by the middle of January.

There is no realistic ways that the disease will be brought under control in the next few months and that cruising will start again from Florida ports anytime soon.

Various cruise lines have cancelled cruises from Florida for January and February or March.

While we will hopefully have a vaccine soon, it will take time to vaccinate anyone who will be willing to have the immunization.

Florida state government has already stated that immunization will not be mandatory. To paraphrase Blanche DuBois, we will be "depended in the intelligence of strangers" to decide to be immunized.

So the question is, even if you are allowed to fly into Florida, are you willing to play Covid roulette?

Thanks for your view , and in answer to you NO we dont want to fly to Florida  we dont really want to come to the US  at all if we can fly into the USA then the only place we would go is Delaware to see friends, we would however much prefer a refund or dont even mind an  e credit that we could actually use 

And your post and views are what is happening in much of the US  from whats been reported which is why I am angry with Delta in not allowing us a refund or an extension on an e credit into the Autumn of 2021 or early 2022  . We basically at the moment have a worthless  ticket as we are not allowed entry into the USA even if we wanted to , to us over £1000 is a lot of money to lose unfortunately we might not have much choice on the matter and just have to right it off 

9 hours ago, Homosassa said:

This will be the first Winter in several years that I won't be spending any money to support the economy and the good citizens of Florida.  I am not alone, I suspect.  

2022 is coming when I think the citizens of Florida will have an opportunity to make a judgement on the decisions of their State government officials during this pandemic.  Ohio is in the same position regarding our Governor's decisions during the pandemic.

Governor DeSantis's and Governor DeWine's actions have been about as opposite as they could be for their States.

The next two years will be interesting ones.  

On 12/8/2020 at 1:48 PM, glittergal1 said:

Unfortunately we booked flights with Delta Airlines and they only fly to the US from the UK so even though we can change our flight destination it doesnt help as we are not American citizens  

Can you try to get someone on the phone to see if they'll let you rebook through one of their partner sites (Alitalia, Virgin Atlantic, KLM, Air France, etc)? The other option is to wait for them to potentially change the flight on you. If they change the flights, you're often entitled to a cancellation/rebooking without fees - even if it's just a minor change most times.

Just doing a quick search for flights out of London on Delta, you could fly to San Juan PR, Punta Cana DR, Aruba, Tokyo.... lots of places. Why do you think your only option is to fly to the US for your holiday?

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Can you try to get someone on the phone to see if they'll let you rebook through one of their partner sites (Alitalia, Virgin Atlantic, KLM, Air France, etc)? The other option is to wait for them to potentially change the flight on you. If they change the flights, you're often entitled to a cancellation/rebooking without fees - even if it's just a minor change most times.

Just doing a quick search for flights out of London on Delta, you could fly to San Juan PR, Punta Cana DR, Aruba, Tokyo.... lots of places. Why do you think your only option is to fly to the US for your holiday?

Because when I searched using their search tool it only gave me US options, and when I asked them on Twitter they could give me no alternatives  isnt San Juan PR a US territory ? so we cant go there and when I searched Aruba it stopped in the USA on the way so that would be no good either  

can you please post the link to the search for all of the places you found because I only had this one 

https://dl.fltmaps.com/en where you can search destinations routes 

We had a 12/29/21 4 day cruise booked on Divina. Which we were really excited about!!! That cruise is no longer there and we were moved to a 7 day cruise during Christmas. Our cabin was not upgraded and no obc added. Most upsetting is we have not been notified. They are adding new itineraries and moving ships around. We will wait for the dust to settle and notification to be received then cancel the cruise. Since Christmas cruise is not desirable for us. We certainly understand cruises canceled due to Covid but these self inflicted cancellations by MSC are get very annoying. 

11 hours ago, kidless said:

We had a 12/29/21 4 day cruise booked on Divina. Which we were really excited about!!! That cruise is no longer there and we were moved to a 7 day cruise during Christmas. Our cabin was not upgraded and no obc added. Most upsetting is we have not been notified. They are adding new itineraries and moving ships around. We will wait for the dust to settle and notification to be received then cancel the cruise. Since Christmas cruise is not desirable for us. We certainly understand cruises canceled due to Covid but these self inflicted cancellations by MSC are get very annoying. 

