Covid Passports

Trimone

COVID-passport' for tourists who have had a coronavirus vaccine is in final stages of development amid reports airlines will BAN anyone who has refused the injection

The International Air Transport Association says that it is in the final phase of developing the passport which may be an essential component in rebuilding the shattered tourism industry.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Trimone said:

COVID-passport' for tourists who have had a coronavirus vaccine is in final stages of development amid reports airlines will BAN anyone who has refused the injection

The International Air Transport Association says that it is in the final phase of developing the passport which may be an essential component in rebuilding the shattered tourism industry.

On paper it sounds like a great idea.  Unfortunately no one knows for sure yet how long the immunity would last and how often (if at all) people would need boosters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winterbliss said:

Do you notice how many pharmaceutical ads are on tv nowadays? Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me. What does that have to do with this, you may ask. That should be rather obvious...I respond.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm having a hard time connecting the number of pharmaceutical ads on TV to how one country or travel company is suggesting passports could be tagged with vaccine status to ensure easier passage in a post-COVID world.

There's one on my TV as I compose this, for a Rheumatoid Arthritis drug...

• Like 3

Just now, 1025cruise said:

Just out of curiosity, what exactly does this post have to do with Norwegian Cruise Lines, specifically?

To be fair - the same can be said of the posts regarding the vaccines.  Better than the posts about the rates being outrageous, as if that couldn't be seen coming...

When we were kids we had to carry about our immunization records to get into most countries.  Mine was big and thick.  And we had to get some shots, like cholera, every six months.  I wonder how much of that will be coming back.

20201027_134626.jpg

• Like 7

These posts have alot to do with NCL and many other companies trying to survive. When I hear the possibility of a mandated covid vaccine, I cringe. I chose not to do South America cruise last year because I preferred to go somewhere where I didn't have to get more vaccinations. So off to Australia, NZ and South Pacific we went, albeit cut short in March.

I'm in no way trying to minimize the actual covid illness. But the 'spike in cases' does not mean all of those have clinical infection. People are urged to go and get tested...even when they feel wonderful. Why... because even though we feel great, we're told there's a good chance we're not and we should stay home anyway. And, the accuracy of these tests? They're not. Ive actually heard several docs on main stream media say that the PCR is the gold standard. not true...and it's easy to find out it isn't true. Many good folks believe what they're being told.

When I read that people seem very receptive to being administered a vaccine, wherein, by common sense alone, you cannot possibly know what the side effects of this drug will ultimately be, I feel so concerned. If you do the math on any of the numbers that are put on the screen 24/7, perhaps you could explain to me how it then makes sense for mass vaccination for this? I really am trying to understand that point of view. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

These posts have alot to do with NCL and many other companies trying to survive. When I hear the possibility of a mandated covid vaccine, I cringe. I chose not to do South America cruise last year because I preferred to go somewhere where I didn't have to get more vaccinations. So off to Australia, NZ and South Pacific we went, albeit cut short in March.

I'm in no way trying to minimize the actual covid illness. But the 'spike in cases' does not mean all of those have clinical infection. People are urged to go and get tested...even when they feel wonderful. Why... because even though we feel great, we're told there's a good chance we're not and we should stay home anyway. And, the accuracy of these tests? They're not. Ive actually heard several docs on main stream media say that the PCR is the gold standard. not true...and it's easy to find out it isn't true. Many good folks believe what they're being told.

When I read that people seem very receptive to being administered a vaccine, wherein, by common sense alone, you cannot possibly know what the side effects of this drug will ultimately be, I feel so concerned. If you do the math on any of the numbers that are put on the screen 24/7, perhaps you could explain to me how it then makes sense for mass vaccination for this? I really am trying to understand that point of view. 

260,000 dead, reason enough?

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

Dont want to take the vaccine?   Dont.   Stay home.   Dont go out to eat, dont travel, dont go to the doctors, dont see family or friends.....  just dont.   By your figuring, you "may" have an answer in 2-3 years and can come out of your basement.   Not me.    I'll pull out my old "yellow card" and get the vaccine and go back to living.   

• Like 14

Just like I posted on the OP's other thread about this "covid passport", my question is, why re-invent the wheel?  As a previous poster has mentioned, there is the perfectly good, internationally recognized, and issued by virtually every country in the world, "International Certificate of Vaccination", which has been in use for over 50 years.  You present the "yellow card" to the doctor administering the vaccine, and they sign, date, and stamp it.  This new "passport" will require you to take this same information to another company to produce this "passport", which seems a waste of time, energy, and resources.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bssc said:

When we were kids we had to carry about our immunization records to get into most countries.  Mine was big and thick.  And we had to get some shots, like cholera, every six months.  I wonder how much of that will be coming back.

