Advice for Seabourn Newbie

ColonyGirl2

Hi All,

Would like some advice from the experts here.  I had a Hold on a cabin for a 45 day cruise in February 2022 that would expire this Wednesday, Nov 25.   On Friday I decide to go ahead and pay the deposit which was huge because it was 25% down.  The promotion was $1K OBC and 900 minutes of wifi per person (2).

Fast forward to today and now the deposit has dropped to $500 per cabin.  The promotion is still $1K OBC but no wifi.  My TA says he can't do anything but cancel and rebook resulting in loss of the wifi.  

Is this typical of the way Seabourn works?  I only paid 2 days ago and my Hold had not even expired.  I am ticked enough to cancel the whole deal.

Any comments or advice?

Thanks

Hi sorry you had to deal with this issue first time on Seabourn.

The way it works as far as I am aware is you either keep your first deal with the 25% deposit with the WIFI

or cancel and and only pay five hundred deposit.

It depends on which you are more comfortable with.

• Like 2

Hello ColonyGirl2. I think the other posters are correct although I can’t swear to it since I’ve never been in your position. I do know that the most that I’ve ever paid for unlimited internet for the duration of my cruise was $399. So I guess it depends on what you want to have invested in your booking.

The primary reason I’m replying though is because I also live in Williamsburg too and I love seeing other people who live in the “Burg” on the board. We have enjoyed many cruises on Seabourn after lots of years on other cruise lines. Now it is our favorite and I hope I’ll be able to go on the one booked for 2021.  Happy Thanksgiving!

• 2 weeks later...

ColonyGirl I am wondering if the price of the cruise has changed?

In the past I have found Seabourn very good as on one cruise Seabourn dropped the price of the cruise after I had paid the deposit, I know enough that if the price goes up after I have paid I will not be giving Seabourn any more money but as I had only paid the deposit  it is different,  even though Seabourn wanted me to pay the original price. After a bit of talking I got the cheaper price along with an upgrade

I have found Seabourn very good at making things right in the past where really Seabourn didnt have to do anything as things were out of their control. Very good PR