New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you,

We aren't really going anywhere other than picking up our click and collect shopping once a week and going on a walk when its dry.

We wipe down all our shopping & post thoroughly too.

I prefer going for a walk when it is raining as you only come across the occasional wet dog walker and i will go well out of my way to avoid getting near anyone. What is irritating is the power walkers and joggers who overtake you gasping out potential viral particles without any thought of social distancing. for me the new 2 metre rule is now as far away as i can get.

• Like 4

Not really vaccine related but as of today we have suspended all non-essential meetings including Trust Committees (apart from Board and Audit) to free staff to respond to the current level of activity we’re seeing.

There are 4 local acute Trusts in the North West that have now moved to ‘internal incident’ status which in essence means that all elective activity is suspended and staff redeployed to COVID-19 and emergency activity. Things are already bad and about to get worse - please heed the advice and keep yourselves safe. 

This validates the very distressing conversation I had with colleagues in another Trust yesterday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I prefer going for a walk when it is raining as you only come across the occasional wet dog walker and i will go well out of my way to avoid getting near anyone. What is irritating is the power walkers and joggers who overtake you gasping out potential viral particles without any thought of social distancing. for me the new 2 metre rule is now as far away as i can get.

Good idea. I must admit I’m a dry weather walker.
At least the main roads are reasonably wide, but I do get grumpy when 3 or 4 people are chatting in the middle of the path and don’t attempt to move. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sadly the dot is in the right place. We've got it bad down here 🙁

Yes, the new strain has escalated so quickly it's frightening. In our small town it was almost non-existent in October and we went into the second lockdown in Tier 1 then came out of it one month later in Tier 3, one week later Tier 4. Two weeks before Christmas the rate was 185 per 100,000 but now it's 1162.3 😳 Our local community predominantly adhere to social distancing and wear masks but the main factor was the spread in our local schools which was rampant just before the Christmas holidays. The speed of transmission with the new variant needs to be taken seriously, everyone take care.

• Like 7

Given all the bad news about the rising infection rates, I find it incongruous that I keep getting pop up ads on this site for TUI 2021 summer holidays. Booking a summer holiday at the moment is the last  thing on my mind.

• Like 2

Well I had my vaccine yesterday, very efficient process. Didn’t feel i thing when it went in! Afterwards you have to sit in a room for 15 minutes to make sure you don’t have any serious side effects. 
I heard one of the staff say a GP was most annoyed and said he shouldn’t have to wait the 15 minutes! 
I quite enjoyed the trip out 😊A different four walls to look at! Lovely sunset as we came home. I’m writing this so early though because I kept waking up - my arm is really sore now! Hopefully that’s the only side effect I have.

• Like 18

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Given all the bad news about the rising infection rates, I find it incongruous that I keep getting pop up ads on this site for TUI 2021 summer holidays. Booking a summer holiday at the moment is the last  thing on my mind.

It's alright Wowzz, according to Ryanair, we can just 'jab n go'... 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

In the meantime, you could pop on your speedos and run up and down one of your beaches down your way ,holding a beach towel aloft singing  🎶Swords of a Thousand Men🎶 .

It works for the lad in the Haven TV advert ! :classic_wink:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Struggling to see how a travel company advertising on a travel website is “incongruous“...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

Struggling to see how a travel company advertising on a travel website is “incongruous“...

It's the timing I find incongruous  - who in their right mind would book a summer holiday at the moment? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It's the timing I find incongruous  - who in their right mind would book a summer holiday at the moment? 

They need cashflow.  I am actively looking at next year at the moment.

Edited by Dinglebert
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I had to rewind that Ad the other night  as I couldn't quite believe they actually said it. Someone in Marketing obviously thought it was very clever but personally I find it distasteful and bit to all those who have lost loved ones and are struggling with this pandemic. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We are about to move our April Canaries holiday back to September , the TUI lady behind me told me to so it.. We may do that today and We are in our right mind. All three if us. Me, DW and that lady who is standing behind me, Oh, She's gone again, hold on, no still there🤔

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am not thinking of booking a summer holiday at the moment but am enjoying planning where I might go if the covid situation improves.Infact  I have so many 'possibles' that I shan't be able to fit all the holidays I am keen on into the rest of the year!

• Like 6

If something doesn’t change soon there will be no holiday companies left to book with unfortunately. 

The powers that be up here are actively advising people against booking abroad for summer at the moment. 

The problem is that if we can’t go abroad then our tourist industry here does not have as much inward traffic either. How many of the hotels, attractions, tour companies etc will survive another summer of closures.

Not easy times.

• Like 2

For a while on here we had the word of the day. My offering comes from a speech made in Westminster yesterday.

pettifogging

I understood the sense of it in context but it’s not a word I have come across. Is it in common use down south? Guesses as to what it means without looking it up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

If something doesn’t change soon there will be no holiday companies left to book with unfortunately. 

The powers that be up here are actively advising people against booking abroad for summer at the moment. 

The problem is that if we can’t go abroad then our tourist industry here does not have as much inward traffic either. How many of the hotels, attractions, tour companies etc will survive another summer of closures.

Not easy times.

Won't you get a fair amount of staycation business from those who can't go abroad?

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

For a while on here we had the word of the day. My offering comes from a speech made in Westminster yesterday.

pettifogging

I understood the sense of it in context but it’s not a word I have come across. Is it in common use down south? Guesses as to what it means without looking it up?

Never heard the word before.

• Like 2

I noticed a piece on facecloth on our made local site requesting volunteers to organise people coming in for vaccination, it was guiding them into carparks and showing them where to go, when I contacted them to help they had filled the slots within minutes, so at least it is happening. 

• Like 7