New vaccine

hollyjess

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Not sure that I follow that logic!

Which would you have..........70% of top 4 group people taking the vaccine and spare supplies in all areas,or nearly 100% take up of vaccine and some areas running short which will extend their finish date a week or two later?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Just had my NHS vaccination invite letter this morning I am in the Over 65’s group, my wife in same group hasn’t, but of course could be a postal delay.

Even if you are in the same group they send the letters out in order of age, my letter came a week before my Wife's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

my husband is 69  and has heard nothing. To be honest, I’m finding it slightly disconcerting, as everywhere else seems to be cracking on.

Has anybody in Kent or Medway got any news? 

Please ring 119 and query it for your husband . :classic_smile:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That’s a good point Harry.  
I’ll pass that on to her 

If all else fails, as a last resort he could keep isolating and after three weeks a blood test should show whether he has any antibodies or not.

Avril

Just read your post about your friends blood test. I must learn to read the thread to the end before replying😏

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Which would you have..........70% of top 4 group people taking the vaccine and spare supplies in all areas,or nearly 100% take up of vaccine and some areas running short which will extend their finish date a week or two later?

Neither. I’d rather have 100% take up and no shortages, which is surely what everyone would want. Clearly that was unlikely to happen, as we were warned that vaccine supplies would be the biggest challenge, but we are surely allowed to wish for it? I think you have incorrectly made the assumption that I was being critical. I wasn’t. The roll out has been superb. I was just stating the facts as reported. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Please ring 119 and query it for your husband . :classic_smile:

The news outlets are reporting that letters for the over 65s are going out next week. In theory at the advanced age of 69;he should be one of the first.  I will wait for the time being, but if I still feel that nothing is happening I will ring them.

thanks for the suggestion 👍

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

The news outlets are reporting that letters for the over 65s are going out next week. In theory at the advanced age of 69;he should be one of the first.  I will wait for the time being, but if I still feel that nothing is happening I will ring them.

thanks for the suggestion 👍

Your welcome just have husbands  NHS Number handy .

I rang as I knew the underlying health over 65 was due and as our Drs were not doing 

the Jabs it was on their advice that I rang them . Our  Drs patients were under a GP Hub 

working with other practices for the covid jab . The Guy I got through to after about 12 mins

Said (after I tried to apologise for ringing up) "We don't mind  please ring if you think you are

due, you are helping us to clear any that could be missed out "

Upshot was 2 hrs later I got a text  asking me to book from a choice of local vaccination 

Hubs nearby .. Good luck hope this helps .:classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

My card does not have my name on it, or anywhere to put my name.  It has the name of the drug - AZ - and Batch no and date.  Just imagine the number of people who are going to lose this small card.

We were given our cards by the doctor after he had given us our jabs.  It had our name, drug name, batch number and date. I don't suppose it matters if the card gets lost, it will be on their records. It will take up more time though when going for their second jabs. Needless to say ours are kept nice and safe with our passports.

Avril

• Like 3

Got my letter this morning (65 - 70) age group. Straight on to the web site, and after putting in all the information was told I was ineligible.  Rang 119 - got through quite quickly. Was told that the system had not been updated, and when he tried to make an appointment for me, got the same refusal.

All very frustrating. Hopefully the surgery will ring through with an appointment in the next few days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Interesting that you have not been asked for that info where you are, but it is clear from this thread that whilst everywhere is working through the 9 groups in order, different areas, and even different surgeries within areas, are adopting different approaches within each group. It may, of course, purely be for data gathering purposes and have no bearing on the prioritisation within each group, but none of us can say either way for certain. I just hadn’t heard anyone mention previously that they had been contacted regarding ethnicity information and given the concerns that are being raised about low take up in BAME communities I was wondering if some areas are trying to address that. 

I didn't say that the ethnicity was not being collected locally.  What I said was that they were not priororitising people by ethnicity.  To do so would be a change and would be announced.

Annoying for people encountering glitches

I understand your frustration but hang on in there - you’ll get yours soon and I promise you’re not missing out on any fun.  We jabbed ones are plodding along just like before, except feeling a little bit more secure

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Got my letter this morning (65 - 70) age group. Straight on to the web site, and after putting in all the information was told I was ineligible.  Rang 119 - got through quite quickly. Was told that the system had not been updated, and when he tried to make an appointment for me, got the same refusal.

