New vaccine

hollyjess

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Apologies, the rate per 100,000 number now appears to be 1222.7  Maybe the figures are being constantly updated

I meant in the wrong place as in as that is an eye watering lay high rate. Please stay safe and well, that rate is frightening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thank you for your input . Will bear that in mind , when I'm posting :classic_smile:

I hope you don’t mind me mentioning it. I was just wondering whether it appeared ok to you when you’re typing and then something happened to your content before appearing here!

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I meant in the wrong place as in as that is an eye watering lay high rate. Please stay safe and well, that rate is frightening.

It’s grim in London and South East England, and those figures quoted aren’t even the worst. 

I hope the lockdown works, otherwise I don’t know what will happen 😔

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Take care.

These numbers are worrying.

Graham

Thank you,

We aren't really going anywhere other than picking up our click and collect shopping once a week and going on a walk when its dry.

We wipe down all our shopping & post thoroughly too.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s grim in London and South East England, and those figures quoted aren’t even the worst. 

I hope the lockdown works, otherwise I don’t know what will happen 😔

It is frightening.

I dread to think what it would be like if the 5 day Christmas jolly had gone ahead.

Take care Dermotsgirl.

Graham.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Horrendous. Hopefully the lockdown will reduce it soon and people have the sense to abide by it.

I really hope so! 

Our numbers have been rising steadily, even throughout the November lockdown. The majority of people seem to be acting carefully but certainly not everyone, hopefully they will take it seriously this time.

Grocery shopping is horrible, people think that just because they're wearing a mask they can push up close to you reaching for food etc. We've stuck to click and collect for our main shop since the summer, and have stopped popping in for bits and bobs now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you,

We aren't really going anywhere other than picking up our click and collect shopping once a week and going on a walk when its dry.

We wipe down all our shopping & post thoroughly and too.

I pop into Morrisons at 8am once a week now I have had covid19 but still wear a mask and visor and blue tough vinyl gloves and wipe down all the food packaging with Dettol wipes and the post too like yourself when I get home.

Edited by grapau27

15 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I hope you don’t mind me mentioning it. I was just wondering whether it appeared ok to you when you’re typing and then something happened to your content before appearing here!

No probs ,what I don't know  I cannot fix. I never had this problem before this new formatt/layout came along . A bit like you when you could not find the like or some did not know where the edit was . I used to think with a longer word go for a new line and it looked fine to me but later on I would see a word sat on it's own but this seems to work for you .:classic_smile: I hope :classic_unsure:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Kalos is funny, helpful and never confrontational.

Favourite poster 👍

A sympathetic listener who can always cheer you up with a kind word, funny picture or video.

My favourite poster too👍

Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all of you for your kind words and support ,It means a lot to me :classic_smile:

For those who like my old style , here is the weather ...:classic_unsure:

S  H                     WERS            SHO      W   ERS      S

H OWERS               S                                                  H

O      WERS                     SHOWERS               OWERS 

Scattered showers  tonight !         :classic_wacko:

or  you can have ...     

Remaining dry through the evening and overnight with long clear spells, though a few wintry showers remain possible in the northwest. Very cold temperatures introduce a risk of freezing fog patches, and potentially icy conditions. Light winds throughout. Minimum Temperature -6 °C.    :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thank you all of you for your kind words and support ,It means a lot to me :classic_smile:

or  you can have ...     

Remaining dry through the evening and overnight with long clear spells, though a few wintry showers remain possible in the northwest. Very cold temperatures introduce a risk of freezing fog patches, and potentially icy conditions. Light winds throughout. Minimum Temperature -6 °C.    :classic_unsure:

So glad that I now know how to ‘like’ posts because this one is a corker!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

or  you can have ...     

Maybe it depends on the devices we read the messages on because they looked normal on my iPad and phone, just bigger gaps between the paragraphs. Unless I was too busy laughing at your jokes to notice? 😊

7 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Maybe it depends on the devices we read the messages on because they looked normal on my iPad and phone, just bigger gaps between the paragraphs. Unless I was too busy laughing at your jokes to notice? 😊

Thank you Sarah ,I think you have solved it !  Our machines are brill and others must be crap :classic_unsure:

Thanks for solving their problem .:classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is frightening.

I dread to think what it would be like if the 5 day Christmas jolly had gone ahead.

Take care Dermotsgirl.

Graham.

Don’t worry Graham, apart from a daily walk, I don’t go anywhere and everything is delivered 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

So glad that I now know how to ‘like’ posts because this one is a corker!

Thank you ,now your learning ...  I don’t suffer from insanity—I enjoy every minute of it.:classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1