New vaccine

hollyjess

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

As I said, neither you nor I yet know all the facts. All we have is a summarised version. I imagine the vaccine will prove perfectly safe, but judgments need to be based on full facts - not just brief summaries, newspaper headlines and sentiment.

The information is out there - you just haven't bothered to look.  The MHRA produces a list of all the vaccine side effects reported (updated weekly) -  many pages of conditions that many of us will never have heard of before.  

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

As I said, neither you nor I yet know all the facts. All we have is a summarised version. I imagine the vaccine will prove perfectly safe, but judgments need to be based on full facts - not just brief summaries, newspaper headlines and sentiment.

You may not have the full facts Harry but our experts do, and they are all saying that the incidences of blood clots and low platelets in the vaccinated community is well within the range of the normal population experience.

If I didn't know better I would think that you are just defending the European Union because you are a remainer, but I know you would never do that.:classic_rolleyes:🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You may not have the full facts Harry but our experts do, and they are all saying that the incidences of blood clots and low platelets in the vaccinated community is well within the range of the normal population experience.

If I didn't know better I would think that you are just defending the European Union because you are a remainer, but I know you would never do that.:classic_rolleyes:🤣

It was Norway who first raised the issue with 3 cases, Iceland also suspended use, neither are EU members and neither are Indonesia who have also paused the use. This not a EU issue, this is individual countries making their own decisions on the safety of a new vaccine, using the precautionary principle. The giving of AZ vaccine has been paused not banned, other vaccines are still being used. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It was Norway who first raised the issue with 3 cases, Iceland also suspended use, neither are EU members and neither are Indonesia who have also paused the use. This not a EU issue, this is individual countries making their own decisions on the safety of a new vaccine, using the precautionary principle. The giving of AZ vaccine has been paused not banned, other vaccines are still being used. 

Quite. But let’s not let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to bash the EU, shall we?  😉

• Like 2

The serious side of these countries throwing there toys out of the pram is that it will cost lives and stop people, who have been brain washed by Macron and other, from having the vaccine.  The numbers are so low, well within normal levels, I honestly can't see the problem. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, zap99 said:

An interesting fact is that our cases and deaths are going down and many of theirs are going up. Coincidence ?.

Lets hope this does not slow down our vaccination programme. Check it out by all means.

I found this an excellent read .... 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/15/evidence-oxford-vaccine-blood-clots-data-causal-links

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Strange, I have never been asked that question before until the covid jab.

Avril

I think the reason they ask is with this jab they have to squeeze the muscle in the arm then insert the needle,normally no squeeze is required so no question.

• Thanks 1

As I understand it, the three people affected in Norway were of a younger age group. Due to the atypical younger age group, Norway have paused AZ vaccinations for the time being.  

Maybe its an excess of caution, but it's their country, so don't know why people are upset about it

As Norway isn't in the EU, and several EU countries are still using AZ, I don't understand the EU angle that is being applied to this. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Lets hope this does not slow down our vaccination programme. Check it out by all means.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/15/evidence-oxford-vaccine-blood-clots-data-causal-links

I read somewhere that our programme speeds up this week to about 5m a week. There seems to be little reluctance in the UK population above the normal. I'm sure our european friends will sort their problems our soon. ....,.......... It's behind you 👻👻

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

An interesting read Kalos. To my mind it enforces the fact the we are right to keep up the vaccinations

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As I understand it, the three people affected in Norway were of a younger age group. Due to the atypical younger age group, Norway have paused AZ vaccinations for the time being.  

Maybe its an excess of caution, but it's their country, so don't know why people are upset about it

As Norway isn't in the EU, and several EU countries are still using AZ, I don't understand the EU angle that is being applied to this. 

I think this should be a case of....let them get on with it. As you say, their country.

• Like 4

We've been on a few longhaul flights over the years and everytime were advised to get up and move about as much as possible to eliminate the possibility of blood clots developing.Heard someone the other day say this is something we should all try and do a bit more,especially as a lot of us have been a lot less mobile than normal.If you've become a lot less active than normal then try and put the % back in your favour,i feel that could be the reason for the fatalities of blood clots.Instead of six hours infront of the box,get up every hour for ten minutes and annoy the misses by walking around the lounge.......via the t.v.,she is not amused.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

We've been on a few longhaul flights over the years and everytime were advised to get up and move about as much as possible to eliminate the possibility of blood clots developing.Heard someone the other day say this is something we should all try and do a bit more,especially as a lot of us have been a lot less mobile than normal.If you've become a lot less active than normal then try and put the % back in your favour,i feel that could be the reason for the fatalities of blood clots.Instead of six hours infront of the box,get up every hour for ten minutes and annoy the misses by walking around the lounge.......via the t.v.,she is not amused.

Sounds like a good plan. On the plane we do all those funny little ankle twist things and lift our legs up......all together now😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I think this should be a case of....let them get on with it. As you say, their country.

I want everyone to be vaccinated wherever they live because it affects us all if the pandemic gets worse .I want to be able to visit other countries. I don't want to see anyone die  because of not being vaccinated, whichever country they live in.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

You could always walk round the lounge with a duster in hand!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Neither do I, each country has the right to approve or not approve a vaccine, similarly the right to pause if there is a potential problem with the vaccines, because the hasn’t does make other countries wrong in pausing. This is only one of the vaccines, the Others continue to be given.

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I want everyone to be vaccinated wherever they live because it affects us all if the pandemic gets worse .I want to be able to visit other countries. I don't want to see anyone die  because of not being vaccinated, whichever country they live in.

As we have no influence in that direction, our opinion counts for nothing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ann141 said:

You could always walk round the lounge with a duster in hand!

I did walk around the lounge last week pushing the hoover and was quite chuffed with the effort i put towards helping out and becoming domesticated,this week i'm going to plug it in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Our 53 year old son had not had any notifications so far, I suggested he rang up. He rang the national ine last night and had his jab at 9am this morning at the Boston centre! and his younger brother (51) is going on Monday.

• Like 2

I had my vaccine letter invitation 10 days ago and booked my appointment online for next Wednesday.

My 25 year old son had a text invitation last Thursday, he has no health issues, seemed strange but he followed the link put in his NHS number and DOB. His appointment was this morning, he checked in stating his age and when called forward and sitting waiting for the jab the nurse asked him some questions regarding his age, health issues etc and refused to give him the jab, stating it must have been an admin error with the text going to him. She said she could get the sack if she did give him the vaccine. So in the end just a wasted appointment slot.

I'm wondering if the admin error was because my age group is currently being covered and we are with the same GP practice. I haven't received a text invitation yet although my wife did as a back up, even though like me she had booked online after a letter.

I can only comment on Italy.They are so bloody supersticous and don't like anything out of the ordinary.Our neighbour emailed us last week just to check we were still alive,lol,true story.This is going to be a pain to get people in these countries to gain confidence again.

• Like 3