FRIENDLY GAYS ON CRUISES🤗

Rotterdam

On 9/29/2021 at 2:08 AM, Kenito said:

I have put together several gay groups of 20 to 40 guys on mainstream cruises.  We always had fun with no problems, a large group encourage a few more to join us at the cocktail mixer.  If I didn't like how the mixer was timed, location, time, or description I politely spoke to the cruise director and I encourage any one of you when you see something 'off,' speak up!  They have always responded favorably.

Traveling in a group is very different; I think the thread is more about how friendly gays are on regular cruises in general.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, Jared2 said:

Pretty much all the ones I meet on regular cruises are fine people. Now a gay cruise, that's a different story... Probably why I avoid them!

That’s a shame. We have had wonderful experiences on the 4 gay cruises we took over the years….and we are by no means big partiers…..

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, Chicken_Lips said:

Meeting gays on cruises is a mixed bag. It's the same as in a gay bar. Some guys will be cool and friendly, while some guys will be shallow and rude AF!

I think a lot of extroverted people get frustrated when cruisers travelling with others, don't respond to their greetings as expected. Just be aware that a lot of people, gay and straight, who go on cruises as couples or with friends, just aren't interested in socializing outside their immediate group. This is how people behave, don't let it ruin your day. If you click, you click. If not, move on and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I am the chatty one in our relationship. My partner wishes I would sit quietly and leave people alone but it is not my nature. He feels that it is like I am interrogating people but to me it is just a chance to hopefully meet interesting people or people with interesting stories. I find that most people are great and only a few are avoidable.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CalgaryMac said:

I am the chatty one in our relationship. My partner wishes I would sit quietly and leave people alone but it is not my nature. He feels that it is like I am interrogating people but to me it is just a chance to hopefully meet interesting people or people with interesting stories. I find that most people are great and only a few are avoidable.

Maybe instead of talking, you could hand out a questionnaire that people could return to you. That might make your partner happy.  🤣

• Haha 2

Hi! I am late to the party! Hubby and I switch between Royal and Celebrity.  We prefer Celebrity but like to switch things up since one is less formal than the either. Celebrity typically has more LGBTQ representation for sure, but I think both cruise lines can improve on the LGBTQ socials they organize.  Overall, the fellow "family" seem nice but sometimes do I feel it to be forced??? Yes. Wish there was a better way to connect with others that are on the same sailings ahead of time.  The LGBTQ roll calls are so quiet I am starting to see tumbleweeds roll through LOL.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Drewtastic86 said:

Hi! I am late to the party! Hubby and I switch between Royal and Celebrity.  We prefer Celebrity but like to switch things up since one is less formal than the either. Celebrity typically has more LGBTQ representation for sure, but I think both cruise lines can improve on the LGBTQ socials they organize.  Overall, the fellow "family" seem nice but sometimes do I feel it to be forced??? Yes. Wish there was a better way to connect with others that are on the same sailings ahead of time.  The LGBTQ roll calls are so quiet I am starting to see tumbleweeds roll through LOL.....

I wonder if you have tried using the regular roll calls for the cruise?  Or are those equally quiet?

I ask everyone the same question.   If you see two guys or two women, how do you respond?  Say hello, wave or ignore?  What's forced about a LGBTQ get together?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I wonder if you have tried using the regular roll calls for the cruise?  Or are those equally quiet?

I ask everyone the same question.   If you see two guys or two women, how do you respond?  Say hello, wave or ignore?  What's forced about a LGBTQ get together?

Hey! Yeah we have done the regular roll call and for one cruise, it was successful.  We connected with a nice couple and are still friends today.  However, that was just once and for my current cruise roll call, there is an 86 person Harley Davison motorcycle club! YAY!

The get together just seems stiff and like an after thought. Instead of just stating there is a gathering at a bar...it would be nicer if it was a gathering with a complimentary glass of champagne and light Hors d'Oeuvres (yes I looked up how to spell that lol.).  Something to attract more people to attend I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drewtastic86 said:

Hey! Yeah we have done the regular roll call and for one cruise, it was successful.  We connected with a nice couple and are still friends today.  However, that was just once and for my current cruise roll call, there is an 86 person Harley Davison motorcycle club! YAY!

