Suite Dining

charles2012

Hello, I am new to celebrity and was looking at the solstice for Alaska next summer. 

My parents are interested in the retreat however I am more intrigued by the Aqua class staterooms. If we were to sail together would they be able to go to blu with us or luminae with them? 

If this has been asked I apologize but could not find on quick search. 

thank you 

People in suites, aka the retreat, can dine in the Aqua class Blu restaurant on a space available basis. People in suites can invite guests to Luminae, but there is a fee involved. I could not find the current fee on the Celebrity website, if I recall it is different for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Curious to know why you are interested in Aqua class staterooms? We have done many cruises in Aqua, and 2 in a Sky Suite. In future we would probably go with the suite as it is larger, and for the retreat. Would give up access to the spa that comes with Aqua, but no big deal, especially on M class.

• Like 1

Suite guests (luminae) can eat in Blu or main dining room with no additional fee.  Celebrity says that access to Blu can be "restricted" BUT we have never had any issues dining in Blu while staying in a suite.

Guests travelling in Aqua (or any other class) can only go to Luminae if they are invited by a suite guest AND there is a per person fee. I believe reservations are also required.

Prior cruise critic topic:  

Suite guests can eat in BLU at no additional charge if space is available.  Any guest can eat in LUMINAE by invitation of suite guest IF space is available and pay a fee (it was US$50 per person per meal the last time I cruised.  The charge goes on the Suite guest account).

Edited by El Crucero

I honestly would recommend that you all book the same type of stateroom...Having different perks attached to different room types doesn’t stop with dining. Those in suite class would also have access to the suite lounge and its association special events. Those in Aqua would not but they would have access to Persian Gardens but guests in suites would not.

What might be an alternative option is to look at booking a larger suite for the four of you...PH or RS have lots of extra perks included and can work out cheaper than a lower suite room and another veranda+ room. It does mean one couple is on the sofa bed in the lounge area rather than having a separate suite but as the RS on S class has an extra toilet/sink off the lounge and the PH has a full second bathroom privacy and space can be enjoyed by all. Just an idea, it has worked out well for us....

• Like 1

All of the answers were correct but keep in mind, what was possible last year regarding dining in Blu or Luminae if not in the stateroom class assigned to these dining rooms, might not be possible when cruising resumes due to capacity control.

Chemmo said it best as there are other perks associated with a suite or aqua class.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above comments.  But keep in mind, these were pre-Covid practices.  How/if any of these will change - temporarily or permanently - is anyone's guess right now.  I have an Alaska cruise scheduled for July, and hopefully it will sail.  If it does, I would expect things will not be back to "normal" yet.  In particular regarding your questions, they may temporarily halt the practice of allowing suite guests in Blu or paying guests in Luminae due to trying to effectively manage the capacity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Crucero said:

Suite guests can eat in BLU at no additional charge if space is available.  Any guest can eat in LUMINAE by invitation of suite guest IF space is available and pay a fee (it was US$50 per person per meal the last time I cruised.  The charge goes on the Suite guest account).

When did you last cruise? It was $30pp for dinner as of January 2019 when I cruised on Summit and had been that way for a few years.

6 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

When did you last cruise? It was $30pp for dinner as of January 2019 when I cruised on Summit and had been that way for a few years.

That was about two and a half years ago on the Millennium on a trans-Pac.  Guests had to dine at the same time at the same table with suite hosts.

Edited by El Crucero

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

I honestly would recommend that you all book the same type of stateroom...Having different perks attached to different room types doesn’t stop with dining. Those in suite class would also have access to the suite lounge and its association special events. Those in Aqua would not but they would have access to Persian Gardens but guests in suites would not.

What might be an alternative option is to look at booking a larger suite for the four of you...PH or RS have lots of extra perks included and can work out cheaper than a lower suite room and another veranda+ room. It does mean one couple is on the sofa bed in the lounge area rather than having a separate suite but as the RS on S class has an extra toilet/sink off the lounge and the PH has a full second bathroom privacy and space can be enjoyed by all. Just an idea, it has worked out well for us....

Agree about the perks, it was nice going to the retreat for a pre dinner drink and we also used the retreat area on the top deck. As Blu patrons you would not have these perks.

One warning, the sofa bed in Royal suite would be uncomfortable for two adults , our son who is large didn’t bother to open the sofa after the first night. Plus, only one bathroom.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Agree about the perks, it was nice going to the retreat for a pre dinner drink and we also used the retreat area on the top deck. As Blu patrons you would not have these perks.

One warning, the sofa bed in Royal suite would be uncomfortable for two adults , our son who is large didn’t bother to open the sofa after the first night. Plus, only one bathroom.