20201027_134626.jpg

Yes - Military has been doing this for decades.  This and your passport is the lifeline.  

Don't leave home without it!

Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FredT said:

Dont want to take the vaccine?   Dont.   Stay home.   Dont go out to eat, dont travel, dont go to the doctors, dont see family or friends.....  just dont.   By your figuring, you "may" have an answer in 2-3 years and can come out of your basement.   Not me.    I'll pull out my old "yellow card" and get the vaccine and go back to living.   

I sense your frustration with my skepticism. However, quite the contrary...I haven't hidden in fear in any capacity nor will I. This is clearly a divisive calamity. I wish everyone well. Over and out.. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, winterbliss said:

Not simply believing what I've been told. There is absolutely a spike in cases in my area which I am aware of because I see people at work dropping like flies. And yes, sick, no simply tested positive because they were encouraged to get tested.  In my area they haven't encouraged healthy people to get tested because they are too many sick people for them to keep up with the testing. In October, our numbers at work quadroubled over any previous month. And we we hit October's numbers in the first 10 days in November. The spike is real,  not just a testing error. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Just like I posted on the OP's other thread about this "covid passport", my question is, why re-invent the wheel?  As a previous poster has mentioned, there is the perfectly good, internationally recognized, and issued by virtually every country in the world, "International Certificate of Vaccination", which has been in use for over 50 years.  You present the "yellow card" to the doctor administering the vaccine, and they sign, date, and stamp it.  This new "passport" will require you to take this same information to another company to produce this "passport", which seems a waste of time, energy, and resources.

This!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, winterbliss said:

I'm in no way trying to minimize the actual covid illness. But the 'spike in cases' does not mean all of those have clinical infection. People are urged to go and get tested...even when they feel wonderful. Why... because even though we feel great, we're told there's a good chance we're not and we should stay home anyway. And, the accuracy of these tests? They're not. Ive actually heard several docs on main stream media say that the PCR is the gold standard. not true...and it's easy to find out it isn't true. Many good folks believe what they're being told...

The tests that take time for results (not the quick result tests) are pretty accurate.  In fact the fast result tests are accurate as well, when used as they are supposed to be (meaning testing people who have days of symptoms).  People are urged to get tested even when they feel well BECAUSE of the surge.  Some are pre-symptomatic at testing time, and others are asymptomatic and will remain asymptomatic.  Since one is spreading covid two days before they have symptoms, if there is wide spread testing and tracing, more people who are spreading the virus but are pre or non symptomatic can stay away from others and not spread it.  Wide spread testing isn't to help the people with covid.  If you are sick with covid and need medical attention, you really don't need a test to tell you that.  Wide spread testing is to help Grandma, the teachers, the grocery checker, your friends, family, etc.  Kind of like wearing a mask.  I wear mine to protect you, and you wear yours to protect me.  If I may have contacted covid, I get my test, so I know to protect you and vice versa.

• Like 2

Anti-vaxxers can take cruises to nowhere. However, when different countries establish an entry law that visitors must be vaccinated, no airline nor cruise line will permit boarding without verification. I remember some threads on CC where thoughtless passengers weren't allowed to board simply because they did not get a visa. Same difference.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Anti-vaxxers can take cruises to nowhere. However, when different countries establish an entry law that visitors must be vaccinated, no airline nor cruise line will permit boarding without verification. I remember some threads on CC where thoughtless passengers weren't allowed to board simply because they did not get a visa. Same difference.

I want to make a slight distinction between an anti-vaxxer and an anti-covid-vaxxer. Just because someone is opposed to getting a Covid vaccine (companies are being given passes on liability and admit to pretty serious errors in dosage administration) does not mean we are opposed to vaccinations in general. There is a middle ground here because the Covid vaccine is so new.  

If I choose not to receive a Covid vaccine and, as a result, a cruise line denies me boarding I am 100% fine with those consequences. My choice, my consequences. I just want to distinguish between vaccines that have been properly vetted and those that have been rushed. I suspect there are others who, like me, are skeptical with this particular vaccination but don't consider ourselves 'anti-vaxxers' in general.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I want to make a slight distinction between an anti-vaxxer and an anti-covid-vaxxer. Just because someone is opposed to getting a Covid vaccine (companies are being given passes on liability and admit to pretty serious errors in dosage administration) does not mean we are opposed to vaccinations in general. There is a middle ground here because the Covid vaccine is so new.  

If I choose not to receive a Covid vaccine and, as a result, a cruise line denies me boarding I am 100% fine with those consequences. My choice, my consequences. I just want to distinguish between vaccines that have been properly vetted and those that have been rushed. I suspect there are others who, like me, are skeptical with this particular vaccination but don't consider ourselves 'anti-vaxxers' in general.

Agree 100 percent!

• Like 3