The get together just seems stiff and like an after thought. Instead of just stating there is a gathering at a bar...it would be nicer if it was a gathering with a complimentary glass of champagne and light Hors d'Oeuvres (yes I looked up how to spell that lol.).  Something to attract more people to attend I guess.

Get out of here with your fancy foreign words!  I don't eat horse meat.

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

As someone who rarely drinks, I find the meetups that actually happen are always in a bar.  Undoubtedly, I get the question 'what are you drinking' and when I respond 'club soda', I either get 'what, are you an alcoholic?" or I get the snub face as I am begin looking down upon. Quite frankly, I don't need that kind of interaction.  On my most recent cruise, I was sailing solo and did give it another chance, so I went to the location and when I went to the bar to order my drink, the bartender told me he didn't have club soda, this is a martini bar.  I wasn't going to order a drink that I didn't want so I promptly left.  If you are going to offer an Gay meetup, at least have it in a place where some could get non alcoholic beverages if they want them.

2 hours ago, beachluvr65 said:

As someone who rarely drinks, I find the meetups that actually happen are always in a bar.  Undoubtedly, I get the question 'what are you drinking' and when I respond 'club soda', I either get 'what, are you an alcoholic?" or I get the snub face as I am begin looking down upon. Quite frankly, I don't need that kind of interaction.  On my most recent cruise, I was sailing solo and did give it another chance, so I went to the location and when I went to the bar to order my drink, the bartender told me he didn't have club soda, this is a martini bar.  I wasn't going to order a drink that I didn't want so I promptly left.  If you are going to offer an Gay meetup, at least have it in a place where some could get non alcoholic beverages if they want them.

So that bar had no virgin drinks at all?  Did you give the organizer any feedback before or after?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently did a cruise on the Konigsdam, and there was a very nice group that met nightly. The ship only set up two or three meetings, but the group took it upon itself to keep things going. We met in one of the quieter bars during the twilight time between early and late seating dinner. Our ages ranged from 30s to 80s, and the conversation was always interesting. Definitely one of the highlights of the cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fshepinc said:

I recently did a cruise on the Konigsdam, and there was a very nice group that met nightly. The ship only set up two or three meetings, but the group took it upon itself to keep things going. We met in one of the quieter bars during the twilight time between early and late seating dinner. Our ages ranged from 30s to 80s, and the conversation was always interesting. Definitely one of the highlights of the cruise.

Was it all men or women too?  In my experience with social groups I see more men.

There was one female couple -but they only joined us a couple of times. I think the group  was very accepting and inclusive -but they were first-time cruisers who wanted to do a lot of different activities.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 9:54 AM, beachluvr65 said:

This gets to me too, but I've organized a number of onboard events (non-gay) and it's usually the cruise line that schedules these meetings wherever they happen to have the space, and bars and lounges are often widely available during the daytime hours when they are not in use.  I can ask for specific locations, but in the end it's up to the cruise line and capacity limits.  I can't come up with all that many reasonable alternatives to bars, although as I've said many times in this forum, I've met more gays in the gym and spa than I ever have at a FOD 🤣. 

FOD's are like gay bars, people are self-conscious and feel as if they are on display as opposed to a random meeting someplace, that's where I find the most interesting people, and when I'm more likely to come out, I don't always do so, depends on the ship/destination/passenger base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, atexsix said:

This gets to me too, but I've organized a number of onboard events (non-gay) and it's usually the cruise line that schedules these meetings wherever they happen to have the space, and bars and lounges are often widely available during the daytime hours when they are not in use.  I can ask for specific locations, but in the end it's up to the cruise line and capacity limits.  I can't come up with all that many reasonable alternatives to bars, although as I've said many times in this forum, I've met more gays in the gym and spa than I ever have at a FOD 🤣. 

FOD's are like gay bars, people are self-conscious and feel as if they are on display as opposed to a random meeting someplace, that's where I find the most interesting people, and when I'm more likely to come out, I don't always do so, depends on the ship/destination/passenger base.

Just stop right there!  I don’t need to know what you are doing at the spa.  This is a family website.

🙂

• Like 1