All very frustrating. Hopefully the surgery will ring through with an appointment in the next few days.

After Frank got his letter from the NHS he decided to wait, and the invite from our doctor came the following week, including one for me as well. Shouldn't be long now wowzz🤞

Avril

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

I had my jab on 1st Feb, and 2 days ago got the NHS letter!!

😄 I know. We had ours on the 6th and Frank got his 2nd letter for his 1st jab on Tuesday, and I got mine the day after. Making sure they haven't missed anyone is a good thing though.

Avril

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

After Frank got his letter from the NHS he decided to wait, and the invite from our doctor came the following week, including one for me as well. Shouldn't be long now wowzz🤞

Avril

Quite happy to wait, but it does seem less than ideal to send out a letter prematurely. Personally, I would prefer to book online, as that way I can book my second appointment at the same time, whereas that is not the case if I book through the surgery.

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks for the heads up on this Eglesbrech. I wasn't aware of the lowering of supplies across the UK until you mentioned it. Just had a message from the hub WhatsApp group to say "Urgent meeting at 11 am. Supplies disrupted. Be prepared to contact patients". And it was all going so well! Thanks again. Jane.x

I hope this does not add too much to your already heavy workload. 

Just now, wowzz said:

Quite happy to wait, but it does seem less than ideal to send out a letter prematurely. Personally, I would prefer to book online, as that way I can book my second appointment at the same time, whereas that is not the case if I book through the surgery.

The second appointment time isn't guaranteed though. Our doctor said that we would be contacted between 10 to 12 weeks,  with a pencilled in date from mid April, ''if everything runs to form'' 

Avril

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Same happened to us ☹️

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I booked online Wowzz and it gave me todays date and choice of times in ten minutes 

increments . To avoid  the morning rush traffic ,I chose 9:20 am slot . once chosen the 

site then switched to what to do to cancel and also sent a text message to my phone

to confirm my appointment  .It did not give me the option to book the 2nd Jab . 

After my jab this morning the nurse said they will contact me again in 10-12 weeks

time to let me book my next appointment . I think this is how most jab booking systems 

will work . As for your letter if you are booking online just check each day as it will allow 

you to book one day soon .

• Like 2

There seems to be differences between areas, my 70 year old COPD sufferer brother in law has not been called yet but my 67 year old husband has his first jab tomorrow.  B-I-L is in Melbourne Leicestershire, we are in Stoke. 

There are also seems to be different ways of contacting people, OH was texted and told to call doctors to arrange his appointment but my sister has had a letter giving her a phone number to ring to book hers yet they both have to go to the same place tomorrow for their jabs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve heard back from my friend.

Her husband will be tested for antibodies in 3 weeks time. When he tests negative, they’ll give him the jab. 

It should turn out ok, but it’s an extra layer of stress that he didn’t need 

What if he tests positive? My friend who works for NHS who I told about this is adamant he would have not have the vaccination card unless he had the jab. If he has that bad a reaction to it, it may not be advisable for him to take the second shot. And are they not going to look at CCTV or even count the jabs and see they have one spare?.

44 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I hope this does not add too much to your already heavy workload. 

Thanks Eglesbrech, that's very kind of you.  Well, following the meeting, it turns out that we only just have enough AZ vaccines to cover us for the weekend. We didn't get the drop yesterday as expected.  After a count up from all practices (8) we established that we wouldn't need to cancel patients after all but it's going to be very tight (if someone's count is wrong we're stuffed). I was dreading having to cancel patients who, in the main, have been delighted to be contacted.  I hate letting people down.  After that, we have no vaccine drop for about 10 days, just as you predicted.  The next drop will be Pfizer again and we have to wait to hear from NHS England who to vaccinate?  Is it going to be used for a second jab or do we carry on with the unvaccinated groups?  We expect to be told early next week.  So I was feeling quite pleased with the way it had all gone so far but now I feel it's a mess.  I am worried about the supply chain I must confess.  Anyway, nothing I can do until we hear from them at the top!  Have a great weekend.  Best wishes.  Jane.x 

• Like 12