Princess Art Cracking

TM

Quite a few years ago there was a discussion about some of the canvas art pieces cracking.  If I remember correctly it was Michael Godard pieces.  Has this happened to anyone and if so how did you resolve it?  I did a search but nothing turned up.  Please no comments about why someone would purchase art on a cruise ship.

Thank you in advance.

What I remember reading was the issue was traced to a particular paint vendor that was replaced and the issue was resolved. For those that had cracking, I believe they were directed back to company where piece was purchased for resolution which was replacement with different piece ?

12 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

If there are issues with the art pieces purchased onboard the consumer needs to contact the third party contractor that was selling the pieces, not Princess. I believe that would be Park West, who have a less than stellar reputation for integrity and back end customer service. 

Depends how long ago it was purchased. Before Park West, Princess had its own fine art company which now no longer exists.

We had an issue with our art piece - it actually slid off of the backing it was attached to and hit the floor, damaging the piece.  I immediately contacted Park West and the were wonderful - sent packing materials and replaced the piece without any problem at all.  I am sorry others have not had the same experience, but we have no issues with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update to the original post.  This was a Michael Godard piece on canvas.  I contacted Michael Godard Fine Arts and they have agreed to replace the piece.  They were very easy to work with.

• Like 2