New vaccine

hollyjess

I’m sad to hear of poor behaviour by those attending some vaccination centres.

I must say the car park, pelican crossing, check-in and queue marshals at our local centre all seem content and are certainly very helpful.  We always say Hi as we pass & sometimes a couple of sentences of conversation - the weather etc

The centre only seems operational about half the week now.  Supply issues?  The national vaxx figures aren’t as high as they have been.  

3 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

One thing I can say as a nurse vaccinator is that we jab the people sitting in front of us.  We are not  the people who decide if someone should have a vaccination or not.  There is a whole process around that and its decided well before they sit down in front of me to get jabbed.  The only thing we are checking is that the person I am about to vaccinate is who they say they are based on their demographics. 

We don't check the validity of them getting the vaccination.  That role is someone elses.

Late to the party as always!!!!!

I agree 100% with this post ,I couldn't have written it better myself. I am not aware of any scams

The over 80's/70's are much more appreciative  than the younger groups, and more fun. Still running "light" this week on vaccine but told it should pick up by 15th March and have a reliable supply from then onwards. Good week to have a holiday!!! except the weather. Highlight of the week so far........ a tip run😁

• Like 5

Vaccine supply will need to pick up significantly won’t it, to cover the second doses coming due, plus the 60s and then 50s coming to start their course

Did I hear that either Germany or France is adopting the 12 week gap, as well as accepting the AZ vaccine for 65+?

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Vaccine supply will need to pick up significantly won’t it, to cover the second doses coming due, plus the 60s and then 50s coming to start their course

Did I hear that either Germany or France is adopting the 12 week gap, as well as accepting the AZ vaccine for 65+?

Imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery, but I doubt that Brussels will thank us for our  trailblazing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Vaccine supply will need to pick up significantly won’t it, to cover the second doses coming due, 

That question was put to Chris Whitty? at a briefing, and he said it was imperative that second doses were administered on time, and would be holding some vaccine in reserve for that reason.

Avril

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes, Germany is adopting the 12 week approach, and accepting that 65+ can have it. Just as well, as they have over one million doses waiting to be used.

Just what is, I hope, a final report on our vaccination on Wednesday.  Husband no after effects apart from extra long sleep at night; me a slightly sore arm when I use it, a bit better today, and feeling pretty seedy and useless yesterday, but much better this morning.

Thank you all so much for your sympathy and interest; it makes such a difference to feel you have support, even  though I don't know any of you personally.

• Like 17

18 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery, but I doubt that Brussels will thank us for our  trailblazing.

I think I heard m Macron say " our friends the rosbifs got it right again. Sacre bleu."🤔

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, Germany is adopting the 12 week approach, and accepting that 65+ can have it. Just as well, as they have over one million doses waiting to be used.

So Italy delay 250k to Australia. 🤔

19 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Just what is, I hope, a final report on our vaccination on Wednesday.  Husband no after effects apart from extra long sleep at night; me a slightly sore arm when I use it, a bit better today, and feeling pretty seedy and useless yesterday, but much better this morning.

Thank you all so much for your sympathy and interest; it makes such a difference to feel you have support, even  though I don't know any of you personally.

Just so happy that you finally got the jab, and that you're not having any bad reactions.

36 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Glad to hear you had no bad side effects after being vaccinated. Take care.

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

The EU won't have any feet left soon to shoot themselves in.

I think you'll find that all the remaining EU countries are saying much the same about our current management and its threats to breach agreements in contravention of international law! We depend so much on being trusted internationally,  but that doesn't seem to matter. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, batholiver said:

I think you'll find that all the remaining EU countries are saying much the same about our current management and its threats to breach agreements in contravention of international law! We depend so much on being trusted internationally,  but that doesn't seem to matter. 

Sorry  what's this got to do with vaccines. Anyway 

EU changed rules on aquaculture just like that. And seem to take delight in applying the letter not spirit of the agreements. 

But I'd agree  we just don't know  how to play the game, instead of being up front we should  just have removed our inspectors again for safety reasons , and learn the wrong colour ink trick on car and wine imports. By being honest about the frustrations we get the reputation of being untrustworthy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

EU changed rules on aquaculture just like that.

No, they applied the same rules that apply to all third country imports. We should have read the small print. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Sorry  what's this got to do with vaccines. Anyway 

EU changed rules on aquaculture just like that. And seem to take delight in applying the letter not spirit of the agreements. 

But I'd agree  we just don't know  how to play the game, instead of being up front we should  just have removed our inspectors again for safety reasons , and learn the wrong colour ink trick on car and wine imports. By being honest about the frustrations we get the reputation of being untrustworthy 

Nothing to do with vaccines, nothing at all. Nothing to do with cruising,or holidays. Nothing, not a sausage. I find it a bit frustrating that folk don't learn their lesson and try and turn our cruising forum into something else. Sorry, not interested in their little scheme.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

So pleased for you. 

Many seem to have a couple of dodgy days, then back to normal. 

Andy 

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Nothing to do with vaccines, nothing at all. Nothing to do with cruising,or holidays. Nothing, not a sausage. I find it a bit frustrating that folk don't learn their lesson and try and turn our cruising forum into something else. Sorry, not interested in their little scheme.

Paulines best friend got the AZ vaccine today.

• Like 5