New vaccine

hollyjess

9 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our area has vaccinated 95% of the over 65's and above. The link below gives a useful tool to look up your local area and it is very local, by area of town etc

Covid-19: Gloucestershire neighbourhood has only vaccinated 20% of over-65s | Daily Mail Online

That was good to check. We are 93% of the over 65s which I’m impressed with as we had such a slow start.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our area has vaccinated 95% of the over 65's and above. The link below gives a useful tool to look up your local area and it is very local, by area of town etc

Covid-19: Gloucestershire neighbourhood has only vaccinated 20% of over-65s | Daily Mail Online

92.12 in my area.

Waiting to be called for my second dose, then I will start to look into these costal cruises.

14 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Apparently we are at 99.3%

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

The uptake in a lot of areas is very high, which is encouraging. I think that the struggle will be as we go down the ages to the reluctant ' I'll be OK without it' generations.

I think the tour operaters,bars,restaurants and hotel chains will start to give a slight nudge in the right direction.The main way to help this is to have proof,similar to the new "GHIC"card,once the limitations start to kick in,all done.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I'm in group 8 and received my vaccine invitation letter today. 

All booked for 24th March and 2nd dose 14th June at the local Honda motor cycle show room! The owner of the showroom has donated half of the floor area at no cost to the local Pharmacy to use as a vaccination centre.

My wife is annoyed because her letter to her 10 days ago had a leaflet titled for Older Adults whilst mine is just titled for Adults, she is group 7 and I'm 8. 🤣

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Just out of curiosity, anyone else with an asthmatic family member unable to persuade their GP to include them within Group 6, despite clearly meeting the laid down criteria, which include a previous hospitalisation?

Seems to be a national problem, with some practices overriding the national guidelines with their own interpretation of what constitutes serious asthma.

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just out of curiosity, anyone else with an asthmatic family member unable to persuade their GP to include them within Group 6, despite clearly meeting the laid down criteria, which include a previous hospitalisation?

Seems to be a national problem, with some practices overriding the national guidelines with their own interpretation of what constitutes serious asthma.

Good to see you posting again Harry. 

I can’t advise about the asthma problem although surely if it meets the criteria, the vaccine should be given. However, I am not going to knock local GP practices for going faster than the national guidelines, providing they have vaccines and personnel available to do this, because the sooner all vaccines are used, the better for all of us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Good to see you posting again Harry. 

I can’t advise about the asthma problem although surely if it meets the criteria, the vaccine should be given. However, I am not going to knock local GP practices for going faster than the national guidelines, providing they have vaccines and personnel available to do this, because the sooner all vaccines are used, the better for all of us.

No problems with most GP practices, Pete, and ours is first rate. Or with them going faster than the guidelines.

This is odd though, and asthmatics who have been hospitalised at any time fall automatically within Priority Group 6. Or should, but the GP has to action it, and some, including my daughter’s, are refusing, using their own criteria instead of the government’s.

28 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No problems with most GP practices, Pete, and ours is first rate. Or with them going faster than the guidelines.

This is odd though, and asthmatics who have been hospitalised at any time fall automatically within Priority Group 6. Or should, but the GP has to action it, and some, including my daughter’s, are refusing, using their own criteria instead of the government’s.

I have a family member with asthma who’s GP refused to place them in group 6 despite having being hospitalised as a teenager and having had yearly flu jabs because of condition. They have now been done as group has been called.

Despite maybe not being at greater risk of catching Covid I understand asthmatics have a higher risk of long Covid......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I have a family member with asthma who’s GP refused to place them in group 6 despite having being hospitalised as a teenager and having had yearly flu jabs because of condition. They have now been done as group has been called.

Despite maybe not being at greater risk of catching Covid I understand asthmatics have a higher risk of long Covid......

