UK TV New Mighty Cruise Ships

jocap

On 11/24/2020 at 9:20 AM, jocap said:

Tonight,  24/11/2020 on Quest at 21.00 Regent Ship

Next Tuesday Aida.

Also on Quest +1 at 22.00

Just in time for tonight!

Heidi, if you're around...

Thanks jocap. I get Quest, but not Quest +1, but unfortunately was busy with grandkids yesterday, so didn't see your post until this morning (Nov 25th)

Also noted that Mighty Ships is on Discovery History UK at Noon (20:00 GMT), but it isn't a new episode - repeat of North Star. The schedule shows that they has Norwegian Jade on at 05:00 (13:00 GMT)

Will check it out next week

• Like 1

This week's programme about Aida was interesting for anyone hoping to go on P&O's Iona, as she is the same build.

These appear to have been filmed over last winter; it will be interesting to see how they handle next week's one about Diamond Princess in Japan, seeing as the winter's cruising ended in such tragedy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From a couple of weeks ago, What about the Seven Seas Explorer .... the most luxurious ship in the world🙄

They were pontificating about ‘fine dining’ and luxury and then it showed them loading stores which included a cheap supermarket brand of camambert 🤭

• Like 1

I enjoy the mighty ships shows as they don't follow the same formula as normal cruise shows.  Will the ship run out of oranges, what will the chef do.  Advert, will the ship run out of oranges, what will the chef do.  Oh they have enough oranges everything is OK.

Its formula seems to focus more on the ship although it does repeat itself.  Will Umar, Sweden, 28 years cruising be able to turn the ship around and dock without damaging it?   Yes actually he will just the same as he does every time.

Looking forward to seeing Susan Calman take over the Jane McD role.  Seen her live and watched the recent travel shows.  Nice friendly person and not likely to sing at the end.

• Like 1

I find them very ‘predictable’ in content as each episode follows pretty much the same format,  but I always wonder why the executive chef parades about on the pier, or goes shopping, when wearing his chefs whites? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

You always know when the adverts are coming up with these cliff hangers- Will the Captain... ???

But I've learnt something from every episode (even if it's about the amount of food required); mainly about engines, bow thrusters and pilots.