Our 6’ adult son has happily enjoyed numerous RS/PH on most of the S class ships and in some of the M class PH suites...No issues re sofa bed. I have sat/relaxed on many of the sofa beds on several occasions and the only concern I would express is that they are lower than many standard beds so if you have bad knees/hips they may be hard to get up from.

The fact than in the RS on S class there is a toilet/sink and in the PH on both classes of ship there is a full second bathroom does make it a very acceptable alternative for many close family groups.

• Like 1

To the OP, you said you were looking at the Solstice and that your parents were interested in the Retreat.  The Solstice has not been updated as yet and I think it is doubtful that the ship will be updated next year.   The Solstice has Luminae and the Retreat Lounge , as do all the ships,  but it does not have the  suites only Retreat sundeck.

22 hours ago, chemmo said:

Our 6’ adult son has happily enjoyed numerous RS/PH on most of the S class ships and in some of the M class PH suites...No issues re sofa bed. I have sat/relaxed on many of the sofa beds on several occasions and the only concern I would express is that they are lower than many standard beds so if you have bad knees/hips they may be hard to get up from.

The fact than in the RS on S class there is a toilet/sink and in the PH on both classes of ship there is a full second bathroom does make it a very acceptable alternative for many close family groups.

My son is 6’6” and was very uncomfortable, point is it is not real big for two people.

31 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

My son is 6’6” and was very uncomfortable, point is it is not real big for two people.

At 6’6” I can understand why he struggled! The RS/PH sofa bed isn’t massive but it is as big as many standard double beds you experience in a range of hotels and guest houses. Of course if a couple did try it and find it too small first night the butler will find an additional fold away bed which will appear at turn down and disappear at breakfast time.

Whilst I wouldn’t recommend the RS/PH sofa bed to an older couple (owing to it being lower to the ground) I think lots of fit, able and not too tall couples would find it perfectly adequate, especially considering the perks that come with it.

Edited by chemmo

On 11/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, TeeRick said:

In my experience it has been $30 dinner, $20 lunch and $10 breakfast per guest.  And permission in advance from the Luminae maitre 'D. 

Yes that was my experience in 2019 and also the charge goes on the Suite guests bill not the guests.  (At least that's what happened on Silhouette)

On 11/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Agree with all of the above comments.  But keep in mind, these were pre-Covid practices.  How/if any of these will change - temporarily or permanently - is anyone's guess right now.  I have an Alaska cruise scheduled for July, and hopefully it will sail.  If it does, I would expect things will not be back to "normal" yet.  In particular regarding your questions, they may temporarily halt the practice of allowing suite guests in Blu or paying guests in Luminae due to trying to effectively manage the capacity.

You all Definately book the same class of cabin.  We loved Blu.  Aqua is often about the same price as a Veranda.  With the many changes and restrictions would doubt that Suite guests will be allowed in Blu.  On a recent TA only Aqua guests.  Thus no guarantees unless in same class.

And yes we have been in a suite and eaten at Lumanae.  Actually like Blu better.  More intimate and thought food a bit lighter.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Yes that was my experience in 2019 and also the charge goes on the Suite guests bill not the guests.  (At least that's what happened on Silhouette)

You just let the maitre'd or server know where you would like the charges sent. They can apply it to the suite account or to their guests' account; we have done both.

26 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

You just let the maitre'd or server know where you would like the charges sent. They can apply it to the suite account or to their guests' account; we have done both.

It must depend on the maitre'd.  We were told it had to go on the suite guests account, no exceptions.  Also suites were sold out on our Trans-Pac cruise.  There was always a wait if you wanted to dine in the 6pm to 8pm time slot.  Therefore the only possibility to bring a guest in was after 8pm.  They would not take reservations either.  Other itineraries may vary.

21 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I would be very surprised if suites were not at 100% occupancy on ever cruise.  (Unless there were a lot of solo suite guests)

Not being rude, but kind of irrelevant, a solo cruiser pays as if they were two.  They that do are subsidizing others.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

10 hours ago, El Crucero said:

It must depend on the maitre'd.  We were told it had to go on the suite guests account, no exceptions.  Also suites were sold out on our Trans-Pac cruise.  There was always a wait if you wanted to dine in the 6pm to 8pm time slot.  Therefore the only possibility to bring a guest in was after 8pm.  They would not take reservations either.  Other itineraries may vary.

All I know is that on Silhouette the maitre'd said it was to be charged to the suite account, so I think El Crucero is right.  We didn't care we had a lot of OBC so it was nice to bring friends with us to dinner and didn't really cost anyone anything.