Drink package

erllje

11 minutes ago, Barsnikel said:

Thank you. I did not know that.  We will just order by the glass   🙂

Wine drinkers can't get bottles, beer drinkers can't get tubes or pitchers and mixed drink consumers can't get fish bowls....all not allowed on Cheers.

2 hours ago, erllje said:

I posted the OP and maybe 5 people tried to give me their reason which I appreciate. The other 372 replies were a waste of time. I guess this was not a good idea on my half.

Carnival can do what they want with any of their promotions rules wise and offer it to whomever the computer program seems worthy of receiving the promotion.  I learned a long time ago that I don't make the rules, I just play the game.  This is just another instance where this rule comes into play. 

The rules for this promotion are for 2 adults per cabin only and it is being marketed to only certain clientele.   Feel lucky that you got the promotion, I would love to have received a RU1, RU2 or RU3, but only got a RU9, which is worthless. 

Sorry if nobody gave you the answer that you were looking for, but you can always speak with your wallet and choose a different cruise line to vacation on.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2020 at 5:38 AM, erllje said:

I received an email which I’m sure many have from Carnival giving the drink package if you are a VIFP. We decided to take the family and called Carnival and requested 3 balcony cabins for 6 adults and 6 children aged 7-16. We told her the cruise we wanted and got everything we wanted except the drink package. I asked why we didn’t get the drink package and she informed us because it is only for cabins with double occupancy, so even if they are children under 21 you lose the perk. I don’t understand why Carnival would do this, you take an extra 6 people and it seems you get penalized. What are your thoughts why It's simple just book 3 adults 3 cabins for the adultsthey would do this. 

It's simple. Just book three cabins for six adults (without children) and you will get the drink package for all six adults.

Just choose the rate code which includes the Cheers package.

You will have to book 2 or 3 more cabins for the 6 children at the super saver rate with no frills.

18 hours ago, erllje said:

I posted the OP and maybe 5 people tried to give me their reason which I appreciate. The other 372 replies were a waste of time. I guess this was not a good idea on my half.

Please identify the 5 useful posts.  Then the rest of us can learn that further detailed discussion of a topic in a public forum is not desired if you are the OP.

🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Please identify the 5 useful posts.  Then the rest of us can learn that further detailed discussion of a topic in a public forum is not desired if you are the OP.

🙄

I second this. Members, experts and experienced cruisers have taken a lot of time and trouble to post valuable inputs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

Wow. This seems pretty rude.

It's certainly very rude.

I feel bad for all the experts and experienced cruisers, who wasted their time replying to this OP

Edited by drsel
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 5:25 PM, bury me at sea said:

Carnival did not bequeath the OBC.  They offered it as an incentive to rebook a cancelled cruise.

Also to keep our money, money that would be working for us instead of for them at a time when they are bleeding cash. They have 2k of my money to do with what they want for a year and a half. Most of my $600 will be spent on board, but I will not feel guilty for cashing out the remaining "interest" on MY money if any is left at the end of my cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Denise72 said:

Also to keep our money, money that would be working for us instead of for them at a time when they are bleeding cash. They have 2k of my money to do with what they want for a year and a half. Most of my $600 will be spent on board, but I will not feel guilty for cashing out the remaining "interest" on MY money if any is left at the end of my cruise.

If you were so concerned about Carnival doing what they wanted for a year and a half with YOUR  $2,000, you always had the option to ask for a refund and then you would have had your money working for you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you were so concerned about Carnival doing what they wanted for a year and a half with YOUR  $2,000, you always had the option to ask for a refund and then you would have had your money working for you.

actually the $600 OBC for re-booking is too good to be true!

Its way better than all the other Cruise lines!!

we can't fault anyone for choosing the 600 OBC, because it's such an excellent offer.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

actually the $600 OBC for re-booking is too good to be true!

Its way better than all the other Cruise lines!!

we can't fault anyone for choosing the 600 OBC, because it's such an excellent offer.

I fully realize that the 600 in OBC is the best of the offers that the various lines offered as compensation.   But at the same time, you can't go and take the 600, and then complain that Carnival has your 2000 for 18 months to do what they want with.  If was her option to let Carnival keep the money and by doing so she was compensated with the 600.  You can't  have your cake and eat it too.  If losing 2000 out of your bank account is putting a financial stress on you in these trying times, all you had to do was take the refund.  Instead,  she decided to grab that 600 dollar carrot and has said she'll probably spend most of it, but cash out the balance to make up for the interest she lost on the 2000 for 18 months. Not right in my book....the 600 in OBC more than makes up for the interest lost.

• Like 1

We used the RU3 code to book a 9-night July cruise on the Legend, which has just been cancelled. 

I've asked on the cancellations thread, but does anyone know if this offer is transferable to a future booking, or is it lost forever? A $600 OBC would not be the same value.

1 hour ago, backbiter said:

We used the RU3 code to book a 9-night July cruise on the Legend, which has just been cancelled. 

I've asked on the cancellations thread, but does anyone know if this offer is transferable to a future booking, or is it lost forever? A $600 OBC would not be the same value.

you will have to book a cruise in which the drinks package is offered (from selected ports ) and you will get the drinks package along with 600 OBC

1 hour ago, drsel said:

you will have to book a cruise in which the drinks package is offered (from selected ports ) and you will get the drinks package along with 600 OBC

Have now searched the Carnival offers. The code is still available for loads of cruises, but sadly not the one we were most interested in. We used the code to book the Norway fjords from London (Dover) for July 2021, but it's not available on the same cruise for 2022. As I said above, the $600 obc is not as valuable as the Cheers package for the 9 night cruise, which would cost over $1000. 

I'll have a word with our PVP to see if she do anything for us.

55 minutes ago, backbiter said:

Have now searched the Carnival offers. The code is still available for loads of cruises, but sadly not the one we were most interested in. We used the code to book the Norway fjords from London (Dover) for July 2021, but it's not available on the same cruise for 2022. As I said above, the $600 obc is not as valuable as the Cheers package for the 9 night cruise, which would cost over $1000. 

I'll have a word with our PVP to see if she do anything for us.

The current Drinks offer I have states the following:

"Available on select sailings between June1, 2021 and May 31, 2022"

That would explain why it isn't offered for that (presumably) July 2022 cruise.

Maybe they'll extend the timeframe for the offer eventually.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The current Drinks offer I have states the following:

"Available on select sailings between June1, 2021 and May 31, 2022"

That would explain why it isn't offered for that (presumably) July 2022 cruise.

Maybe they'll extend the timeframe for the offer eventually.

If you noticed,  the promotion is good for 1 year starting on 6/1/21, if cruising doesn't resume until  8/1/21, then it should be good until 7/31/22.