New vaccine

hollyjess

22 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I don’t use any GP Apps. 

Fair enough. I don't use any apps on my phone that require personal information, but I'm ok with using things such as BBC Sport, News, Weather etc

MIL had her first Pfizer jab the first week of Jan and her second was due 12 weeks later before the end of March. She hadn't heard anything from the surgery so we phoned on her behalf, they had just heard confirmation that they were receiving a Pfizer batch for her cohort. She has her second dose a week today 11.5 weeks after her first.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Fair enough. I don't use any apps on my phone that require personal information, but I'm ok with using things such as BBC Sport, News, Weather etc

We went to a holiday park in the summer. They asked you to order drinks via the app. Good plan, but after we left I deleted it.

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No, not on my phone.

That used to be the line I took, until most of the banks made it so much more difficult to bank online without using a mobile as well for additional security.

Most users have switched now from standard online to app, and I have to say it's a whole lot more straightforward. No less secure, even if your phone is stolen - that's catered for in the security.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:34 PM, seapals2 said:

I checked the app this evening.  My flu vaccine is there but not my first dose of Astra Zeneca vaccine.  Perhaps this is because i received the jab at a vaccination center although the appointment was generated from my GP surgery.  Something I will check on tomorrow.  However even a screen shot would not be sufficient proof as it would not show my name and date of birth or NHS number.  

Maybe show your phone screen. However the government is in discussions with other countries to decide what sort of proof would be acceptable. Took me a while to find my jab on there, I think it was under acute medication.

On 3/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, fragilek said:

We have a different system in Scotland called Patient Access the vaccine details are not on that.  

we have patient access as well..thing is I have a smart phone and I'm not smart. I think they are 2 separate things. Does patient access give you the ability to order repeat prescriptions?

On 3/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, Harry Peterson said:

The app isn’t linked to specific individuals, is it? So that wouldn’t be possible, surely?

Its on is the NHS app.  Not track and trace. It is linked to you personally as it has your medical details on there (either fingerprint or password protected) I think when you first use it, something is sent to the surgery you are registered with that activated your personal details being available. Its quite a while since I set mine up, so can't remember.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That used to be the line I took, until most of the banks made it so much more difficult to bank online without using a mobile as well for additional security.

Most users have switched now from standard online to app, and I have to say it's a whole lot more straightforward. No less secure, even if your phone is stolen - that's catered for in the security.

I do online banking with my tablet and laptop, but not with my mobile phone. Obviously at times I need my phone for a OTP (one time password) but I have no banking or investment apps on my phone.  

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I do online banking with my tablet and laptop, but not with my mobile phone. Obviously at times I need my phone for a OTP (one time password) but I have no banking or investment apps on my phone.  

That's how I operate as well , whatever we feel happy with and it's served me well .

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's how I operate as well , whatever we feel happy with and it's served me well .

I use my mobile for calls, texts, WhatsApp, checking emails etc. Anything that involves money in any way, banking,  paying bills online orders etc is done on the laptop.

Plus the screen's bigger😉

Avril

• Like 4

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I use my mobile for calls, texts, WhatsApp, checking emails etc. Anything that involves money in any way, banking,  paying bills online orders etc is done on the laptop.

Avril

Blimey Avril, yet again we are in agreement. That's twice this week, and it's only Friday!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, the english lady said:

we have patient access as well..thing is I have a smart phone and I'm not smart. I think they are 2 separate things. Does patient access give you the ability to order repeat prescriptions?

Patient access does give you the ability to order repeat prescriptions. Also to book doctors appointments although this may be restricted due to the virus.

Brian

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Blimey Avril, yet again we are in agreement. That's twice this week, and it's only Friday!

Must be something in the air wowzz,  but we'd better not hold our breath had we🤣🤣🤣?

Avril

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

I don’t use apps on my phone or store any telephone numbers on it either or make phone calls from it because you never know who’s listening 

Apparently some wag suggested that they put a chip in your phone so the police, or OH could check where you were, or where you had been. A bit far fetched, but I could do with one as I can never remember where I've been.

• Like 1

Like Avril and Wozz I prefer my laptop as I find it so much easier to use for typing and being able to see the screen more easily! I do have an iPad, which is hardly used, and my smartphone which is PAYG is used it for texts and calls and little else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Apparently some wag suggested that they put a chip in your phone so the police, or OH could check where you were, or where you had been. A bit far fetched, but I could do with one as I can never remember where I've been.

The police can already tell where you have been, to within 100metres or so, by seeing to which cell towers your phone connected.  

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Just texts & phone calls with my phone ,sometimes if we are in a hotel I switch the wi fi  on 

and do a limited surf with it . I could not get on with all that pressing the screen with my hands 

so it's the PC for me with mouse & keyboard . In the last hour I have just been online and bought some telescopic branch loppers  and they have just arrived ,that was quick !

Int technology good :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Must be something in the air wowzz,  but we'd better not hold our breath had we🤣🤣🤣?

Avril

Before we know it you will be wishing each other happy birthday on here :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

No banking apps?

I tried my banking app for the first time after switching over from the secure key card.  After lots of fafflng around I finally managed to get the minor task done, only to be told I had exceeded the limit of errors and my app was now suspended!!!!