Carnival Horizon in Miami starting up

phoneman69

On 12/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, DPTexas said:

This is giving me a glimmer of hope.  I know, I am wearing my "Pollyanna pants", but when my end of February 2021 cruise was cancelled on November 18th, I immediately rebooked on the Horizon.  Crossing my fingers that she will be one of the first to sail and keeping them crossed that it will be sooner, rather than later.  But, if not, I'll call my PVP (who is wonderful!) to rebook again.  And, until I hear otherwise, I intend to keep wearing my "Pollyanna pants". 😉 

Take care everyone.

Well, I am replying to my own post from the 1st.   I just received an email from Carnival cancelling my end of Feb cruise.   I am usually a very positive and upbeat person, but now I guess I need to take off my Pollyanna Pants, wash them, fold them neatly and . . . . then burn them!!   Not sure what I will do now.  I keep rolling the same FCC and $600 OBG to each new reservation and right now I just don't have it in me to reschedule.   Sad thing is that I have a fully-paid cruise that I can't seem to enjoy.  I know everyone else is in the same boat (sorry!).  So, I guess I'll take a breather to figure out if I'll rebook for 2026 (sarcasm) or get a full refund that may take that long to process.   Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" ("Debra is my first name, so maybe there is some ownership in that), but this news and these continuing cancellations literally take the wind out of sailing hopes.

Everyone, continue to take care.  /Deb

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DPTexas said:

Well, I am replying to my own post from the 1st.   I just received an email from Carnival cancelling my end of Feb cruise.   I am usually a very positive and upbeat person, but now I guess I need to take off my Pollyanna Pants, wash them, fold them neatly and . . . . then burn them!!   Not sure what I will do now.  I keep rolling the same FCC and $600 OBG to each new reservation and right now I just don't have it in me to reschedule.   Sad thing is that I have a fully-paid cruise that I can't seem to enjoy.  I know everyone else is in the same boat (sorry!).  So, I guess I'll take a breather to figure out if I'll rebook for 2026 (sarcasm) or get a full refund that may take that long to process.   Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" ("Debra is my first name, so maybe there is some ownership in that), but this news and these continuing cancellations literally take the wind out of sailing hopes.

Everyone, continue to take care.  /Deb

I completely understand. Same thing with us. We rebooked for April. If/when that is canceled, we won’t rebook until 2022. We have an October family cruise all ready paid for. Our “couples” cruise is either in winter or spring. We don’t do summer cruises. 😔

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Off topic, but I wonder where Seaman11 has been?

19 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Good question.  

I think I saw him posting recently on the NCL board. I can't remember exactly what it says, but I'm pretty sure his signature now has something about being on/wanting to be on test cruises. JMO he'd be perfect for a test cruise because I don't think anything would faze him - seems like he'd be game to do anything they asked LOL 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaHunt said:

I think I saw him posting recently on the NCL board. I can't remember exactly what it says, but I'm pretty sure his signature now has something about being on/wanting to be on test cruises. JMO he'd be perfect for a test cruise because I don't think anything would faze him - seems like he'd be game to do anything they asked LOL 😁

He (Seaman11) might finally be right, sailing in March. Just a year off.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

....annnnnd now Horizon is setting sail headed towards the turning basin.  

For those of you needing a quick cruise fix.  

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

All lit up and beautiful - but that sight also brings tears to my eyes. 😔

My husband tries to help with a "hang in there, not long now". But still, boo hoo.

• Like 1

I just put a Spa Balcony on hold, Horizon March 14th. My Mardi Gras cruise for the same week was canceled and all paid off. I'll get everything switched over tomorrow. Can't wait to spend that $600 OBC, someday!

• Like 2

From a strategic point of view, I doubt that any of the cruise lines want to make any more hard preparations for restarting before the Biden Administration  is inaugurated and has a chance to revisit the reopening.  They don't want to make all these preparations just to get shut down again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mnp75 said:

I just put a Spa Balcony on hold, Horizon March 14th. My Mardi Gras cruise for the same week was canceled and all paid off. I'll get everything switched over tomorrow. Can't wait to spend that $600 OBC, someday!

I can't wait to get back to sailing 🙂

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

John Heald just hinted that the restart order, that has been previously released, might change. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
pretty frustrating since we keep rebooking the Horizon so we can cruise! 

This is why I should resist reading Posts on Cruise Critic, makes me sad, although booking and re-booking keeps me busy - yikes. BTW was there a re-start order "date?"

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Total speculation here but the Horizon is anchored again. Could this mean they are in quarantine?

Not sure what you mean by "in quarantine".  Provided the ships don't have anyone come on or off the ship, they are "in quarantine".  This can happen at sea, at anchor, or at the dock.  As a note, both the Horizon and Breeze are now in the "Red" color code for crew travel, meaning they either have had a case onboard in the last 28 days, or they have failed to submit the proper paperwork.  They've got to clear to "Green" before they can start on the CSO application.  That is not to say they cannot be starting to make adjustments to the services, or start to train on protocols, if they have a near full crew.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Not sure what you mean by "in quarantine".  Provided the ships don't have anyone come on or off the ship, they are "in quarantine".  This can happen at sea, at anchor, or at the dock.  As a note, both the Horizon and Breeze are now in the "Red" color code for crew travel, meaning they either have had a case onboard in the last 28 days, or they have failed to submit the proper paperwork.  They've got to clear to "Green" before they can start on the CSO application.  That is not to say they cannot be starting to make adjustments to the services, or start to train on protocols, if they have a near full crew.

I just thought maybe they brought more people on who require the 2 weeks. 🤷🏼‍♀️

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I just thought maybe they brought more people on who require the 2 weeks. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Since they've been in "Red" status for over a week (virtually the whole time they were at the dock), they could not bring anyone onboard except by private transportation (no commercial airlines).

• Thanks 1