Royal Errors - Intentional?

Beachammo

I've done 4 lift/shifts over the past 6 months. When they send it back to me repriced with the price protection, they always forget to move the OBC forward. They've also messed up the price protection twice (in their favor). 

A phone call to Royal always corrects the issue....but how many don't call??

I've also been waiting for a $900 FCC since July. I call each week and they say it will be "one more week" as it had to be done manually. 

There has to be a good percentage of customers that don't monitor Royal closely during these times that are being taken advantage of.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I've done 4 lift/shifts over the past 6 months. When they send it back to me repriced with the price protection, they always forget to move the OBC forward. They've also messed up the price protection twice (in their favor). 

I've also been waiting for a $900 FCC since July. I call each week and they say it will be "one more week" as it had to be done manually. 

There has to be a good percentage of customers that don't monitor Royal closely during these times that are being taken advantage of.....

Sounds more like typical RCI software issues.  We got our $900 in FCC two weeks after we cancelled and previous refunds very quickly.  Haven't done L&S.  

1 minute ago, BND said:

Sounds more like typical RCI software issues.  We got our $900 in FCC two weeks after we cancelled and previous refunds very quickly.  Haven't done L&S.  

That same software had no issues charging my credit card within minutes of me making final payment

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

That same software had no issues charging my credit card within minutes of me making final payment

Those are two different functions.  It's not the same software/program, but okay.

Edited by BND

I've encountered too many "errors" always in their favor to consider it poor software or bad IT.

Up to this point I've never had refundable bookings mysteriously become NRD.

Up to this point I've never had a charter cancellation deny a refund because they claim I cancelled the cruise when it was they who chartered the ship and cancelled on me.

Up to this point I've never had a cruise cancelled by a cruise line become ineligible for a refund and must take FCC as only option.  No L&S involved, booked with a credit card then it cancelled.  No refund option.

Up to this point I've never have had them change ships then claim a two bedroom suite can't accomodate three guests therefore I have to accept a downgrade to a standard suite.

Up to this point I've never had them offer price protection for a suite booking to a new date that has no suite cabins available.

I understand there is a pandemic going on but that doesn't excuse sleazy tricks to avoid processing refunds.  These are not software glitches.  Those are human beings making the choice to lie to you and do something opposite from what they tell you on the phone.  

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I would just be happy if I knew that a L&S had been successful. I get the "you're all set" email, but then sit and wait for days to actually get a decision from them. As for calling to correct their "errors", I've done that so often I have resolutions on speed dial.

35 minutes ago, BND said:

Those are two different functions.  It's not the same software/program, but okay.

There are not many fans of Royal bigger than I am.....but no one can defend these actions. 

Blaming it and accepting it as software problem...is rediculous. Software can be rewritten within days. 

• Like 2

Yes.

Many may begin as unintentional errors but the complete lack of any corrections going forward or changes to how I.T. operates turn them into intentional.

I'm sure this is not the first time they've had to change ships/itineraries/plans...... perhaps not on such a grand scale.... but if they cared they would have ironed out the processes on the small scale.

It's just the mysterious water bottle/mini bar charges on a MASSIVE scale. 

Yet we continue to sail with them because the product/price paid makes sense for us....... keeping a very close eye on the bottom line.....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BND said:

I think perhaps the point could be the "take money in" works just fine, the "send money back out" is the equivalent technology of a guy with an abacus getting his numbers from a magic 8 ball.

• Haha 1

I have 3 cruises cancelled where the FCCs were originally correct and then they changed them without notifying me.  

they have given me 3 refunds which are being charged back against the changed request making the error even greater.

I emailed Mr Fain to discuss my concerns as a retired loss control manager. 

long story short I got a call back by the resolution Dept yesterday and they are reviewing the 3 bookings and will get back to me within 48 hours.

They have a mess on their hands and as they cancel more months of cruises the situation is only going to get worse.

Quality control seems to be non-existent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

I think perhaps the point could be the "take money in" works just fine, the "send money back out" is the equivalent technology of a guy with an abacus getting his numbers from a magic 8 ball.

Sounds a lot like the tax office and social security offices where I live. 

11 hours ago, twangster said:

I've encountered too many "errors" always in their favor to consider it poor software or bad IT.

Same.

I also have seen lots of errors in their favour onboard - including where gratuities are added to my onboard account (as I book through the Australian website gratuities are always included in my fare). 

Lucky they have nice ships 😀

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Up to this point I've never had refundable bookings mysteriously become NRD.

Up to this point I've never had a charter cancellation deny a refund because they claim I cancelled the cruise when it was they who chartered the ship and cancelled on me.

Up to this point I've never had a cruise cancelled by a cruise line become ineligible for a refund and must take FCC as only option.  No L&S involved, booked with a credit card then it cancelled.  No refund option.

Up to this point I've never have had them change ships then claim a two bedroom suite can't accomodate three guests therefore I have to accept a downgrade to a standard suite.

Up to this point I've never had them offer price protection for a suite booking to a new date that has no suite cabins available.

I understand there is a pandemic going on but that doesn't excuse sleazy tricks to avoid processing refunds.  These are not software glitches.  Those are human beings making the choice to lie to you and do something opposite from what they tell you on the phone.  

I can understand slow refunds but this is ridiculous.  You have a full time job on your hands here. I'm sure you also experienced long hold times.

Just got off the phone with Royal.

I had two $450 FCCs ($900) that I applied to a booking yesterday. When I got the email with the cruise receipt today, Royal only applied $660 to the booking. When I called they said everything was correct and tried to blame a price drop i got 6 months ago and then port fees. Neither had anything to do with what my final cost was yesterday vs the $900 less it should of been today after they applied the FCCs.

After two supervisors took a look....i finally got the rest applied. 45 mins out of my life....😎. Many people would of just excepted the original answer and Royal would of made out......

#ErrorAlwaysFavorsRoyal

Edited by Beachammo