One other issue with asthma sufferers is that steroids can supress the immune system. Originally I was group 6 as an asthma sufferer, the rules changed in Feb and a large swathe of people were taken out of group 6 which caused a lot of confusion, there was another issue with asthma sufferers who were shielding. My asthma is fairly mild albeit I use steroid inhalers and I regard myself as reasonable fit so it was no big deal for me especially as our area was way in front giving the vaccine which I had almost 3 weeks ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

My nephew had had his this week, GP called him on Monday and booked him in. My brother had his yesterday, the last of my 3 siblings to have it, also the only one to have the Bio N Tech Pfizer vaccine, so different side effects to the rest of use. He said he felt he had had a “Night on the Tiles” when I messaged him about an hour ago. He had slept from 8pm last night until 11 this morning 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My wife is annoyed because her letter to her 10 days ago had a leaflet titled for Older Adults whilst mine is just titled for Adults, she is group 7 and I'm 8. 🤣

Nothing wrong with being a Toy Boy

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

All booked for 24th March and 2nd dose 14th June at the local Honda motor cycle show room! The owner of the showroom has donated half of the floor area at no cost to the local Pharmacy to use as a vaccination centre.

The owner of a posh local hotel has donated his premises for free for a pharmacy group to use as a vaccination centre.He is selling lattes to take away!

• Like 2

Our Son in Law in Sevenoaks Kent had his vaccine yesterday.He is mild asthmatic and 40 years old.He was in a coma with GBS quite a few years ago,perhaps that is a reason to invite him.He is one of the fittest blokes I know with running and weights every day.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our Son in Law in Sevenoaks Kent had his vaccine yesterday.He is mild asthmatic and 40 years old.He was in a coma with GBS quite a few years ago,perhaps that is a reason to invite him.He is one of the fittest blokes I know with running and weights every day.

The most important thing bro - he's had his first dose, whatever the reason👍

Sis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sis

Cheers sis,I wasn't trying to underline my point,lol.I don't know why that happens when I post sometimes,bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers sis,I wasn't trying to underline my point,lol.I don't know why that happens when I post sometimes,bro.

😄When you write a post, if you look to the top left where the icons are, there re 3 letters B, I and U.  You must be accidently catching the underlined icon sometimes.

Sis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Sis

FWIW I just had the first AZ this afternoon. I didn't get to choose  my shot after all as I was wondering about a few weeks back. They telephoned up this morning which I was really surprised about. I didn't feel a thing and I don't have a sore arm. Though despite this we will probably not being going on that cruise. I have just learned we would have to quarantine in NYC in the 5 day visit time we have. The entire purpose for me is going to visit my friends so there would be no point in going. I shall try and blag a transfer. They have sold it to us and not advised we would need to quarantine in the middle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

FWIW I just had the first AZ this afternoon. I didn't get to choose  my shot after all as I was wondering about a few weeks back. They telephoned up this morning which I was really surprised about. I didn't feel a thing and I don't have a sore arm. Though despite this we will probably not being going on that cruise. I have just learned we would have to quarantine in NYC in the 5 day visit time we have. The entire purpose for me is going to visit my friends so there would be no point in going. I shall try and blag a transfer. They have sold it to us and not advised we would need to quarantine in the middle.

Great decision to get your vaccine jab.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great decision to get your vaccine jab.

I feel sideswiped to be fair. I was always going to get it. I just hadn't really wanted it yet. I was hoping to be able to hang fire for a while and get out of the upcoming cruise. Though I think with the need for quarantine and testing we will probably be able to do. I don't see how we can board the connecting ship 30 miles away on the same day. And you can make the argument for mis-selling with a lot of these agencies in this. They do not mention need for quarantine, testing at the quarantine site in another country, masks that sort of thing when they are attempting to sell you.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I feel sideswiped to be fair. I was always going to get it. I just hadn't really wanted it yet. I was hoping to be able to hang fire for a while and get out of the upcoming cruise. Though I think with the need for quarantine and testing we will probably be able to do. I don't see how we can board the connecting ship 30 miles away on the same day. And you can make the argument for mis-selling with a lot of these agencies in this. They do not mention need for quarantine, testing at the quarantine site in another country, masks that sort of thing when they are attempting to sell you.

Perhaps tomorrow you will explain what you are trying to say, because the wine seems to have taken over!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4