Double captain’s club points

joetop2467

23 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

What were the criteria for double captains club points for booking a cruise?  We lifted and shifted our 2-28-2021 cruise to 2-26-2022.  Can we get double points?

I talked to my TA just before Nov 17th. She said it had to be a new booking. I moved a booking to a new cruise, then rebooked. The cruise was the same price that I already had. Our cruise is Aug 2021.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

• 2 months later...

I see on the Celebrity Captains Club section it still shows as Jumpstart January as being live. I talked to my TA and they can't really tell because its not a perk. Was thinking about booking with double points 🙂

I need a crystal ball to tell me if Australia 2022 is safe or with double points if I should just do 2023. If they even have double points, if not I may just wait as there is no real point in booking now is there?

We booked a Reflection Cruise Rome to Israel/Turkey/Greece in September utilising the deal. Booked a Concierge for the extra points. With a few more Power Up Points we should be Elite for our Singapore-Hong Kong Cruise in January 2022. 

Just praying for the Europe cruise season to start and Reflection coming over. Actually considering changing it for a Silhouette Cruise in September and avod the flights (for a 10 minute taxi).... if Silhouette comes over too.

2 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Actually considering changing it for a Silhouette Cruise in September and avod the flights (for a 10 minute taxi).... if Silhouette comes over too.

I have just been looking at cruises from Southampton ( Silhouette) on the Celebrity web site and can only see cruises for 2022.

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I have just been looking at cruises from Southampton ( Silhouette) on the Celebrity web site and can only see cruises for 2022.

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I can still see a bunch of Silhouette cruises from May 2021 until the TA in November 2021 on the US site

Also visible from the UK site - searching from .co.uk and then getting the response from .com/gb

58 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

I see on the Celebrity Captains Club section it still shows as Jumpstart January as being live. I talked to my TA and they can't really tell because its not a perk. Was thinking about booking with double points 🙂

I need a crystal ball to tell me if Australia 2022 is safe or with double points if I should just do 2023. If they even have double points, if not I may just wait as there is no real point in booking now is there?

Australia is one of the most careful and conservative countries in controlling risk of virus entry.  It will likely be one of the last places on earth to open up to foreign travel, cruising and tourism.  Same for New Zealand.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Just talked to Celebrity and the double Captains Club points offer has expired and they do not know if another will take its place. The agent didn't seem like they had a clue at the start so not 100% sure I believe it.

When we talked with our X PVP the other day, he also said it was no longer available.

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

From their website:

Offer ends January 31, 2021 and is valid for sailings from May 1, 2021 – May 23, 2023. Book online with your Captain’s Club member identification number or contact your Travel Advisor.

Yes, I saw that on X's current webpage.

But when I booked 2 cruises last month the language was exactly the same, except the end date was December 31, 2020. Knowing how inconsistent (trying to be polite here 😉) X's IT team is, it looks like there might be a typo?

It also seems odd, to me, that X would run an offer like this for 11 months. 

Edited by C-Dragons