I agree that most of the late 2020 to early 2021 cruises will likely be cancelled, as covid is still out of control.

In terms of MSC contacting you, all I can write is "LOL".  I was on a 4 night out of Barcelona.  They changed it to 20+ nights out of Brazil, changed every port and even changed the date.  Yep, no notification whatsoever.  Just happened to notice when I reviewed my booking.

Just this week, they change the ship of a cruise out of Rome, moved it a week or so earlier (I had a hotel but fortunately it's refundable) and cancelled my cabin, moving me into a GUAR.  Yep, once again, zero notification.

20 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

Because when I searched using their search tool it only gave me US options, and when I asked them on Twitter they could give me no alternatives  isnt San Juan PR a US territory ? so we cant go there and when I searched Aruba it stopped in the USA on the way so that would be no good either  

can you please post the link to the search for all of the places you found because I only had this one 

https://dl.fltmaps.com/en where you can search destinations routes 

If you're just using NY as a connecting center to fly somewhere else, there is no quarantine required of you. So just find a flight that goes through NY and you can continue on anywhere. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory#:~:text=Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order,of their last contact

5 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you're just using NY as a connecting center to fly somewhere else, there is no quarantine required of you. So just find a flight that goes through NY and you can continue on anywhere. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory#:~:text=Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order,of their last contact

Thanks but as we are flying from the UK we are still unable to to enter the US for a holiday , We also wouldnt want a connecting flight as direct flights of 10 hours are bad enough .

We just want options for us to fly somewhere non US . Do you have the link to the search you mentioned previous please ?

Yesterday we had some luck with delta as they have updated their terms and agreed to an E credit we can use upto February 2022  so we are thrilled with this as we have 2 weeks holiday in June free as weve moved that planned cruise to 2022, so maybe if Covid has died down and its safe and  we are allowed we will go then if not it will be February 2022

Just happy now we have not lost a lot of money

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I agree that most of the late 2020 to early 2021 cruises will likely be cancelled, as covid is still out of control.

In terms of MSC contacting you, all I can write is "LOL".  I was on a 4 night out of Barcelona.  They changed it to 20+ nights out of Brazil, changed every port and even changed the date.  Yep, no notification whatsoever.  Just happened to notice when I reviewed my booking.

Just this week, they change the ship of a cruise out of Rome, moved it a week or so earlier (I had a hotel but fortunately it's refundable) and cancelled my cabin, moving me into a GUAR.  Yep, once again, zero notification.

We here in the UK would benefit from the update on cancellations that have been made for early 2021 that have been updated on the US website since December 3rd here in the UK NOT a single word about it 

On 12/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, Homosassa said:

Your post is full of, how should I say this nicely, BS.  Florida is running a positive rate of 7%-8%.  We are testing over 100,000 people per day.  That's where the numbers come from.  Hospitalizations are actually down by half of what they were in July, from 10,000 to 4,000 now.  On top of that Florida is wide open, visitors are flocking down here in droves to escape the lockdowns in their states, and we have the highest elderly population in the US.

If you have a problem with what we are doing, you can go back to a lockdown state.

One other item, I read that half the restaurants in NYC are expected to permanently close.  Think about the hardship from that.

Edited by KennyFla
  • Like 1

Kenny, your data source or math is a little off !!!

Data last updated: 12/10/2020 5:48 PM EDT

Total COVID-19 Positive:

All Florida COVID-19 Deaths:

New Cases Today: 11,335

New persons tested today: 60,128

New Deaths Reported Today:  135

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Kenny, your data source or math is a little off !!!

Data last updated: 12/10/2020 5:48 PM EDT

Total COVID-19 Positive:

All Florida COVID-19 Deaths:

New Cases Today: 11,335

New persons tested today: 60,128

New Deaths Reported Today:  135

Not sure where you get your data, from the Florida Dept of health, there were 139,689 tests released yesterday, 11,234 were positive giving a rate of 8.04%.

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Mine are from COVID Action site, run by the Lady who was fired from her job for not massaging the figures and now has had her home raided by the state.

Are you serious?  If so, these types of actions remind me of what took place in Germany in the 1930's.