New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hey peeps 

im doing ok thanks for worrying about me. Just having a tough time with my illness and work, plus dog and then marital issues. Now the kids are off again. Just busy. Do keep

popping on to see how everyone is. Glad everyone else is ok. 

So relieved to hear from you, we've been worried. I hope things begin to improve for you and your family soon. Take care. x

Avril

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just heard that our friend who cruises with us (84) has her jab on Saturday, so she is very pleased.

Will she be getting the second jab in 3 or 12 weeks? What have they said to her? Here in West Lancs a person first jabbed before Dec 31st get the second jab 3 weeks hence but that might change next week.

13 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Will she be getting the second jab in 3 or 12 weeks? What have they said to her? Here in West Lancs a person first jabbed before Dec 31st get the second jab 3 weeks hence but that might change next week.

My second one due Thursday as been postponed as have all local 2nd ones.  They will get back in contact with new date.

Edited by Dinglebert

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I think that might now have changed. I saw something earlier that stated that appointments for second jabs are being cancelled.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I think that might now have changed. I saw something earlier that stated that appointments for second jabs are being cancelled.

There are lots of stories about this, many of which are contradictory, some health providers say that if you have already had the first jab you get the second after 3 weeks but if not it is 12 weeks. We need some input from one of our NHS members

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There are lots of stories about this, many of which are contradictory, some health providers say that if you have already had the first jab you get the second after 3 weeks but if not it is 12 weeks. We need some input from one of our NHS members

I did just four posts ago.  I can only speak for my local area but they put a message out tonight for any staff not to turn up tomorrow onward for 2nd jabs.  They will get in contact with a new date.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

My partner had his second jab yesterday. His info said that they're doing 2nd jabs for the rest of this week but from next week everyone will move to the 12 week gap in between doses. Their reason for this is that they need enough time to contact everyone to rearrange and they didn't want to risk wasting any of the vaccine this week. 

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
Typo

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

I did just four posts ago.  I can only speak for my local area but they put a message out tonight for any staff not to turn up tomorrow onward for 2nd jabs.  They will get in contact with a new date.

Ah, that differs from what my partner was told but there's every chance that his trust could have updated their guidance today. 

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Ah, that differs from what my partner was told but there's every chance that his trust could have updated their guidance today. 

Different country as well.  I imagine any non-staff may still get it this week as trying to contact that many people is a mare.  I only know as I saw the message on the webpage.  I havn't had any contact from health records directly.

Edited by Dinglebert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I am NHS 🙂. There is a different picture depending on CCG, up until today West Lancs position was that everyone who had received their first jab on or before 31 December would get their second jab in 3 weeks time but one of the local practices announced today that this was no longer the case.

I live in West Lancs but work for the NHS in a different area outside of West Lancs.

My husband’s Trust are giving the second jab to staff to those whose 2nd appointment was up to yesterday but from today onwards it would be a 12 week gap.

In my own Trust only 100 of our staff have been vaccinated so far by a neighbouring Trust under reciprocity arrangements. We were informed a couple of weeks before Christmas that we would be receiving the Oxford vaccine not Pfizer. Our own vaccination programme will begin on Saturday and we are aiming to have all staff vaccinated with their first jab in 2 weeks!

Edited by lancashire_cruisers
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hi Everyone.  I can only speak for North Central London CCG but we were told yesterday that we could only give second jabs up to and including 11th January. From 12th Jan we move to a 12 week recall. We've now cancelled those who were booked from 12th and will re-book them as their 12 week dates fall due.

The good news is that next week we are getting a drop of the AZ vaccines.  We don't know how many until they arrive - which makes pre-planning a bit difficult but we'll  sort it.

The brilliant news is that tomorrow we can start calling our age 75 to 80 group. This is entirely due to the fact that all our over 80s have been so uncomplainingly accommodating in travelling to the hub (which is some distance from their own surgery) and because of that they are all done - apart from the decliners.

As I say, I can only speak for NCL CCG. I am very aware that some of you are not in such a fortunate position and have yet to hear about sites etc and I feel for you. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly and the hubs can get vaccinating quickly.

Best wishes all.

Jane

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I am NHS 🙂. There is a different picture depending on CCG, up until today West Lancs position was that everyone who had received their first jab on or before 31 December would get their second jab in 3 weeks time but one of the local practices announced today that this was no longer the case.

I live in West Lancs but work for the NHS in a different area outside of West Lancs.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone.  I can only speak for North Central London CCG but we were told yesterday that we could only give second jabs up to and including 11th January. From 12th Jan we move to a 12 week recall. We've now cancelled those who were booked from 12th and will re-book them as their 12 week dates fall due.

The good news is that next week we are getting a drop of the AZ vaccines.  We don't know how many until they arrive - which makes pre-planning a bit difficult but we'll  sort it.

The brilliant news is that tomorrow we can start calling our age 75 to 80 group. This is entirely due to the fact that all our over 80s have been so uncomplainingly accommodating in travelling to the hub (which is some distance from their own surgery) and because of that they are all done - apart from the decliners.

As I say, I can only speak for NCL CCG. I am very aware that some of you are not in such a fortunate position and have yet to hear about sites etc and I feel for you. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly and the hubs can get vaccinating quickly.

Best wishes all.

Jane

Thank you for keeping us updated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

No problem. I’ve edited my post to add a bit more info but as I’ve said before things are moving so quickly that the picture is constantly changing.

Great that things are moving fast, well done.

• Like 1

Really good to hear that all the over 80s in parts of London have already been done, but I’m still concerned that this age group hasn’t even been given an appointment yet around here. As a matter of interest, how much notice is usually given, and is it posted? Thanks in advance. 

7 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hey peeps 

im doing ok thanks for worrying about me. Just having a tough time with my illness and work, plus dog and then marital issues. Now the kids are off again. Just busy. Do keep

popping on to see how everyone is. Glad everyone else is ok. 

Nice to hear from you.

Take care and always try to stay positive even when things get you down.

Your friends on here want the best for you 

Graham.