Arnison Sells A Block of Carnival Stock

logan25

10 hours ago, Je Souhaite said:

The biggest will be the first to fall.  Hard.

If the vaccine does not work and work quickly all of the lines will have to file bankruptcy, and all of the people that have been glad to float these billion dollar companies interest free loans will lose all of that money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

and CCL closed UP over 8% today @ $22.88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52 week low is $7.80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, the stock is doing well, but it still has a long way to recover.  Hopefully over the the next couple of years CCL will be back to it's glory days 🙂

• Like 1

In own a couple of cruise stocks ( bought at the bottom months ago) along with some US airline stock too.

I would hope and expect that all public companies take whatever advantage they can get by filling protections when it is necessary. 
it’s not a terrible move if it keeps it floating with a upside to thriving and growing .

They were  making money pre virus , they will make money post virus.. stuff will change but money will be continued to be made. Regardless of most protections or a filing a company takes.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 11:37 AM, JaxsMama said:

I still don't believe the cruise industry will survive this. I hope it does but I'm not wagering my money on it. 

So are we to assume then that this will be your last post on CC?  If you don't respond, then you have responded. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 7:32 AM, skridge said:

If the vaccine does not work and work quickly all of the lines will have to file bankruptcy, and all of the people that have been glad to float these billion dollar companies interest free loans will lose all of that money.

I agree if the vaccine does not work then the cruise lines are doomed although I confident the vaccines will work and the pandemic will be over soon.  Even once the pandemic is over the cruise lines are out of the woods since there is a new world order who generally believe cruise lines are evil corpations bent on destroying the world's oceans. These people will use the threat of other pandemics to keep sailing down and prices high.  I am afraid major cruises lines will have to merge and greatly reduce the number of ships. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

I doubt any of the large cruise lines will go bankrupt. They simply owe far to much on what are currently essentially worthless assets. Creditors are far more likely to keep feeding them cash until operations can return to normal.

• Like 2

FBN was saying when insiders are selling it's time to sell, the market is overvalued.

PFE insider also sold, and many others. Not just Arrison. Almost the best ever November run up on anticipation of future earnings. .. with the except of a few growth like Amazon, many are fully valued for right now. Priced to perfection as they say. 

Does anyone else find it Ironic that we are talking about Carnival filing bankruptcy

and their CEO sitting on 16 billion in funds in the same thread. This is what is wrong with corporations today. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

Does anyone else find it Ironic that we are talking about Carnival filing bankruptcy

and their CEO sitting on 16 billion in funds in the same thread. This is what is wrong with corporations today. 

He's not the CEO, he's the chairman. And if you think the 16 billion is bad, get this...if Carnival files for bankruptcy, he's guaranteed that money...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, john91498 said:

He's not the CEO, he's the chairman. And if you think the 16 billion is bad, get this...if Carnival files for bankruptcy, he's guaranteed that money...

I am curious why you think he is guaranteed that money? I think we have a typo, his CCL stock would be worth about 1.6 Billion (approximately $20 a share and 80 million shares, using what was quoted above). If CCL goes bankrupt and he doesn't sell first, it will be pennies on the dollar at most.

• Like 1

Seems to me that American auto makers and airlines have filed for bankruptcy in the past, and they are still alive and kicking. Question: since Carnival Corp is incorporated in Panama, wouldn't it need to file under the Panamanian Insolvency Law? Things could go differently than if it could file under US bankruptcy laws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaydubya said:

Seems to me that American auto makers and airlines have filed for bankruptcy in the past, and they are still alive and kicking. Question: since Carnival Corp is incorporated in Panama, wouldn't it need to file under the Panamanian Insolvency Law? Things could go differently than if it could file under US bankruptcy laws.

US bankruptcy laws allow foreign corporations to restructure according to US law if they do business in the US.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:48 PM, john91498 said:

it is a typo. Good catch.

I'm almost certain that the stocks he has is Series A.

My review of their SEC filings shows no preferred shares, I would not be surprised if he had shares with super votes, but I also don't see that anywhere, and back when CCL/CUK went public, that structure was not as popular. Tech companies are the ones abusing that now. I think he holds common shares, and there is no protection for his current investment value (unless he did some sort of option activity).

On 12/4/2020 at 1:49 AM, BlerkOne said:

and CCL closed UP over 8% today @ $22.88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52 week low is $7.80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCL up 3X in the past 9 months as well, made a giant pile of $$$$ this year off of cruise and airline stocks, vegas too.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 9:24 AM, firefly333 said:

FBN was saying when insiders are selling it's time to sell, the market is overvalued.

PFE insider also sold, and many others. Not just Arrison. Almost the best ever November run up on anticipation of future earnings. .. with the except of a few growth like Amazon, many are fully valued for right now. Priced to perfection as they say. 

thats certainly an investors prerogative. But most of the folks that are scared now were also the ones scared this spring and never caught the massive gains. Make sure your choices are non-emotional, and you'll always be in good shape

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival is dual listed so probably UK law is involved, too.

It doesn't matter where the company is incorporated, the US has some of the most favorable bankruptcy laws around, so foreign corporations use the US law in lieu of their country of incorporation.

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

It doesn't matter where the company is incorporated, the US has some of the most favorable bankruptcy laws around, so foreign corporations use the US law in lieu of their country of incorporation.

It doesn't matter, Carnival isn't going bankrupt.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 11:30 AM, JaxsMama said:

And this is why I recently sold all my cruise stocks and opted for a refund in cash.  I cant see how bankruptcy isn't in the future. 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:34 AM, jimbo5544 said:

You do realize this type of thing happen all the time.

Exactly.  For any publicly traded company, it is quite usual for executives to pre-plan any stock trading well in advance, and for it to occur outside of the so-called blackout periods that surround the quarterly announcements.  

If someone in his position just suddenly called his/her broker and said "Sell it! Now!" red flags would go up so fast they'd cause sonic booms.

On 12/4/2020 at 7:32 AM, skridge said:

What's to stop them for selling more stock like they been doing and diluting the stock. 

Doesnt help the stock price, but they been doing it already.